Toast English Class is in. Welcome to the Dogs Tim English Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim English is from Pingelly. It is a famous football town in Australia's history. I have been there several times and have a few friends living there.

The Winmar family is from Pingelly and it is associated with many other famous names such as Jetta, Hill, Sampi, Abraham, Kickett, Bennell, Narkle and Collard.

A nice and neat little town but I wouldn't say that it was a place that you got homesick from.

AFL draft prospect Tim English bulks up after lean All-Stars

Dale Miller - The West Australian on November 24, 2016, 8:37 am

Highly rated WA ruck prospect Tim English has embarked on an intensive gym program to add muscle to his 204cm frame in a bid to make his AFL debut next year.

The 19-year-old revealed that a quiet performance in the All-Stars exhibition match at Punt Road on grand final eve had motivated him to spend the past two months improving his strength to get a head start on his first AFL pre-season.

Rated the best young ruckman available in tomorrow’s national draft, English has bolstered his frame to almost 92kg after starting this year’s under-18 championships at 84kg.

“I set a goal that firstly I wanted to get above 90kg before the draft,” he said.

“I’ve achieved that. I’m pretty happy with it, but I still have a lot to go in terms of physicality. It was my biggest weakness.

5836384ca3bc2_b88307427z.1_20161124083820_000_grap5ag5.4_1.jpg

“I joined a gym in Subiaco. I’ve tried to go at least five to six days a week and I think that’s really helped me. I’ve been doing it since that All-Stars game. I played a bad game there, so I thought I better do something.

“That impression stays in people’s minds because it’s the last game they would have seen. I was pretty frustrated with that game.”

The South Fremantle tall said he didn’t want to settle for being purely a development player.

“One thing you’ve got to do is push yourself to reach goals and set them quite high,” English said. “If I can get that more muscular build, I think I would be able to push into a squad.

“I’ve been told quite a few times as a ruckman I would be a development player who could take two, three or even four years. If I could get a game next year, that’s something I’d be pushing for.”

Tipped as a potential selection by Fremantle at pick No.7, English said he would be “stoked” if taken by the Dockers, but would be happy to get on an AFL list anywhere in the country.

The Pingelly product has firmed as a top-10 selection after averaging 17 disposals this year for South Fremantle’s reserves and earning under-18 All-Australian honours.

He seems so focussed and professional. I feel like he'll fit in well. He might not play seniors next year but he'll have the right attitude by the look of it.

After watching some vision the kid is so clean with his hands and very very quick for his size. Exciting once he really bulks up and gets used to the speed of the afl game. The pick I'm most excited about this year by a long way.

Lipinski should play next year. young could be a gun.

Fergus the only real smokey

Maybe not, but it'll happen.

You will try for English and Adams

Not sure what the future will hold but regardless I hope he does well for you anyway.
I've always liked your club and I always hope WA boys do well wherever they go.
Except Eagles, * those guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

How did you rate your draft?

At first I wasn't too enthused by Logue, but I'm coming around to it.
Darcy looks like a beast but I don't know enough to judge.
I heard good things about Cox and Ryan, so I'm relatively optimistic about the picks.
Even though I said I know nothing about Darcy, I got a feeling he'll be the best of the lot.
You guys happy with your draft?

At first I wasn't too enthused by Logue, but I'm coming around to it.
Darcy looks like a beast but I don't know enough to judge.
I heard good things about Cox and Ryan, so I'm relatively optimistic about the picks.
Even though I said I know nothing about Darcy, I got a feeling he'll be the best of the lot.
You guys happy with your draft?

Ryan apparently has off field issues

Logue will be your best by the Flemington straight

Ryan apparently has off field issues

Logue will be your best by the Flemington straight

Ah, interesting.
Cheers for that information.
Last guy we passed on that had off field issues was Jack Darling, and even though the guys a diver and fails in big games, I'd obviously still rather him over Jayden Pitt.
Hopefully the issues are minor.
For me, Logue will be solid but I don't see him having that big of an upside. Has got a great attitude though.

Ah, interesting.
Cheers for that information.
Last guy we passed on that had off field issues was Jack Darling, and even though the guys a diver and fails in big games, I'd obviously still rather him over Jayden Pitt.
Hopefully the issues are minor.
For me, Logue will be solid but I don't see him having that big of an upside. Has got a great attitude though.

Dogs were very keen on Ryan for either 18 or 26 but stayed clear for whatever those issues are

AFL draft prospect Tim English bulks up after lean All-Stars

Dale Miller - The West Australian on November 24, 2016, 8:37 am

Highly rated WA ruck prospect Tim English has embarked on an intensive gym program to add muscle to his 204cm frame in a bid to make his AFL debut next year.

The 19-year-old revealed that a quiet performance in the All-Stars exhibition match at Punt Road on grand final eve had motivated him to spend the past two months improving his strength to get a head start on his first AFL pre-season.

Rated the best young ruckman available in tomorrow’s national draft, English has bolstered his frame to almost 92kg after starting this year’s under-18 championships at 84kg.

“I set a goal that firstly I wanted to get above 90kg before the draft,” he said.

“I’ve achieved that. I’m pretty happy with it, but I still have a lot to go in terms of physicality. It was my biggest weakness.

5836384ca3bc2_b88307427z.1_20161124083820_000_grap5ag5.4_1.jpg

“I joined a gym in Subiaco. I’ve tried to go at least five to six days a week and I think that’s really helped me. I’ve been doing it since that All-Stars game. I played a bad game there, so I thought I better do something.

“That impression stays in people’s minds because it’s the last game they would have seen. I was pretty frustrated with that game.”

The South Fremantle tall said he didn’t want to settle for being purely a development player.

“One thing you’ve got to do is push yourself to reach goals and set them quite high,” English said. “If I can get that more muscular build, I think I would be able to push into a squad.

“I’ve been told quite a few times as a ruckman I would be a development player who could take two, three or even four years. If I could get a game next year, that’s something I’d be pushing for.”

Tipped as a potential selection by Fremantle at pick No.7, English said he would be “stoked” if taken by the Dockers, but would be happy to get on an AFL list anywhere in the country.

The Pingelly product has firmed as a top-10 selection after averaging 17 disposals this year for South Fremantle’s reserves and earning under-18 All-Australian honours.
Great he's so committed to improving himself. Our fitness and conditioning staff will make sure he does it the right way.

What a long neck this boy has.

They haven't targeted us recently.. your mob has

To be fair on Fremantle, they didn't * us like Bains and Norfs list manager did (whoever that drop kick is).

Best trade we got was for Hamling

Anyway it doesn't sound like Pingelly has the same go home factor. English should be a 10-12 year player!

Wasn't overly keen at the start but I really like him now. Considering how good his hands are at ground level you'd think the only thing holding back his marking is his size and strength and if he adds that to his game he will be a gun. Absolutely perfect for the way we want to play too! Gonna be fun watching him develop!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back