Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are highlights from all last night's games.

Absolute shocker of a decision for off side given by the linesman that cost Arsenal a goal. Looks like he got it totally wrong but that's football I guess.

Go Saints

If you watch the goals by Salah for Liverpool , his second goal I think , a defender tries to foul him to stop him scoring, a Neymar type player would have gone down for a penalty, but Salah continued on and ended up scoring. It’s really the South American players who are ruining the game in my view .

Go Saints

If you watch the goals by Salah for Liverpool , his second goal I think , a defender tries to foul him to stop him scoring, a Neymar type player would have gone down for a penalty, but Salah continued on and ended up scoring. It’s really the South American players who are ruining the game in my view .

Go Saints
And the refs for not enforcing the rules

Well it was for the first 84 minutes.....
I’ve not read any reviews.
Did Barca turn up, or did they gift it to us?

It wasn’t their best starting 11 but it was a great game. They hit the post a couple of times and we could have had a penalty or two.

Messi came on late but didn’t have any influence.

It wasn’t their best starting 11 but it was a great game. They hit the post a couple of times and we could have had a penalty or two.

Messi came on late but didn’t have any influence.
What happens now with the “Sweet Sixteen”?
(Apologies for dragging that from the NCAA March Madness Basketball).
Is there a draw?
Seedings?

Liverpool have snuck through to the last 16 in the champions league after beating Napoli 1-0 at Anfield overnight. Of course Salah scored the winning goal.

Go Saints

Last edited:
Is there a draw?
Seedings?

I think the draw is next week.

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a draw?
Seedings?

As a runner up, we will play a group winner. I think the draw is done one round at a time.

Huge weekend for Merseyside and Manchester.
Man City vs Everton and Man U vs Liverpool.
These results might be huge for the championship.

Obviously two Merseyside wins would be huge for Liverpool.
But then again two Manchester wins would be huge for City as well as important for United as well.

Go Saints

Huge weekend for Merseyside and Manchester.
Man City vs Everton and Man U vs Liverpool.
These results might be huge for the championship.

Obviously two Merseyside wins would be huge for Liverpool.
But then again two Manchester wins would be huge for City as well as important for United as well.

Go Saints
Stuff City! Hope they lose
As for United's visit to Anfield, I do not have a good feeling about this
At all. Esp with United apparently having 9 so called first team players out
Still it's the kind of fixture where nothing should ever be taken for granted.
And it's got Mourinho backs to the wall job written all over it!

So yeah beware Scousers! :p

Stuff City! Hope they lose
As for United's visit to Anfield, I do not have a good feeling about this
At all. Esp with United apparently having 9 so called first team players out
Still it's the kind of fixture where nothing should ever be taken for granted.
And it's got Mourinho backs to the wall job written all over it!

So yeah beware Scousers! :p

You never know which United team is going to turn up this year. They have had some great wins playing attacking football but they have had some shockers as well where they looked like they were in a battle against relagation.

Go Saints

You never know which United team is going to turn up this year. They have had some great wins playing attacking football but they have had some shockers as well where they looked like they were in a battle against relagation.

Go Saints
Ironically we are now suffering from what used to plague your mob!

Too many Prima-donnas! :(

Ironically we are now suffering from what used to plague your mob!

Too many Prima-donnas! :(

To be honest I haven't been that impressed with the players you have recruited over the last couple seasons. I guess I'm used to Man U signing great players but the ones recently have been the next level down which is unusual for Man U.

Go Saints

To be honest I haven't been that impressed with the players you have recruited over the last couple seasons. I guess I'm used to Man U signing great players but the ones recently have been the next level down which is unusual for Man U.

Pogba was world class when signed, just hasn't quite turned out like that.

Pogba was world class when signed, just hasn't quite turned out like that.
with no offence intended to mightymalaka and MUFKilda, whose contributions I really enjoy, I think the problem is Mourinho. I think he’s all wrong for Manu. Both Liverpool and United are at their best when they take the game on and play attacking, attractive football. Mourinho is the antithesis of this and produces a tight, defensive and often cynical brand of football. Then there’s the repeated pattern of the wheels falling off in the third year of Mou’s tenure. He turns on players, ridiculing them in public and causes division, with the unfortunate club then turning on itself.
I’ve got no doubt United will rise again but I’m fairly sure it won’t be while Mou is in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back