shim.gif
15:00 Newcastle United v Southampton St. James' Park
shim.gif
15:00 Norwich City v Crystal Palace Carrow Road
shim.gif
15:00 Stoke City v Liverpool Britannia Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City The Hawthorns

One of three leagues that I follow big time.

First game I saw on TV was the 1973 FA Cup. Picked Sunderland and stuck with them ever since. Yep, it;s been a horrible ride!

Who do you follow and why?

Good old Norwich city... too good for second division not good enough for EPL.

Newcastle because they wear black and white.

When I moved to a northern suburbs primary school and my support for Port was instantly dismissed I had to nominate an English team. I offered Leeds as I'd seen them win an FA Cup but that was instantly ridiculed. One of my classmates broke out a copy of Shoot magazine and Newcastle happened to be the featured pin up team of the week. My fate was sealed. 40 odd years of winning nothing starting with a 3-0 belting from Liverpool in the 1974 FA Cup.

Newcastle because they wear black and white.

When I moved to a northern suburbs primary school and my support for Port was instantly dismissed I had to nominate an English team. I offered Leeds as I'd seen them win an FA Cup but that was instantly ridiculed. One of my classmates broke out a copy of Shoot magazine and Newcastle happened to be the featured pin up team of the week. My fate was sealed. 40 odd years of winning nothing starting with a 3-0 belting from Liverpool in the 1974 FA Cup.
I share your pain Ford.

Great to see you back contributing werner

As you would well know I have no allegiance in this league but do follow it. Unfortunately gone are the days when this was a league that more than 6 teams can win.

I should follow Norwich, Australian colours and my wife's family hails from there.

May have to start up a Championship thread but there was little contribution throughout last season.

Good luck to your boys.

Don't really follow anyone but if Newcastle are playing then I will want them to win. Reason, I was born in Heddon-on-the-wall which is near Newcastle-upon-Tyne. I actually had a bit of a Geordie accent till I turned 14. Although I could never notice it my schoolmates and some of my parents friends mentioned it at times.

I like Sunderland, but I'm a casual soccer viewer, so Liverpool is my 2nd (ie, team that at least wins semi regularly) side.

I'm a Man City fan...

But I started following back in 1999 on the back off scores in the Newspaper when they were fighting there way back to the EPL ...

Am heading to Melbourne this weekend

Kick off August 8

Sunday 9 August 2015
shim.gif
15:00 Arsenal v West Ham United Emirates Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Bournemouth v Aston Villa Goldsands Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Chelsea v Swansea City Stamford Bridge
shim.gif
15:00 Everton v Watford Goodison Park
shim.gif
15:00 Leicester City v Sunderland King Power Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur Old Trafford
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

First game I saw on TV was the 1973 FA Cup. Picked Sunderland and stuck with them ever since. Yep, it;s been a horrible ride!

wow a fellow sunderland fan, haway the lads, I started following the black cats in early 2000 when they got elevated to the premier league. I never followed soccer and a mate got me into it so I decided to choose them as they had just made it into the bigtime. What a frustrating 15 odd years of following them it has been. I think they have gone through almost one coach per season, any decent players leave and we always battle to stay up, nevertheless they are my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow a fellow sunderland fan, haway the lads, I started following the black cats in early 2000 when they got elevated to the premier league. I never followed soccer and a mate got me into it so I decided to choose them as they had just made it into the bigtime. What a frustrating 15 odd years of following them it has been. I think they have gone through almost one coach per season, any decent players leave and we always battle to stay up, nevertheless they are my team.

:D

Kick off August 8

Sunday 9 August 2015
shim.gif
15:00 Arsenal v West Ham United Emirates Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Bournemouth v Aston Villa Goldsands Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Chelsea v Swansea City Stamford Bridge
shim.gif
15:00 Everton v Watford Goodison Park
shim.gif
15:00 Leicester City v Sunderland King Power Stadium
shim.gif
15:00 Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur Old Trafford
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

Can hardly wait... :D although the week 1 fixtures don't look that great.

LFC for me. This is from my last trip to England (Carling Cup Final 2012 vs Cardiff): click

Very much looking forward to the new season. LFC have added some good players to the squad, but so have all of their rivals. It won't be easy but I'm always optimistic in August. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back