Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand how bitterly disappointing it must be for my Reds-supporting fellow Sainters to see City winning ( yet again ). I can also understand the temptation to concede the title to this wonderful Manchester City side. With the greatest respect, and with humility, may I suggest that talk of conceding the title to City with one more game to play, and being just a single point behind, would have people like Tommy Smith, Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley spinning in their graves. Yes, it’s an absolute mountain to climb. Yes City have their fate in their own hands. BUT it ain’t over! Pep will be telling HIS men that! And that is what (in my humble opinion ) Herr Klopp should be telling HIS!

Still can’t believe the Kompany strike the morning after.

I was a nervous wreck last night, almost in tears when he scored. It bought back memories of the 2011-12 season season and Kompany’s winner against United in the second half there. But this goal just felt bigger because of how ridiculous it was. And it was one of the great captains that delivered.

I’ve scored a ticket for the Brighton match through a mate so have booked a flight over to London on Saturday morning. Hopefully it doesn’t go pear-shaped for City now but knowing my luck it will.

I can understand how bitterly disappointing it must be for my Reds-supporting fellow Sainters to see City winning ( yet again ). I can also understand the temptation to concede the title to this wonderful Manchester City side. With the greatest respect, and with humility, may I suggest that talk of conceding the title to City with one more game to play, and being just a single point behind, would have people like Tommy Smith, Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley spinning in their graves. Yes, it’s an absolute mountain to climb. Yes City have their fate in their own hands. BUT it ain’t over! Pep will be telling HIS men that! And that is what (in my humble opinion ) Herr Klopp should be telling HIS!
Thanks Jiggster! It’s a pity it is in City’s hands but you’re quite right Shanks and co wouldn’t give up. By the time the game comes around I’ll be secretly hoping again..

Still can’t believe the Kompany strike the morning after.

I was a nervous wreck last night, almost in tears when he scored. It bought back memories of the 2011-12 season season and Kompany’s winner against United in the second half there. But this goal just felt bigger because of how ridiculous it was. And it was one of the great captains that delivered.

I’ve scored a ticket for the Brighton match through a mate so have booked a flight over to London on Saturday morning. Hopefully it doesn’t go pear-shaped for City now but knowing my luck it will.
Wow, that’s brilliant, have a great trip mate!

Wow, that’s brilliant, have a great trip mate!
Thanks mate. I’m a pretty nervous watcher (normally calm person) but basically had panic attacks at our Grand Finals. I’m a bit older now so will just try and enjoy it, there are more important things in life than football really.

I actually had a ticket for last night’s game and should have been there bar an unexpected pilot strike in Scandinavia... I hadn’t really expected to go to the last game but I have a friend well connected who got a couple of tickets for me and him so I just re-booked my ticket.

Having the league come down to the last day is rare. It’s really going to be so tense and it is amazing that one of these teams will actually lose the title.

I was expecting slip ups from both teams and it just hasn’t happened. It’s nuts.

Thanks mate. I’m a pretty nervous watcher (normally calm person) but basically had panic attacks at our Grand Finals. I’m a bit older now so will just try and enjoy it, there are more important things in life than football really.

I actually had a ticket for last night’s game and should have been there bar an unexpected pilot strike in Scandinavia... I hadn’t really expected to go to the last game but I have a friend well connected who got a couple of tickets for me and him so I just re-booked my ticket.

Having the league come down to the last day is rare. It’s really going to be so tense and it is amazing that one of these teams will actually lose the title.

I was expecting slip ups from both teams and it just hasn’t happened. It’s nuts.

Hope you have a great time , going to a EPL game is something i would love to do . I would even go and see the two bottom sides play lol . i doubt i will ever see Liverpool play at Anfield .

Hope you have a great time , going to a EPL game is something i would love to do . I would even go and see the two bottom sides play lol . i doubt i will ever see Liverpool play at Anfield .
I know a long haul flight with your back issues would be a long shot but you never know mate, modern medicine is pretty amazing, who knows what’s around the corner.

I’ve never seen a game at Anfield but have been there and done a tour. It’s a pretty magical place if you love football. Right in the middle of house. It certainly has an aura. I’ve been to Goodison as well which is really close across the park and has a great feel as well.

It’s a great city Liverpool with lovely, warm people, one of my favorite places to go to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a long haul flight with your back issues would be a long shot but you never know mate, modern medicine is pretty amazing, who knows what’s around the corner.

I’ve never seen a game at Anfield but have been there and done a tour. It’s a pretty magical place if you love football. Right in the middle of house. It certainly has an aura. I’ve been to Goodison as well which is really close across the park and has a great feel as well.

It’s a great city Liverpool with lovely, warm people, one of my favorite places to go to.

I never fail to feel a tug at my heartstrings when I watch Everton Home games on telly

Crawled out of the cot at almost 5:00 am on this chilly and dark Melbourne morning, switched on the telly and saw the Anfield crowd singing YNWA. Spine-tingling stuff! My blood flows Everton Royal Blue....... However, YNWA is the sound of HOME! How I love my city of birth!

Spot on! It IS a great city mate! I was born there! (1945). Grew up in Anfield (off Priory Road) and can still recall playing in the street and hearing the roar of the Kop drifting to us on a cold and sooty breeze. My dear da was “Blue-through-and-through” and I followed suit. However, I had two lovely uncles who were dyed in the wool Reds I loved them dearly. One of the joys of those (now far-away) days of my childhood and early youth, was to be at Goodison one Saturday with dad.... then at Anfield the next, with Uncle Charlie or Uncle Ted. Scousers are passionate about life, particularly football, but at the end of the day, get along with each other, despite the banter at the game.
I was “home” last year and managed to squeeze in a game at Goodison.... a 3-1 loss to Manchester City. The result was ordinary... but I was there for SO much more than just a “ football result “ I felt the spirit of my dear old da, and my Evertonian pals who have passed, putting their hands on my shoulder, and saying “good to see you back Davey”

Greatest performance from Liverpool that I have ever seen.

I'm an emotional mess...absolutely unbelievable from the boys.

Singing YNWA with the fans post game is something I will never forget.

Spot on! It IS a great city mate! I was born there! (1945). Grew up in Anfield (off Priory Road) and can still recall playing in the street and hearing the roar of the Kop drifting to us on a cold and sooty breeze. My dear da was “Blue-through-and-through” and I followed suit. However, I had two lovely uncles who were dyed in the wool Reds I loved them dearly. One of the joys of those (now far-away) days of my childhood and early youth, was to be at Goodison one Saturday with dad.... then at Anfield the next, with Uncle Charlie or Uncle Ted. Scousers are passionate about life, particularly football, but at the end of the day, get along with each other, despite the banter at the game.
I was “home” last year and managed to squeeze in a game at Goodison.... a 3-1 loss to Manchester City. The result was ordinary... but I was there for SO much more than just a “ football result “ I felt the spirit of my dear old da, and my Evertonian pals who have passed, putting their hands on my shoulder, and saying “good to see you back Davey”
Lovely story mate, thanks for posting. Brings back memories.

“Slip ups” could STILL occur mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back