Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Pleased with it, had our chances but so many injuries so 1-1 will do me just fine. Still in our hands (basically, think Arsenal will obviously drop points in the last 10 games).

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah makes it all about the last ten games. Even if we can beat Man City I still think we’ll drop points elsewhere, but so will Liverpool and Man City. My tip is Liverpool treble at this point, given it would be a great story all round. (Though obviously an EL treble isn’t quite the same as CL.)

This Ortega bloke coming on for Ederson looks like a park footballer what an obese campaigner: reckon Pep will lose his mind imo
They aren't as dominant as they used to be imo. Gettable this year for sure. Wonder if Arsenal bottle it again from here.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
They aren't as dominant as they used to be imo. Gettable this year for sure. Wonder if Arsenal bottle it again from here.

Agree. Not as clinical and they aren’t putting sides to the sword and are dropping points. But they’re still unbeaten in about 20 matches. I’m predicting City to draw against Arsenal which will suit Liverpool just fine. I still think City are the most likely to compete with us in the final 10 matches though so I’m not against an Arsenal victory, as I think the Gunners have peaked a little early and are more likely to drop points towards the end of the season. Liverpool should have close to a full squad come April/May minus longterm injuries to Thiago and Matip (unless and more injuries come about). Liverpool in the box seat.

Agree. Not as clinical and they aren’t putting sides to the sword and are dropping points. But they’re still unbeaten in about 20 matches. I’m predicting City to draw against Arsenal which will suit Liverpool just fine. I still think City are the most likely to compete with us in the final 10 matches though so I’m not against an Arsenal victory, as I think the Gunners have peaked a little early and are more likely to drop points towards the end of the season. Liverpool should have close to a full squad come April/May minus longterm injuries to Thiago and Matip (unless and more injuries come about). Liverpool in the box seat.
Yeah think it'll be us and City going for the title. I'm glad that we smacked up Prague last week, gives us a great opportunity to rest the squad for a big FA Cup game v United, and then go again in the league.

Extremely impressed with the talent and composure coming through in the academy too, those boys have slotted in like 10 year vets. Thought City would knock us around a bit with the squad we went out there with yesterday but credit to them they held their own, gives me a lot more confidence for a title run now.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
IMG_3004.jpeg

All three league leaders play Spurs, Villa, Wolves and Brighton. They’re all tricky assignments especially Spurs who will go on a CL qualification run no doubt. This just makes the City v Gunners game even bigger. The repercussions of City losing are huge, as they will fall 4 points behind Arsenal and likely Pool. This is why I can’t see them losing, especially at home. A fascinating game, go the draw. Heading into the last four matches Liverpool should be leading the league imo but their last month is tricky. Back to back matches against Spurs and Villa away, yuck.

View attachment 1925512

All three league leaders play Spurs, Villa, Wolves and Brighton. They’re all tricky assignments especially Spurs who will go on a CL qualification run no doubt. This just makes the City v Gunners game even bigger. The repercussions of City losing are huge, as they will fall 4 points behind Arsenal and likely Pool. This is why I can’t see them losing, especially at home. A fascinating game, go the draw. Heading into the last four matches Liverpool should be leading the league imo but their last month is tricky. Back to back matches against Spurs and Villa away, yuck.
There's also a bit of added incentive for Arsenal and us...Arsenal looking for their first title in yonks and we're hoping to send Klopp off in style. Could make movies on the season we've had if we manage to win the title this year. A draw in Arsenal v City would leave the title pretty much in our hands if we won the remaining games.

BucketsandBanger

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You guys predicting Arsenal to 'bottle' anything in the run are going to be waiting a while. Vastly superior team to last year in every way, leading the premier league in just about every statistical measure including the top 6 mini league. Have a lot of talent and depth returning to the squad at the right time (Partey, Jesus, Zinchenko etc.) I understand that until we actually do it we will be doubted but this team is primed right now.

Don't know if we will be good enough to finish in front of Liverpool or City at the end of the day but one thing I am supremely confident in is we will go the distance and be there at the end. Liverpool fans hoping for an Arsenal win against City because you just assume we will drop away are very misguided IMO.

You guys predicting Arsenal to 'bottle' anything in the run are going to be waiting a while. Vastly superior team to last year in every way, leading the premier league in just about every statistical measure including the top 6 mini league. Have a lot of talent and depth returning to the squad at the right time (Partey, Jesus, Zinchenko etc.) I understand that until we actually do it we will be doubted but this team is primed right now.

Don't know if we will be good enough to finish in front of Liverpool or City at the end of the day but one thing I am supremely confident in is we will go the distance and be there at the end. Liverpool fans hoping for an Arsenal win against City because you just assume we will drop away are very misguided IMO.
Seen too much of St.Kilda so I won't believe it until I see it lol

Back