England vs West Indies (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Indies have named their squad, with Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer and Keemo Paul pulling out.

Jason Holder (captain) (Barbados), Jermaine Blackwood (Jamaica), Nkrumah Bonner (Jamaica), Kraigg Brathwaite (Barbados), Shamarh Brooks (Barbados), John Campbell (Jamaica), Roston Chase (Barbados), Rahkeem Cornwall (Leeward Islands), Shane Dowrich (Barbados), Chemar Holder (Barbados), Shai Hope (Barbados), Alzarri Joseph (Leeward Islands), Raymon Reifer (Barbados), Kemar Roach (Barbados)

1st Test is from the 8th-12th July.

The West Indies have named their squad, with Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer and Keemo Paul pulling out.

Jason Holder (captain) (Barbados), Jermaine Blackwood (Jamaica), Nkrumah Bonner (Jamaica), Kraigg Brathwaite (Barbados), Shamarh Brooks (Barbados), John Campbell (Jamaica), Roston Chase (Barbados), Rahkeem Cornwall (Leeward Islands), Shane Dowrich (Barbados), Chemar Holder (Barbados), Shai Hope (Barbados), Alzarri Joseph (Leeward Islands), Raymon Reifer (Barbados), Kemar Roach (Barbados)

1st Test is from the 8th-12th July.

big outs - bravo is our best overseas batsman, Hetmeyer still hasn’t clicked in test cricket but I think it’s only a matter of time, and Paul’s style would be fairly suited to English conditions I reckon

big outs - bravo is our best overseas batsman, Hetmeyer still hasn’t clicked in test cricket but I think it’s only a matter of time, and Paul’s style would be fairly suited to English conditions I reckon
Why are they out?

Excited for some cricket, more excited than I have been since the Ashes. Just be happy to have some cricket on (never thought I'd feel that way again after the endless BBL and Aus mauling any attack short of the best at home).

I've been trying to find out from either Kayo or Fox Sports whether they are covering this series given it is not shown anywhere on their schedules.

I was on the Kayo chat help line this morning asking about it and they said they have heard no word about showing this series.

Given the cuts at Fox Sports and their reluctance to put any money or effort into sport outside the big 3 in Australia (AFL, NRL, Australian cricket) it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't tried to get the rights from the ECB.

There's been a few English summers in the past where Fox haven't worked out a deal to show the England tests until the last second after getting hammered online. I think there was a test series with Sri Lanka a couple of years ago which they didn't show as they didn't pay for the rights.

If people could start hammering their help lines asking about whether they are going to show it I think that could help ensure that they do. I could be being overly concerned and they'll add it to their schedule closer to the start date however better to start asking the questions now as I'm desperate to watch some cricket :D.

I've been trying to find out from either Kayo or Fox Sports whether they are covering this series given it is not shown anywhere on their schedules.

I was on the Kayo chat help line this morning asking about it and they said they have heard no word about showing this series.

Given the cuts at Fox Sports and their reluctance to put any money or effort into sport outside the big 3 in Australia (AFL, NRL, Australian cricket) it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't tried to get the rights from the ECB.

There's been a few English summers in the past where Fox haven't worked out a deal to show the England tests until the last second after getting hammered online. I think there was a test series with Sri Lanka a couple of years ago which they didn't show as they didn't pay for the rights.

If people could start hammering their help lines asking about whether they are going to show it I think that could help ensure that they do. I could be being overly concerned and they'll add it to their schedule closer to the start date however better to start asking the questions now as I'm desperate to watch some cricket :D.
Confirmed as not being shown on Fox Sports or Kayo :mad::mad::mad::mad:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the Windies pick both Chase and Cornwall? Does Holder bat in the top 6?

I'd like to see them go with:

Brathwaite
Campbell
Brooks
Hope
Chase
Holder
Dowrich
Cornwall
Roach
Joseph
Gabriel

6 bowling options would be handy considering Gabriel's an injury chance, but given the batting's their weakness they may have to not pick Cornwall and strengthen the batting, even though Cornwall's handy enough. Maybe Reifer instead of Joseph as a point of difference.

Last edited:
Geez it'll be good to have Test cricket back. I don't want to hear anyone say that a seires or tournament is too long ever again. Give me a 9 month World Cup, give me a 5 test series between Afghanistan and Sri Lanka I don't care just don't take cricket away again :D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back