England vs West Indies (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawley has looked excellent. Had a rant to a friend earlier about him not looking ready, has made me look stupid so far

Crawley has looked excellent. Had a rant to a friend earlier about him not looking ready, has made me look stupid so far
What hurts Crawley is England’s lack of experience. It’s hard to carry Pope and Crawley in a test side as you can’t rely on either of them. Future of English batting looks strong though

What hurts Crawley is England’s lack of experience. It’s hard to carry Pope and Crawley in a test side as you can’t rely on either of them. Future of English batting looks strong though

I think Pope is definitely ready, if I was an English fan I'd certainly be wanting to see Crawley at Kent for another season at least. He really does look promising, but I don't think he is quite there yet. I'd be worried about his confidences if/when he ends up in a slump

I think Pope is definitely ready, if I was an English fan I'd certainly be wanting to see Crawley at Kent for another season at least. He really does look promising, but I don't think he is quite there yet. I'd be worried about his confidences if/when he ends up in a slump
Pope has more runs of the board no pun intended in FC and test cricket but is still establishing himself as a player at test level. 100% he should be persisted with and I thought he should of played in the Ashes last year. Just makes it hard having two batsmen trying to establish themselves. That said Crawley has to Denly

Tantalising spot for my boys.
Though he’s about as reliable as a screen door on a submarine a player like Blackwood becomes important in a situation like this. He could theoretically knock off a third of the likely target in an hour or so.
Come on boys, don’t stuff this up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sibley punishing himself for something with that technique?

Someone in this thread before asked about ugliest batsmen to watch but I think Sibley is way uglier than Burns

latham
Warner
Smith
Kohli
Williamson
Stokes
De Kock
Holder
Cummins
Lyon
Rabada

lot of spots very hard to pick at the moment though and venue would be a big factor particularly for warner
On 2019 form I would go

Williamson
Labuschange
Kohli
Smith
Azam
Stokes
De Kock
Holder
Cummins
Wagner
Lyon

Now none of the openers inspire great confidence in me Latham would be the best in the world at the moment. Warner needs away runs.

Last edited:
Is Sibley punishing himself for something with that technique?

Someone in this thread before asked about ugliest batsmen to watch but I think Sibley is way uglier than Burns

If you’re referring to the open stance it’s a method implemented by freelance coach Gary Palmer, who has worked with Sibley, Alistair Cook and Shan Masood amongst others. Not very aesthetic but helps with balance and head position.

If you’re referring to the open stance it’s a method implemented by freelance coach Gary Palmer, who has worked with Sibley, Alistair Cook and Shan Masood amongst others. Not very aesthetic but helps with balance and head position.

cook could score runs through the offside though - sibley had 3 scoring shots on the offside in his 50

Seems like an exercise in self chastisation.

I see the resemblance to Cook but he seems like a broken, more disjointed version of Cook with a far worse bat plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back