Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Man U v Bournemouth , 2 -1 highlights

A much better game than the horrible Spurs v Wolves one . Lots of chances for both sides although I think Man U deserved to get the late winner.
Go Saints

Last edited:

You do good work BT. Tis all appreciated!

It would be remiss of me not to mention Manchester United's stunning victory
over Juventus yesterday in Italy coming from behind once again scoring twice in
the last 5 mins! :)

Boys starting to get that Mojo back and whomever we play, we are always a threat
even with this team that pales into comparisons with other more successful United Sides!

Huge game on the weekend, away to City who are flying at the moment!
Won't be easy by any means, but now Jose has got them believing again
anything is possible! We beat them on their own patch last year!
Given our point disparity with them already this year, avoiding defeat at the minimum is crucial!

You do good work BT. Tis all appreciated!

It would be remiss of me not to mention Manchester United's stunning victory
over Juventus yesterday in Italy coming from behind once again scoring twice in
the last 5 mins! :)

Boys starting to get that Mojo back and whomever we play, we are always a threat
even with this team that pales into comparisons with other more successful United Sides!

Huge game on the weekend, away to City who are flying at the moment!
Won't be easy by any means, but now Jose has got them believing again
anything is possible! We beat them on their own patch last year!
Given our point disparity with them already this year, avoiding defeat at the minimum is crucial!
Yes, it was a superb win away at Juventus, and it leaves qualification wide open. The derby at the weekend is giving me sleepless nights; City are playing brilliant football just now. It will be interesting to see whether we go all out defence or try to take the game to them. Knowing Mourinho, I would say the former, but I'm not sure it would be wise: inviting City on is very dangerous. I'm hoping he'll be brave and goes for it; attack as best form of defence. If we lose, lose the United way.

Yes, it was a superb win away at Juventus, and it leaves qualification wide open. The derby at the weekend is giving me sleepless nights; City are playing brilliant football just now. It will be interesting to see whether we go all out defence or try to take the game to them. Knowing Mourinho, I would say the former, but I'm not sure it would be wise: inviting City on is very dangerous. I'm hoping he'll be brave and goes for it; attack as best form of defence. If we lose, lose the United way.
Couldn't agree more!
Jose only needs to look at the same fixture last year as a reference.
Ultra defensive in 1st half 2 nil down at HT and it should have been more!
Had no choice but to take em on in the 2nd half and we miraculously scored 3 to get up!
Plus i doubt City have had many teams try to take them on of late, the best from of defence is offence they say!

As the Old Trafford faithful have been known to chant last couple of years
Attack...Attack....Attack!

Liverpool team news for this week.
Jürgen Klopp confirmed during his pre-match press conference on Friday that Jordan Henderson, Naby Keita and Joe Gomez are all available and in contention for the showdown with the Cottagers.

"It's good to have them back, it's probably the first time that all midfield players apart from Ox are available," said Klopp.

Dejan Lovren is an option too having recovered from the bout of illness that ruled him out of the midweek defeat in Belgrade to Red Star.

"That’s another thing to do, making decisions, who starts with who, stuff like that,” Klopp added when discussing how Liverpool are likely to shape up. “It’s all about then fitness level, form, shape, whatever and then we will see."

Go Saints

Liverpool beat Fulham 2-0

Patience was the order of the day in a first period that the Reds controlled without reward until four minutes prior to the break, when Salah raced onto Trent Alexander-Arnold’s fine pass down the line and dispatched an ice-cool finish beyond Sergio Rico.

Jürgen Klopp’s side only had to wait eight minutes after the interval to extend their lead through Shaqiri, who expertly volleyed Andy Robertson’s pinpoint, deep cross into the Kop-end net.

Victory took Liverpool, who remain unbeaten after 12 Premier League games this season, top of the table ahead of Chelsea and Manchester City’s matches later on Sunday.

Highlights

Go Saints

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The goals from this weekend's games.

Watching the highlights I am very impressed with the standard of goal keeping in the premier league at the moment. There are some great saves from what looked like certain goals in almost every game.
Go Saints

Last edited:
Outclassed, no complaints. I'm drunk now and hoping for better days ahead. These are hard times, but at least it's only a game.
'' It's only a game ''
WTF? That's the kind of talk that suggests your a well balanced human being!

Take a look at yourself man. that sorta s**t don't fly around here mate! ;)

Fulham have sacked manager Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, who guided Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016.
Jokanovic makes way with the Cottagers sitting bottom of the Premier League table with five points from 12 matches.
Italian Ranieri, 67, has been given a "multi-year" contract by the Londoners.
"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option," said Fulham chairman Shahid Khan.

Go Saints

If anyone wants a copy of the new Steven Gerard documentary ' Make Us Proud' pm me and give your name and address and I'll post it on Monday. I've just watched it and it's really good. I didn't realise how close he was to moving to Chelsea twice during his career. His dislike of manager Rafael Benitez nearly cost Liverpool their captain. There is some great footage of Steven as a young boy starring in the side he was playing for. He was a Liverpool fan all his life too.

Go Saints

Finally back to the good stuff, although after the derby last week I don't know why I'm looking forward to this. Think United will get the job done 3-1.

Did anyone hear Mourinho's comments about the 'immaturity' of Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Shaw? Genuinely baffling.

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Leicester City

Everton 1-0 Cardiff City

Fulham 3-2 Southampton

Manchester United 0-0 Crystal Palace

Watford 0-3 Liverpool

West Ham United 0-4 Manchester City

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Chelsea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back