Toast English Class is in. Welcome to the Dogs Tim English Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

We have on our hand potentially the best ruckman in the comp in a few years, he is added to Boyd who will not only become the best Forward in the comp but our best player.

then we have again potentially the best player in the comp in the Bont, with Collins one of the best 1 on 1 defenders at U/18s level

all 21 and under, no other club can say that about their 21 and under key backman, key Forward, ruckman and number 1 midfielder. Some may have 2-3 but i cant think of any club that has it in all 4 areas.

We have on our hand potentially the best ruckman in the comp in a few years, he is added to Boyd who will not only become the best Forward in the comp but our best player.

then we have again potentially the best player in the comp in the Bont, with Collins one of the best 1 on 1 defenders at U/18s level

all 21 and under, no other club can say that about their 21 and under key backman, key Forward, ruckman and number 1 midfielder. Some may have 2-3 but i cant think of any club that has it in all 4 areas.
If Richmond had Max Gawn then they'd have claims to that albeit all over 21yo

Look to where it's got them though, zilch

Good depth = champion team

Team of champions = do nothing

If Richmond had Max Gawn then they'd have claims to that albeit all over 21yo

Look to where it's got them though, zilch

Good depth = champion team

Team of champions = do nothing
but those 4 key pillers with the depth around them that we have from the 2014-16 draft is great

Sounds like the sort of thing a Carlton supporter would say while frothing over Cripps, Weitering and every ex-GWS top 10 pick under the sun. These guys aren't four key pillars- they're just members of the team (except Bont, he's a pillar and a half).

It's how he fits into the team structure that counts. I'm sure that's why he was picked. Carlton have a recent history of recruiting star players and high picks but where has it got them? Unless Bolton develops a team style and guys who can to a system having all these high picks is not going to help them

Those two short arses on the right are both key position players who spent time in the ruck this year

CyZ_bedUoAAQg6r.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English is a dead ringer for 'Gentleman' John Shultz.
Our Brownlow medalist from 1960.
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Let's hope he can play as well as John.

Are we trading Bont?
Boyd cannot be our best player because Bont will be the best player in the AFL.

Last edited:
Are we trading Bont?
Boyd cannot be our best player because Bont will be the best pkayer in the AFL.
just come back and see when both players are 23-25, boyd will close the gap very quickly imo and could be dominating the comp in a few years time.

big boys take a bit of time.

fair to say who cares who will be better as we have both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back