Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope to see some fellow Liverpool fans on here at the Imperial on the night that “we should win” the league
Will be there. Hope we draw a game so we don't win it vs Palace but instead win a week later v City at the Etihad.

Liverpool are a machine this season. They even won me some money last night, when I bet on them in play after West Ham went ahead 2-1. You just knew they would turn it around. Their form is incredible.

Well played Watford , deserved their win , outplayed us today . Well a loss had to come somewhere .

Yeah, what a turn up; nobody saw that coming. A crumb of comfort for us United fans is that Liverpool at least won't win the title unbeaten. All unbeaten runs must end somewhere, and it was a superb unbeaten sequence by Liverpool, with 18 consecutive league wins and 44 unbeaten. In a way the end of an unbeaten run like that can take the pressure off.

Yep it is the year of Liverpool, just delayed a bit by Watford.

I'm a City supporter (have been since I was a kid - remember watching us lose a FA Cup final by a own goal, did not win anything for decades after it)

Currently copping heaps from Liverpool supporters, and Spurs supporters who are happy they may be playing in Europe in the big league next year.

John Oliver talks about Liverpool and whats happening at the moment . Fast forward to about 18 mins , it only goes for about a minute but its so true and funny as he cant let it go lol .
Hope this link works

It works although it keeps zooming in for some reason.

The season has now been suspended until at least April 30th, but has been extended indefinitely, giving maximum opportunity to complete remaining fixtures at some point. Still in limbo and will just need to wait and see.

The season has now been suspended until at least April 30th, but has been extended indefinitely, giving maximum opportunity to complete remaining fixtures at some point. Still in limbo and will just need to wait and see.

Are clubs still training?

By the time the games start again the players will have lost a lot of match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the only viable option that the football authorities could take. It would make no sense whatsoever to declare the season “void”

Likewise, calls to “award” LFC the English Premier League title now, are as equally ridiculous.

Thank goodness for some common sense.

giphy.gif

Huge respect for Marcus Rashford for not just being a super talent but for his monumental social consciousness and enormous charity work that he has managed to achieve during the break.

A very special young man whose deeds transcend football to becoming a national hero!

Genuinely feel for Liverpool fans, wait so long to win the league, absolutely dominate the season and then no fans or parades when it happens.

Kinda feeling the same for leeds if we go up, waited so long and if it happens will be awesome, but not the same.
Yeah it's a crying shame!
Though the streets of England will be a far safer place!
Btw Red devils starting to look formidable again with this current line up. Too late this season besides hopefully tying up a top 4 spot.
But if they can keep this team together with a couple of quality additions they should give next season's title a real shake!

What a time to be alive
I must congratulate Liverpool; thirty years is an awfully long wait. They have been superb this season and are deserved champions; they won the league fair and square and by a huge amount. It hurts me to say this, but they deserve it. Good things come to those who wait, so there is hope for St Kilda yet. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back