sethlad

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2001
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Derby County FC
Does anyone know if England v Germany is being shown live anywhere in Melbourne?

My guess is probably the Charles Dickens or All Star Cafe.

Any ideas?

ESPN!

I can't wait-its going to be awesome, the Mother country against the old enemy once again, slugging it out - toe to toe!

I also just read that there estimating over 2000 Brits without tickets will be making the trip to Germany so there just might be a little bit of trouble off the pitch, lets hope not.

My prediction 4-nil to Britannia, with Owen and Heskey carving the Nazi defence up once and for all.

P.S You'll here me booing if Sven starts Andy Cole up front.

Andy Cole

Didn't even know 'Row Z' was in the squad
It doesn't get much bigger than this,too important for a clown like Cole to be on the park.

They're playing Germany,they haven't exactly set the world on
fire in the last 4 or 5 yrs.

Why are we even worrying about World Cup qualifiers, France is going to win the whole thing. They are almost unbeatable at the moment, and when the stakes are high, like in next years World Cup, nobody will get close.
I predict France will not concede a single goal at next years World Cup. There defence is that strong, and they have one of the better Goalkeepers in the world. Also don't be surprised if they score over twenty goals themselves.

We Froggies will be too good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick,
If England lose we'll probably still finish second in the group this means we'll have to have a 2 legged play off game with one of the other 2nd placed teams from the European groups or I think the 2nd placed side from one of the eastern groups is included (teams like Iran,Saudi Arabia & all that mob).This could be real hairy as Holland (who beat us 2-0 the other day) could be in it as well as a number of pretty decent teams.Even if we beat Germany it's not absolutely sure that we'll head the group it could come down to goal difference.

Hey Fletch good to see you flying the flag & cheering for the 'mother country'-Rule Brittania-LOL!

QT, what's up man what have you got against us, I thought you were OK-how can you prefer the Krauts to us?

GH, yeah the Paddy's play the Dutch this weekend as well in Dublin-they've got a good chance as they beat Holland in Holland earlier on.

Originally posted by DIPPER
GH, yeah the Paddy's play the Dutch this weekend as well in Dublin-they've got a good chance as they beat Holland in Holland earlier on.

Well I'll be praying for a Irish victory- a win on Saturday and they are virtually assured of at least making the playoffs. Portugal should win every game they have left so it's a crucial match. Come on Ireland!

Originally posted by DIPPER

Hey Fletch good to see you flying the flag & cheering for the 'mother country'-Rule Brittania-LOL!

Thanks Dip old son, my mothers side is descended from Eng-land so I hold onto that connection. Plus I view England as the Collingwood(Germany are Carlton) of World soccer with all the hype and history which surrounds them and an army load of loyal fans. It;'s also easy to cheer for them when there is so many Reds in the squad. haha

My main concern at the moment is the 3.25 am kick off in Oz time-Damm. Don't expect to many posts from me tommorrow morning.

C'MON ENGLAND!

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and Glorious,
Long to reign over us;
God save the Queen!

Unberlievable!!!

Germany scored first after a 6th min goal to Jancker, then it was complete demolition.

Owen scored a hatrick, Heskey and Gerrard also scored!!

5-1! :eek:

:(

looking at remaining fixtures, i'd say that Holland are out. Ireland are assured of finishing top two, and chances are that Portugal will stay top two. can't believe that Holland won't make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back