England tour of South Africa (4 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither Morgan nor Root thought it was their business to tell English crowds how to behave towards Warner and Smith. When the boot’s on the other foot however the English squeal. Typical English, always the victims.

Neither Morgan nor Root thought it was their business to tell English crowds how to behave towards Warner and Smith. When the boot’s on the other foot however the English squeal. Typical English, always the victims.
Good post. Even Kohli told the crowd not to boo Smith.

Smith was boo' d for being a cheat .
Stokes was reviled for being a ginger ¥×¥₩$#.
My wife and sons are gingers so they deserve this ?
If they were cheats Then that goes with the territory .
Your reasoning is poor and to say "typical English" is strange .

Smith was boo' d for being a cheat .

So was Stuart Broad but it didn’t stop the English squealing about that.

Stokes was reviled for being a ginger ¥×¥₩$#.
My wife and sons are gingers so they deserve this ?

Warner’s wife was reviled by the Barmy Army, as was Johnson’s girlfriend and mother. Didn’t see a cavalcade of ex English captains lining up to condemn that. Stokes he’s called Ed Sheehan and you liken that to being reviled? You’re havin a laugh.

If they were cheats Then that goes with the territory.

Your reasoning is poor and to say "typical English" is strange .

Abuse is abuse, but the again it’s not surprising that the English would defend it. The Barmy Army can sing what they like and it’s just banter. Your players can assault and abuse who they like and it’s ok. Always the victims, ashamed of nothing.

So was Stuart Broad but it didn’t stop the English squealing about that.

Warner’s wife was reviled by the Barmy Army, as was Johnson’s girlfriend and mother. Didn’t see a cavalcade of ex English captains lining up to condemn that. Stokes he’s called Ed Sheehan and you liken that to being reviled? You’re havin a laugh.

Abuse is abuse, but the again it’s not surprising that the English would defend it. The Barmy Army can sing what they like and it’s just banter. Your players can assault and abuse who they like and it’s ok. Always the victims, ashamed of nothing.
But Broad didn't cheat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allowing an umpire to make a decision is not cheating.

Is every bowler in the world a cheat for appealing when they know the batsman edged it onto his pads?

F***ong clutching.

Not what I was referring to, but always good to see people getting to the crux of the matter.

you can't complain when that is part of what the Barmy Army do.
barmy army had a song set to the tune of the adams family which was targeting not a player but a players wife and his mother, this isn't some drunk tosser at the game it's the official and beloved English supporters group planning out verbal attacks on players families so yeah they can piss of with this victim crap.

Butler abuses the crap out of Rabada with foul-mouthed language "it's part of the game, it's heat of the moment, maybe we shouldn't have the stumps mic turned on"

Stokes gets called a 'ginger campaigner' "our players have been called so much abuse it's not on where is the security"

Is it really that much different to cop vile abuse from a fellow player rather than a fan?
Why can we excuse players for having emotions running high, but a passionate and probably drunk bogan fan has to keep theirs in check?

I also don't care for the excuse that the South African TV station looks and isolates these incidents. No doubt they do, but if they didn't, Warner and Bancroft would probably still be sandpapering.

The one thing I do think is that security needs to be high and you should be removed from the area near the players race if you abuse the players. You don't have a right as a fan to sit there. It's a privilege. Abuse that privilege, you can go sit back 50 seats away. I don't believe players need to hit back, but they also don't need to cop abuse on the chin - in any case, I'm sure Stokes says far worse to other cricketers hence I don't have a bleeding heart for him, but I certainly don't think you should be allowed to sit on the race and call players and staff c***s all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back