England's Tour of Bangladesh

Remove this Banner Ad

He t
You would imagine that Ben Stokes would have got man of the match for that performance

*4 wickets in 1st innings
*85 in 2nd innings
* last 2 wickets in 2nd innings

I don't know about you guys but he has to be the best all rounder in the world at the moment.
ore south africa apart with that blistering was it 250 runs or something , on a spinners paradise he handled their bowling when almost all others failed twice , if he has added reverse swing to his bow yes he probably is the best all rounder . Since that 250 knock in South Africa he has had some horrible injuries . Imagine if he was fully fully fit . wow

Should Aaron Finch be in our Test side?

He's just as good as Buttler in limited overs and has a better FC record.
That depends, does LP need to lift his post count? :D

Should Aaron Finch be in our Test side?

He's just as good as Buttler in limited overs and has a better FC record.
Butler is also a better Keeper than Bairstowe who is a Batsman in his own right . Ballance has had chance after chance and fails whereas Butler wins half the Odi and t 20 off his own bat . Definitely deserves many a chance . Finch couldnt carry Butlers water bottle for mine

Butler is also a better Keeper than Bairstowe who is a Batsman in his own right . Ballance has had chance after chance and fails whereas Butler wins half the Odi and t 20 off his own bat . Definitely deserves many a chance . Finch couldnt carry Butlers water bottle for mine
Their records suggest they are on a pretty similar level. Buttler was dropped from the Test side for lack of runs. What has changed since then? Has his FC form picked up? I wouldn't have the foggiest.

Trying Buttler as a middle order bat has to be worth a try...
I think he got bogged down with the keeper role and if he is freed of that in tests , he would do better.

Trying Buttler as a middle order bat has to be worth a try...
I think he got bogged down with the keeper role and if he is freed of that in tests , he would do better.
His FC average of 32 is well below his capabilities.

Or maybe he just doesn't have the capacity to succeed in the longer form.

Bairstowe having sensational batting form is holding Butler out . Englands top order is a problem so move Bairstowe up the order and give Butler a go They can even share the gloves in a test match and stay fresh .

I just thought it was worth a try because Ballance is just another Graeme Hick who milks weak attacks..
Maybe Duckett could move down the order.

and we have a nice partnership going here..
recovered from 144-8 to post a lead .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can cut a teenager some slack in his first series. He probably doesn't quite understand what he's doing there.
He's 22 yeah? Come on mate, let me kick an Englishman when he's down please. :p

Watch him smash a matchwinning 100 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back