Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of us didn't give United a prayer tonight, but it was magnificent from a team with so many injuries. Car horns were tooting around here after the final whistle.
Yeah, really well done guys. Been an amazing turnaround & you deserve the joy after the misery of Mou...right up until you meet Liverpool in the CL of course!

Was an amazing night of football, one of the most enjoyable for a long time.

Ajax were absolutely fantastic. Real will be feeling sick this morning: not only are they out of the CL but they were tormented by Frenkie de Jong who has already signed for Barca. He looks a hell of a player.

Brilliant effort. I can't stand Real & what they represent. The CL looks wide open now, could be anyone from here.

This season is so close for the top five spots , anybody’s guess how it will finish .
Sorry I haven’t been updating for a bit as I’ve been busy with the podcast stuff .

Don’t Panic !!

Was that a case of snatching a win from the jaws of a draw at Anfield…....or what.

Does a finish get more dramatic ???????

Incredible stuff and we stay alive in the title race.

Maybe it's a sign.

Was that a case of snatching a win from the jaws of a draw at Anfield…....or what.

Does a finish get more dramatic ???????

Incredible stuff and we stay alive in the title race.

Maybe it's a sign.
Crazy match.

The decisive moment for me was late in the match at 1-1, Liverpool pushing and then comes a Spurs counter-attack. 2 on 1.... but the one was Van Dijk. He played it perfectly, forcing Sissoko onto his wrong foot then making him take a shot on it, of course it went wide.

I've said it before but Van Dijk is worth 2 defenders this year, an absolute colossus.

Watching it at home with a City mate, he turned to me after Sissoko's miss and said "they (Liverpool) will get a winner now". I scoffed and than a couple of minutes later, sure enough they did.

It's a massive result for Liverpool. There's still a long way to go but that sort of win gives a team so much belief.

Crazy match.

The decisive moment for me was late in the match at 1-1, Liverpool pushing and then comes a Spurs counter-attack. 2 on 1.... but the one was Van Dijk. He played it perfectly, forcing Sissoko onto his wrong foot then making him take a shot on it, of course it went wide.

I've said it before but Van Dijk is worth 2 defenders this year, an absolute colossus.

Watching it at home with a City mate, he turned to me after Sissoko's miss and said "they (Liverpool) will get a winner now". I scoffed and than a couple of minutes later, sure enough they did.

It's a massive result for Liverpool. There's still a long way to go but that sort of win gives a team so much belief.
We were very lucky to get away with that one. Klopp has developed a habit of starting with Milner, Henderson and Winnie as the midfield in big games like this. They are the three he really trusts to keep things tight. It’s my least preferred midfield, as all 3 lack creativity and almost guarantees we won’t score many. That’s why he is one of the top managers in the world and I’m just a pleb watching on I guess!
Great response from Spurs in the second half, they deserved a draw. Going to be a hell of a fight for top four. The CL is looking wide open too.

Tuesday 2 April 2019

• Arsenal2-0 Newcastle Emirates Stadium, London
  • Monday 1 April 2019
    • Cardiff1-2 Chelsea Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff

• Liverpool2-1 Spurs Anfield, Liverpool
Sunday 31 March 2019

• Brighton0-1 Southampton Amex Stadium, Falmer
  • Burnley2-0 Wolves Turf Moor, Burnley
  • Crystal Palace2-0 Huddersfield Selhurst Park, London
  • Leicester2-0 Bournemouth King Power Stadium, Leicester
  • Man Utd2-1 Watford Old Trafford, Manchester
    West Ham0-2 Everton London Stadium, London

Saturday 30 March 2019

• Fulham0-2 Man City

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found this article fascinating.
“Spurs break world record for club profit.”
Two reasons:
How little the players are being paid vs the other big six clubs and how good they might become if they ever do? and,
How much more profitable will they be at the new stadium?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47813193
Yes, I saw that, knocked Liverpool off their record! The new stadium is a double edged sword. They owe a stack of money on it, so Levy has to generate profits to bring the debt down. It will pay off with bigger crowd capacity in the long run but short term, I can't see them buying many players for a while.
They will want CL revenue though, so top 4 is important. Levy is very good with this stuff, so I think he will see you guys through but it will be tight. That all assumes you don't get sold off to an oil rich billionaire....

Big Champions League games on tomorrow.
Man City vs Spurs

Liverpool vs Porto

Both games could go either way imo .

Porto would still be smarting from Last season when Liverpool beat them 5-0 at Porto’s home ground . I expect them to be fired up .

Man City are favourites of course against Spurs but Spurs are capable of winning.

Don’t Panic !!

A bit frustrating these games are on at the same time: would’ve loved to watch both of them live.

Spurs vs City will be fascinating. A lot of interesting stories, not least Spurs at their (what looks amazing) new stadium. Can City finally break through to the final 4? It’s going to be tough.

City did what they had to on the weekend but was it a case of them conserving energy or are they getting tired? You could make a case either way.

I expect Liverpool to deal with Porto fairly comfortably. It’s a nice draw for them although, like BT says above, you’d expect Porto would still be smarting from last years debacle and will come out firing.

Liverpool responded under pressure tonight. There was no margin for error. This could go the final day of the season; surely both Liverpool and City will drop points in their remaining games. City have to come to Old Trafford yet....

Gee, I’m just weighing up the sweet irony of Liverpudlians barracking for Man Utd

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liverpool won 2-0

Spurs won 1-0

Man City deserved to lose for wearing those terrible colours . Whats with the orange shorts ? Their tops were just as bad . They looked like a team playing the lower leagues .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back