Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the feeling like over there? I heard that some Utd fans are hoping to rest players for the derby to ensure Liverpool don't win the league. It's crazy to hear, given Utd should be worrying about a CL place.

No United fan wants Liverpool to win the league. However, we can't be worrying about that; Arsenal let us of the hook yesterday, so we need to beat City to have a chance of a top four finish. I don't think we will, but we need to give it our all.

If I didn’t know better, I’d say that the game is BENT! I simply could not believe how S-house Everton’s ( ahem ) “efforts” were just a week ago in losing 2-0 to Fulham.... a side already relegated for God’s sake!
And then? They dismantle Manchester United! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED watching every minute of it..... BUT some of the United players were “less than committed” That’s the most charitable way I could describe the manner in which they capitulated. The pain could be seen on the faces of those supporters who travelled to “The Holy Ground” and were served up THAT! I’ve no doubt whatsoever, that the United Owners and Ole will sort out the dead wood in the off season.
COYB!
[ don’t get to say that too often ! ]

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
With Saints and Toffees recording great wins it was a fantastic Easter!

This has been a great season of EPL , so many surprises and the champions league spots going right down to the wire , and of course the battle between Liverpool and Man City.

Don’t Panic !!

Oh god I can't do this. I'm not hanging on the result of this match, I'll cross my fingers and check the score at full time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool not a chance now unfortunately City just too good for Man U - disappointed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve learned over more years that I care to remember, that you NEVER write Liverpool off. It’s still there to be won. Burnley away is no easy trip..... although having said that, I’ve a feeling that Newcastle away could be an awkward one for the Reds. A brilliant EPL title race! Kudos to BOTH clubs

Liverpool need to spend another $100mil to compete with city - those 7 draws haven’t helped either

Money spent doesn’t always equate with winning the title. Leicester proved that it wasn’t SIMPLY money that won them the title. One only has to go back to 2015 to see how a title can be surrendered..... losing what would have been the “clincher” at Fortress Anfield to Chelski, then surrendering a 3-goal lead at Selhurst Park Days later..... money alone isn’t always the answer........ just ask United fans. It ain’t over yet (in my humble opinion) these 3 upcoming games can yet determine the destination of the title.... City have chalked up 11 wins on the bounce..... that could be undone with ONE drawn game. Same with Liverpool, only one loss ALL season....Newcastle away could be awkward. A fascinating title race. Well done BOTH clubs!

Money spent doesn’t always equate with winning the title. Leicester proved that it wasn’t SIMPLY money that won them the title. One only has to go back to 2015 to see how a title can be surrendered..... losing what would have been the “clincher” at Fortress Anfield to Chelski, then surrendering a 3-goal lead at Selhurst Park Days later..... money alone isn’t always the answer........ just ask United fans. It ain’t over yet (in my humble opinion) these 3 upcoming games can yet determine the destination of the title.... City have chalked up 11 wins on the bounce..... that could be undone with ONE drawn game. Same with Liverpool, only one loss ALL season....Newcastle away could be awkward. A fascinating title race. Well done BOTH clubs!

For city tomjave someone the quality on Sane come on and turn the game is a luxury Liverpool do not currently have . The money they have in players sitting on the bench is like no other .

I have to say, even though Liverpool may just miss out on the title once again, it's been an awesome season! So many great games, the first time in a long time that I have actually NOT wanted us to buy any new players!
I’m still hoping we can nudge ahead of City but won’t complain if we don’t. Both teams have been brilliant really.
I think we are likely to pick up another forward to rotate through the front three but we doesn’t have the urgent need of past seasons.
With some luck we might see the saints in a similar position in the next couple of seasons.

Just saw Spurs lost now to West Ham.

It's amazing to look at the table and see Spurs, who are in 3rd place, with 12 losses compared to Liverpool with just the single loss.

If Liverpool finish 2nd only having lost once (to City away in what was an incredibly tight 50/50 match the whole way) it would be ridiculous.

As a City fan, am worried about Burnley tomorrow, they've looked half decent recently and there\s no doubt going to be nerves tomorrow, anything could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back