Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

lol Ajax choked like Barcelona did yesterday . Spurs vs Liverpool final , fantastic , cant wait .
Now all we need is Chelsea and Arsenal to get through to the Uefa cup and it will be 4 English teams in the finals.

Fantastic effort by Spurs to come back in the second half , i didnt think they had it in them , proved me wrong . What a year for soccer it has been .

Spurs one point from three games in the group stage.

Would have been eliminated with a loss or draw against PSV. Trailing 1-0 at 77 minutes and won after two goals to Kane

Next game had to beat Inter. Eriksen scored in the 80th minute.

Needed a draw away against Barcelona in final group game. 1-0 down at 85 minutes. Moura scores.

Behind on aggregate at the Etihad at 72 minutes. Enter Llorente.

And three goals down at half time away in the second leg against Ajax. Moura completed his hat trick and scored the final goal with the clock showing 5:00 of extra time with five minutes scheduled.

This is our destiny.

Or not.

You couldn't make up the drama of the last two nights: incredible comebacks by Liverpool and Spurs. I didn't think anything could top the drama of the Liverpool-Barcelona game, but Spurs winning with the last kick of the match surpassed even that. I have to say well done to both, but, of course I will be supporting Tottenham in the final :D

You couldn't make up the drama of the last two nights: incredible comebacks by Liverpool and Spurs. I didn't think anything could top the drama of the Liverpool-Barcelona game, but Spurs winning with the last kick of the match surpassed even that. I have to say well done to both, but, of course I will be supporting Tottenham in the final :D
Then you will be disappointed ;)
Should be a great game though. An all EPL final.

I wonder who Liverpool would have preferred to meet in the final? Or do we think it’s a matter of “anyone.... any where, any time” ( to paraphrase Ross Lyon)
My uncle is happy we got Spurs, as he really rates Ajax. I'm the other way around, as I really rate Pochettino as a manager who is brilliant at getting the most out of his players and tweaking their game as required. I think Manu screwed up there by not going hard for him.

My uncle is happy we got Spurs, as he really rates Ajax. I'm the other way around, as I really rate Pochettino as a manager who is brilliant at getting the most out of his players and tweaking their game as required. I think Manu screwed up there by not going hard for him.

I think you’re spot-on there Colleague. Spurs gave the Reds an almighty struggle in their most recent EPL game at Fortress Anfield, and only an appalling goalkeeping error let them down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

This UCL Final is an absolutely tantalising prospect for we “neutrals”. Will Jurgen Klopp finally break-free from the label of “nearly man”? Can Spurs defy the odds and claim the prize? Will Harry Kane be fit enough to play? I remember watching the 2013 UCL final when Herr Klopp coached Dortmund through to a final clash with Bayern..... Robben and Ribery dismantled Dortmund. Will we see another UCL “derby” final ending in heartbreak for Jurgen? Or does the heartache stop here? Fascinating, just fascinating! Bring it ON!!!

amazing Liverpool vs Spurs in Champions League final

and

Chelsea vs Arsenal in the Europa Cup

great for English football , showing it is the best comp in my view .

hahaha i knew you would be supporting Spurs but thats fine . Im really happy its an all England final , hopefully it will be an exciting end to end game with a few goals scored of course. Of course im going for Liverpool but im having a hard time deciding between Chelsea and Arsenal in the Europa cup or what ever its called these days . Who are you going for in that game ?

hahaha i knew you would be supporting Spurs but thats fine . Im really happy its an all England final , hopefully it will be an exciting end to end game with a few goals scored of course. Of course im going for Liverpool but im having a hard time deciding between Chelsea and Arsenal in the Europa cup or what ever its called these days . Who are you going for in that game ?

I'd rather see Chelsea win actually, but I don't particularly mind either way.

A great season for our boys, super proud of the effort all year to take the greatest team in English football history to the final day.

Mane & Salah with the golden boot, Alisson golden glove.

All focus towards June 1st and #6 now.

UP the REDS!

Commiserations to my Liverpool-supporting fellow Sainters on missing out on the EPL title. Manchester City are worthy champions, of that there’s no doubt, but Liverpool gave their absolute ALL, and should be congratulated for their efforts. A wonderful EPL Title race,just a pity that one of these fine sides had to finish runner-up.

I'm relieved City won it, but what a fight Liverpool gave them. To not win the league after earning 97 points is incredible and very harsh on them. Both sides can be proud of their season, unlike the shambles that is Manchester United. We need a completely new squad; massive summer ahead.

Just because of a certain points tally in a particular year does NOT make City the greatest team in English football history!
A ridiculously simplistic view would have anyone convinced of that! So many factors to take into account that it's purely subjective
As good as both sides have been this year!

Anyway congratulations to City and commiserations to Liverpool!
And god help Manchester United!

Just because of a certain points tally in a particular year does NOT make City the greatest team in English football history!
A ridiculously simplistic view would have anyone convinced of that! So many factors to take into account that it's purely subjective
As good as both sides have been this year!

Anyway congratulations to City and commiserations to Liverpool!
And god help Manchester United!
Lol, you think I base that opinion of this season alone? How about the 100 points last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back