Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything about this was ridiculous, basically a bunch of MBAs looking at spreadsheets thinking it was a good idea. They had no idea about how their fan bases would react - even though that's where the money ultimately comes from. Idiotic.

Everything about this was ridiculous, basically a bunch of MBAs looking at spreadsheets thinking it was a good idea. They had no idea about how their fan bases would react - even though that's where the money ultimately comes from. Idiotic.
Perez apparently was the main man pushing for it, Bloke has always been shitty that the EPL clubs get bank

50+1 rule might become law in England as well

I thought it was going to get done. Actually surprised the backlash actually worked. Funny how we don't give a fu** what corrupt politicians do, but fu** with our sport and we'll riot in a pandemic.

Once the big English clubs supporter bases revolted they had no option but to back out of the deal, clubs are nothing without their supporters which they should have realised during this pandemic when no crowds has meant no revenue and no atmosphere.

That might be the fakest thing i have seen.

And for added hilarity

UEFA does not care, they only wanted to be cut in with the money.

Just damage control mate.

Didn't give a stuff about the supporters, didn't even consult them when they agreed to join this league. Now there's an uproar they all cancel and act as if they are sorry about what happened.

They'll do anything to save their own bank accounts. One of the most disgraceful things I've seen in world sport.

Didn't give a stuff about the supporters, didn't even consult them when they agreed to join this league. Now there's an uproar they all cancel and act as if they are sorry about what happened.

They'll do anything to save their own bank accounts. One of the most disgraceful things I've seen in world sport.
Players and Managers were not consulted too, Maguire, Shaw, Fernandes, De Gea and Mata were pissed off.

Worse than the letter to Joffaboy IMO

What a disgraceful couple of days by some clubs.

I’ve been a Manchester City fan since the mid-90’s and followed them through the ups and downs since then. Since I moved to Europe in 2006, I’ve seen the club go from getting thumped by Middlesbrough away in the last day of a season season (I was there that day), to the overtaking by Abu Dhabi and all that brought.

I get over to a few games a year and one thing I’ve always loved about my adopted club is getting to know the history etc. through a good friend from the Manchester area. City was always the club who won nothing, it was close to the Saints for me. The takeover changed things obviously but going along for the ride of the titles etc. and watching an array of beautifully talented players has been quite the journey to be a part of.

It’s going to be tough to get the feeling back after the events of the past couple of days to be honest.

After the events of the past couple of days, me and a good friend here where I live now (a Scouser Liverpool fan) are both pulling our respective City and Liverpool memberships in protest and buying a Werder Bremen one in the Bundesliga. It’s a small gesture, but I believe strongly the Bundesliga ownership model is the most fair and the best for fans so will no longer financially support City until a similar model is in place in the English leagues. They’ll always be my English team but am quite disgusted with them and the other teams at the moment.

What a disgraceful couple of days by some clubs.

I’ve been a Manchester City fan since the mid-90’s and followed them through the ups and downs since then. Since I moved to Europe in 2006, I’ve seen the club go from getting thumped by Middlesbrough away in the last day of a season season (I was there that day), to the overtaking by Abu Dhabi and all that brought.

I get over to a few games a year and one thing I’ve always loved about my adopted club is getting to know the history etc. through a good friend from the Manchester area. City was always the club who won nothing, it was close to the Saints for me. The takeover changed things obviously but going along for the ride of the titles etc. and watching an array of beautifully talented players has been quite the journey to be a part of.

It’s going to be tough to get the feeling back after the events of the past couple of days to be honest.

After the events of the past couple of days, me and a good friend here where I live now (a Scouser Liverpool fan) are both pulling our respective City and Liverpool memberships in protest and buying a Werder Bremen one in the Bundesliga. It’s a small gesture, but I believe strongly the Bundesliga ownership model is the most fair and the best for fans so will no longer financially support City until a similar model is in place in the English leagues. They’ll always be my English team but am quite disgusted with them and the other teams at the moment.

That's a model of how not to start a new league. I think you are probably like thousands of others in their disgust, it will interesting to se the fall out.

I'm a Chelsea supporter so I'm equally disappointed and disgusted with them being involved in this money grubbing exercise. I take heart though from our supporters protesting by blocking the Chelsea team bus from going to the ground on Tuesday night which triggered Chelsea and the rest of the EPL clubs pulling out of it.

Worse than the letter to Joffaboy IMO

I wonder if the EPL clubs involved in this fiasco will be sending out letters of apology to their members from the trainee receptionist.

That's a model of how not to start a new league. I think you are probably like thousands of others in their disgust, it will interesting to se the fall out.
Not telling the Players and Managers about it might be one of the most stupid sports things i have ever heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Chelsea supporter so I'm equally disappointed and disgusted with them being involved in this money grubbing exercise. I take heart though from our supporters protesting by blocking the Chelsea team bus from going to the ground on Tuesday night which triggered Chelsea and the rest of the EPL clubs pulling out of it.

I wonder if the EPL clubs involved in this fiasco will be sending out letters of apology to their members from the trainee receptionist.

I'm personally disappointed. As a Newcastle fan I was thinking we'd finally be slightly above a mid table side in what was left of the EPL.;)

That Liverpool game was mental.

Should have been about 5-0 up then Newcastle get unlucky with an injury time goal being disallowed (pretty pathetic that they are the rules with his arm being right against his body). Then Newcastle somehow score again in the time added on for the disallowed goal review.

Klopp has a lot of work to do to build confidence up in front of goal.

Man City have romped the league but at least the remaining CL spots will be interesting.

That Liverpool game was mental.

Should have been about 5-0 up then Newcastle get unlucky with an injury time goal being disallowed (pretty pathetic that they are the rules with his arm being right against his body). Then Newcastle somehow score again in the time added on for the disallowed goal review.

Klopp has a lot of work to do to build confidence up in front of goal.

Man City have romped the league but at least the remaining CL spots will be interesting.
Newcastle celebrating like we just won some silverware.

Liverpool are broken. I suspect beyond repair, but maybe a proper summer break and a reset will prove me wrong. There is something deeply wrong with the front three at least, even Salah. Not even sure if Jürgen can fix it, as good as he is. But Mané and Firmino should have just been given the rest of the year off months ago, they're putrid. Take a look at our football from two years ago, is like we're a different team. That's the Liverpool I recognise, not these ballstroking incompetent imposters.

Still, if you'd shown me all of the last two seasons of football in April 2019 and asked me if I wanted it or not, if have probably said yes please.

My suspicion is that Jürgen leaves in May, maybe Edwards too, and I wouldn't blame them one bit, after this shyte and the Super League scandal.

Between this and the 2021 version of St Kilda, I'm finding it very difficult to be stimulated by sport these days. Bit flat.

Liverpool are broken. I suspect beyond repair, but maybe a proper summer break and a reset will prove me wrong. There is something deeply wrong with the front three at least, even Salah. Not even sure if Jürgen can fix it, as good as he is. But Mané and Firmino should have just been given the rest of the year off months ago, they're putrid. Take a look at our football from two years ago, is like we're a different team. That's the Liverpool I recognise, not these ballstroking incompetent imposters.

Still, if you'd shown me all of the last two seasons of football in April 2019 and asked me if I wanted it or not, if have probably said yes please.

My suspicion is that Jürgen leaves in May, maybe Edwards too, and I wouldn't blame them one bit, after this sh*te and the Super League scandal.

Between this and the 2021 version of St Kilda, I'm finding it very difficult to be stimulated by sport these days. Bit flat.

At least you had last year, imagine spending 20 years pissing around the relegation zone and cheering when they don't * anything up. An owner who's dodgy on line retailing business is his only interest and a manager who looks like a beetroot but is slightly less effective. Newcastle is big club that hasn't realised that they shouldn't be s**t. That said they have a had a purple patch lately. St Maximan seems to make them better even if he doesn't play that well.

Congrats Man City on a job well done, they were great to watch this year.

It’s kind of a case of pick which billionaire you want to win, but I really admire the way that Pep has managed to build that team with seems to have minimal big egos that cause problems off the pitch. I really like Pep too so glad for him.

Hope City can finish off the season with Champions League trophy.

United paid the price for their protests this morning having to field a make shift side against Leicester after the fixture rearranging.

Wasn’t a great game, hopefully Friday morning’s game is better.

Must win for Liverpool to have any chance of making the Champions League next year and United should be back at full strength.

Really glad Cavani signed on for another year, he is such a good player to watch in the EPL.

Are we going to do something similar to this for euro 2021?
Hope this post doesn’t get me into trouble but it does have the teams listed in their groups . Would be great to have our own comp wherever it may be . Does someone want to run one on here ? I would but I’m hopeless at that sort of organisation, would need someone with computer skills which counts me out .

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Play even more exciting
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Hi there,
Euro 2020 is now just a month away, and we're excited to launch our Predictor and Fantasy games on Superbru.

Having been postponed from last year, the anticipation for the tournament in June is now huge, and we'd love you to play Superbru and follow all the action with us.

We have two game formats, and playing Superbru will make every fixture even more exciting - why not set up a pool and challenge your friends and colleagues?

Euros Predictor game
The classic Superbru format - predict the score in each match, and you'll win points for accuracy.

Euros Fantasy game
Our new odds-based fantasy football format is unique - pick four players for each day of action, and you'll score points related to the odds of them scoring goals or keeping clean sheets.

It's quick and fun, and will add an extra dimension to your enjoyment of the tournament.

We'll be in touch with details of prizes and prize pools nearer the time, but for now, join Superbru, set up your pools, invite your friends and start thinking about your predictions.

Not interested in the Euros?
No worries. Click here to let us know that you're not interested and we'll save that preference.

shall we set up a pool on that site or do something here ? Anyone interested?[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back