Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Heading to the Impy with a couple of mates at 9.30, making sure we get in before they get to capacity.

What plans do you guys have?

Nerves have really kicked in, said I wouldn't drink until we got there but just opened my first...

Hope we bring it home tomorrow morning! YNWA

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I've got a terrible feeling this will be a fairytale win for Pocketino and his men. Hope I'm wrong. Fatalism kicking in.

Parkers tatts

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Feels like the grand finals of old with tonight’s game . Sad that I’m more excited about liverpool than the saints currently . The kids have corrupted my mind

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Might end up being the same deal as the semi final at Anfield: watching silently in my phone while I put the kids to bed. #pimplife
Good luck.
I’m staying in bed and will check the phone in the morning.
(Though I’ve got a mad Chelsea supporting Cockney mate in a bar on Las Ramblas somewhere. If I get an early morning text from him I’ll know who will have won!).
COYS.

Parkers tatts

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ll be up at 3am with my two
Boys
Their mum did up a Liverpool room in our theatre
Printed of logos and pics streamers and stuff . Hopefully the reds get the win then the boys maintain the rage until their game later in the morning .
My youngest is a jet

Great effort by Spurs and Liverpool to make the final . Spurs did it the hard way by being behind alot but they fought it out to get through , fantastic spirit to never give up . Two super results by both sides in the semis to come from behind against top teams .
English league officials should be well pleased to have all 4 spots in the two finals taken by English clubs .

Don’t Panic !!

Haven't slept...no idea how I'm going to last through the Port game...it was absolutely unbelievable in the city this morning. So proud of the boys after the disappointment in the league. YNWA!

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Time to change the photo at the start of the thread? Not that I mind my lovely daughters smiling face being there along with her old da...... but in view of the result in Madrid, and the spirit of the banter, perhaps a pic that combines the Spurs and Reds? Just a suggestion.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Still gutted. It's horrible to see your fiercest rivals win the biggest prize in the game, but that's sport and it happens. I can't begrudge Liverpool the trophy, after the superb season they had; well done to them. Hurts though.

Back