Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Man City played the better football overall I think , deserved their win as much as it hurts to say that .

Go Saints

Superb football from both sides; it was a great game to watch. Perhaps City just edged it, but Liverpool played well, and they couldn't have come any closer to scoring the first. I was convinced it was in, but apparently it was one centimetre from being a goal!

Still 4 points clear in top spot. Not that fussed, given we were going to lose at some point and the players won't have the pressure of going through the season undefeated anymore.

Really looking forward to our next PL game vs Brighton next Sunday morning. Need to respond emphatically and get back to winning ways.

We only have two games remaining against current top four teams. Chelsea & Tottenham. Both at home. Man City have Chelsea & Arsenal left (in 5th currently I know). Both at home as well.

Our other 15 games are all winnable, so here's hoping we take care of business in those and not let any get away from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interested to see who Klopp will pick in the side to play Wolves tomorrow in the FA cup third round . I think he has to rest Salah , at least start him on the bench . I know it’s always a risk to rest your best player but surely we can back ourselves to still beat Wolves with out him playing . It’s time other players stood up to cover for him .

Go Saints

VVD needs better support in central defence. Lovren was a liability, had a stinker. Ageuro played off his shoulder all game, skinned him a number of times and was far too quick, not to mention his other defensive errors.
City obviously identified Alexander Arnold and Lovren as the weak side of LFC's defence and attempted to exploit it all game.
Salah couldn't get into the game and would love to see Shaquiri start at some point.
LFC a little unlucky too. Great game but disappointed with the result.

Well Liverpool are out of the FA cup after losing to Wolves . We really struggle when Salah starts on the bench . Not good enough. But we were always going to struggle staying in the FA cup , Champions League and trying to win the league at the same time . We aren’t as strong as Man U were when they won the triple. I want us to win the league if possible.

Go Saints

Well Liverpool are out of the FA cup after losing to Wolves . We really struggle when Salah starts on the bench . Not good enough. But we were always going to struggle staying in the FA cup , Champions League and trying to win the league at the same time . We aren’t as strong as Man U were when they won the triple. I want us to win the league if possible.

Go Saints
Don’t underestimate Wolves.
That’s the second of the top three they’ve beaten in the last two weeks.
Not a bad effort by them.

Yes that’s true , I had forgotten about that . No shame in losing then .

Go Saints

Wolves are a fantastic team, they were far far too good for the championship last season. Can see them being top 10 for the next few years, they seem to keep brining in really good Portuguese players.

Go Saints
Only two or three of that starting 11 might normally have started for us. A 16 year old and a couple of other teenagers made their debuts. Probably did ok considering. I was hoping for more from Keita and Shaq though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back