Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its pretty much confirmed hes dead apparently. I just don't understand our we got so much technology, that we can travel to space but cant track down a plane.

I know it’s weird. They know where they disappeared on the radar so surely they would have some idea where they crashed . But having said that it was only a small plane and maybe after crashing it sank . Terrible thing to happen to anyone. I just hope that Sala and the pilot didn’t suffer too much .

Go Saints

So in recent news, Sala sent a voice message to his mates whilst on the plane addressing that the plane doesn't feel safe, that its falling apart and also should search if they dont get a message from him.

It got me emotional

Imagine getting that message and then hearing that his plane has crashed . So heartbreaking. Also the photo he posted online with his old team mates in France before he left for Cardiff he captioned with the title “ The final goodbye “ .

Go Saints

Liverpool have moved up to 7th highest earning club in world soccer with over 500 million euros in annual revenue. Manu down to 3rd with over 660 mill. Real Madrid top and Barca second. Man city 5th with 530 mill.
Based on 2017-2018 earnings.

Ok, let me redo this tweet as I messed up before .
It’s worth watching this collection for several things but there is one that stands out to me .
About half way through the video a guy takes a penalty, the goalie dives the wrong way , the ball hits the post , rebounds to the other side and hits that post , rebounds out to the player who took the penalty who kicks the ball back toward goal only for it to hit the back foot of the goalie who is confused and facing the wrong way , the ball then ends up with a defender , the guy who took the penalty has given up in despair lol .

Go Saints

Ok, let me redo this tweet as I messed up before .
It’s worth watching this collection for several things but there is one that stands out to me .
About half way through the video a guy takes a penalty, the goalie dives the wrong way , the ball hits the post , rebounds to the other side and hits that post , rebounds out to the player who took the penalty who kicks the ball back toward goal only for it to hit the back foot of the goalie who is confused and facing the wrong way , the ball then ends up with a defender , the guy who took the penalty has given up in despair lol .

Go Saints

Oooohhh She's being rather cheeky!
Some funny calamities in there BT! :thumbsu:

In other news the Mighty Manchester United have just gone and done it again! Woohoo! :handok:
Rolled the Gooners at Arse Park 3 -1..............:clapping:
Just give Ole the keys to the city!......Let the Good times Roll!.......:smiley:

Oooohhh She's being rather cheeky!
Some funny calamities in there BT! :thumbsu:

In other news the Mighty Manchester United have just gone and done it again! Woohoo! :handok:
Rolled the Gooners at Arse Park 3 -1..............:clapping:
Just give Ole the keys to the city!......Let the Good times Roll!.......:smiley:

Good to see Arsenal knocked out , well done United .

Don’t Panic !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man U drew with Burnley 2-2 , disappointing result for Man U .
Arsenal beat Cardiff 2-1
Fulham beat Brighton 4-2 after being 2-0 down at half time
Everton beat Huddersfield 1-0
Wolves beat West Ham 3-0

More games tomorrow morning Australian time.

Don’t Panic !!

Team news for Liverpool.

The Netherlands midfielder , Wijnaldum is named in the XI at Anfield after overcoming a knee issue that kept him out of the 4-3 win over Crystal Palace last time out in one of two changes made to the team.

Xherdan Shaqiri is the other alteration, while Virgil van Dijk has recovered from illness to take his place in the line-up. Fabinho is on the bench.

Liverpool: Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Lovren, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi, Camacho.

Don’t Panic !!

Spurs 1-0 down to Watford at half time.
Liverpool and Leicester level 1-1 at half time.
Bournemouth leading Chelsea 1-0 early in second half.
Palace leading Southhampton 1-0 early in second half.

Don’t Panic !!

Liverpool and Leicester drew 1-1 . Liverpool created lots of chances but the finish wasn’t there .
Bournemouth thrashed Chelsea 4-0 , terrible result for Chelsea.
Spurs came back to win 2-1 over Watford
Palace and Southhampton drew 1-1 .

So Liverpool blew a good chance to put some distance from Man City . But at least they didn’t lose .

I watched the Spurs game and it was no real surprise that they won 2-1 in the end.

Another shocker by Chelsea.

Don’t Panic !!

EPL fixtures | Gameweek 25

Saturday, February 2
Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle
Brighton 0-0 Watford
Burnley 1-1 Southampton
Chelsea 5-0 Huddersfield
Crystal Palace 2-0 Fulham
Everton 1-3 Wolves
Cardiff 2-0 Bournemouth

Sunday, February 3
Leicester City 0-1 Man Utd

Here are a couple top tips for footballers taken from Viz mags.

Professional footballers . Save time arguing with the linesman whilst trying to gain a tiny advantage when taking a corner by simply asking your teammates to move 1 inch closer to you .

Footballers. In the same way that you study other teams tactics by watching videos of their previous games , try to find some footage that shows a referee changing his mind about a free kick or penalty after being jostled by half a dozen players .

I think we have all learned something there , lol.

Don’t Panic !!

1. Liverpool (24, 61, +41)
2. Manchester City (25, 59, +46)
3. Tottenham (25, 57, +27)
4. Chelsea (25, 50, +22)
5. Manchester United (25, 48, +14)
6. Arsenal (25, 47, +15)
7. Wolves (25, 38, +1)
8. Watford (25, 34, -1)
9. Everton (25, 33, 0)
10. Bournemouth (25, 33, -7)
11. Leicester (25, 32, -1)
12. West Ham (24, 31, -7)
13. Brighton (25, 27, -9)
14. Crystal Palace (25, 26, -7)
15. Newcastle (25, 24, -12)
16. Southampton (25, 24, -15)
17. Burnley (25, 24, -20)
18. Cardiff City (25, 22, -24)
19. Fulham (25, 17, -30)
20. Huddersfield (25, 11, -33)

looks like Huddersfield and Fulham will be relegated barring a huge turn around. That leaves Cardiff , Burnley, Southampton , Newcastle, Palace and Brighton fighting to stay in the premier league . Other sides you would think are safe .

Pressure on Chelsea to hold out Man U and Arsenal for 4th spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back