England v New Zealand (Jun 2022 - 3 Match Test Series)

What will the Series Score between England and New Zealand be?

• England 1-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England 2-0

• England 3-0

• England 2-1

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Draw 0-0

• Draw 1-1

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • New Zealand 1-0

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • New Zealand 2-0

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • New Zealand 3-0

• New Zealand 2-1

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

England are decent chance if that new ball does a bit but cant see many ways for kiwis to force a win from this spot.
Yeah, getting into this position is quite tricky when it comes to deciding on a third innings declaration.

With the series at 0-1 I suspect the Kiwi's will play it quite safe, maybe give themselves 60ish overs tomorrow if they are still batting. With Joe Root in this form and Ben Stokes' general hitting ability I'd be surprised if they voluntarily allow them a look at anything less than 5 an over, even on a day five wicket.

I think NZ would be fine with batting England out of the game and go to the Headingley test with the aim of drawing the series.

Yeah, getting into this position is quite tricky when it comes to deciding on a third innings declaration.

With the series at 0-1 I suspect the Kiwi's will play it quite safe, maybe give themselves 60ish overs tomorrow if they are still batting. With Joe Root in this form and Ben Stokes' general hitting ability I'd be surprised if they voluntarily allow them a look at anything less than 5 an over, even on a day five wicket.

I think NZ would be fine with batting England out of the game and go to the Headingley test with the aim of drawing the series.
Yeah, I suspect NZ will play it safe and be happy to take 4 points for the Championship and hope to draw the series in the third. Whilst they can still win this one, it would take a dramatic English collapse to do so. I can't see them going all out to try and grab a quickfire 300 lead and then declare in the third session. Despite poor bowling, the pitch isn't doing a hell of a lot, which could open a gettable target to chase at the same time.

These conditions right now on the 4th day are perfect for the English seamers. Overcast dark clouds in the background.

Yeah conditions look tougher for batting today than the first few days where there was mostly bright sunshine and little cloud cover.

Quick, someone get either Zimbabwe or Bangladesh on a plane right now for the next Test so Latham can actually score some runs here

Australia's test openers haven't exactly set the world on fire in England in recent times either, Warner, Harris and Bancroft were all hopeless in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone with an affinity for our trans Tasman brethren fancies watching one of Robelinda’s best efforts, check out Cairnsy’s 102* vs South Africa at the Gabba. I just filled the last bit of the lunch break refreshing my memory

If anyone with an affinity for our trans Tasman brethren fancies watching one of Robelinda’s best efforts, check out Cairnsy’s 102* vs South Africa at the Gabba. I just filled the last bit of the lunch break refreshing my memory
jeez that game feels like yesterday. Remember NZ coming back from the dead to win in that chase, with Cairns playing a cameo.

A good steady partnership so far from Young and Conway, still a long way from getting us to a position of safety though.

I remember watching that innings live, he was one of the best hitters I've seen when he got going.

This innings he played in the 1999 World Cup against Australia was another ripper, he got hold of Warne a few times.

We've left ourselves in a precarious position after throwing away so many wickets yesterday, a lead of 238 won't be enough on a pitch that is still good for batting so we will need Mitchell and the tail to push our lead up to around 300 and hope that England throw away their wickets as badly as we did.

Back