Remove this Banner Ad

The Greatest of Anfield Nights.

D5_oj3LX4AAP7_P.jpg:large

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont think they will play , maybe if we were level or leading after first game , but cant see us coming back from 3-0 down against Barca . Just stopping them scoring is hard enough with their talent up forward .

Don’t Panic !!

Never, ever write off Liverpool. I often wish that the self-belief and never-say-die attitude shown by LFC could be replicated at St Kilda Footy club.......... I get dismayed at the amounts of Sainters who are anticipating defeat before a ball has even been bounced When I articulate something positive ( as I see it ) on another certain fan forum, I get scoffed at and scorned as being “unrealistic” at best, or downright “delusional” or referred to somewhat sarcastically as a “Blue Sky-er”........... I guess it’s a good job that those Kopites and LFC players didn’t fall for the trap of thinking “realistically”

Im still in shock , i didnt expect that result at all. Havent been able to say anything until the excitement calmed down . Having trouble putting words together that explain what the win meant . Wow.

Don’t Panic !!

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im still in shock , i didnt expect that result at all. Havent been able to say anything until the excitement calmed down . Having trouble putting words together that explain what the win meant . Wow.

Don’t Panic !!

I didn’t “expect” that result mate...... however, having been there standing on the Anfield terraces at so many other European cup games, I am not surprised in the slightest. Scousers are nothing if not eternal optimists and possess an attitude of “never say die” The crowd, the coach and (thankfully) the players, reflected that attitude. I often wish that many St Kilda supporters had that same level of self-belief!

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
IMG_2832.JPG

With my lovely Eve (our “baby” ) in the Gladdy stand. Together with her big sister Louise, I took her to games when she was 8 years old. When the Toffees took to the field we both had tears flowing down our cheeks. Such is the power that following a club can have over one’s emotions. I am in NO way envious of my Liverpool FC supporting pals, good luck to ‘em...... but there will only EVER be one club for me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting problem for Klopp for the final , i assume Salah will come back in of course , but who else will come in and who will miss out ? Harsh if the two goal scorers miss out starting but it will probably happen .

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
interesting problem for Klopp for the final , i assume Salah will come back in of course , but who else will come in and who will miss out ? Harsh if the two goal scorers miss out starting but it will probably happen .

Yes mate, an interesting “problem” indeed. It’s a “squad based” comp is it not? With this in mind, Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino just HAVE to be restored to the side, as they were only missing because of injury.
You’re right, it does seem somewhat harsh, but the whole object of the exercise is to WIN..... to do this the best possible side ( if fit ) has to be selected. Those players who stepped into the breach were heroes, does it merit automatic selection, if Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino are available? I’ll let you answer that one pal
How IS life up there on cloud nine, mate?

Yes mate, an interesting “problem” indeed. It’s a “squad based” comp is it not? With this in mind, Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino just HAVE to be restored to the side, as they were only missing because of injury.
You’re right, it does seem somewhat harsh, but the whole object of the exercise is to WIN..... to do this the best possible side ( if fit ) has to be selected. Those players who stepped into the breach were heroes, does it merit automatic selection, if Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino are available? I’ll let you answer that one pal
How IS life up there on cloud nine, mate?
just about to sit down to rewatch this mornings game , going to be on a high until the weekend lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back