Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You need to come back to the fold Juggy!
And dismiss all this Anfield and Liverpool talk my friend!

Now is the time the mighty red devils need all believers back on board!
And as for any so called home grown players, we are the only ones that
Actually give em a go and if you care to venture you will find the current
United team is stack full of them!

Now sing along bud 20 times, 20 times Man United
20 times, 20 times i say......👺

Hey MM, trust me I've tried. But I think when you don't get to see them live, there's a element of detachment there. And spending all that time in Newcastle and other cities and going to heaps of lower league games I just lost the passion for United. Also I think I've gone soft in my old age, I'm always rooting for the underdog.

I still want United to win the league. If not I hope a minnow does a Leicester. And I definitely don't want city, gunners or Chelsea to. But I reckon I could live with a reds or spurs title, just one time though, then they can go back to being crap.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
United still have a lot to do but our defence with two new signings has gone from an absolute shambles last year to now looking pretty solid.

De Gea with Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka would have to (at least on paper) have us up with the third or fourth best defence in the league. Hopefully that translates on the pitch. Still need to sign another defensive midfielder, given we'll be playing a 4-2-3-1 by the looks of it.

Pogba rumoured to be playing a bit deeper this season, where he can do a great job but we need him further up the pitch. Not much depth in that position beyond Matic who's getting on and McTominay.

Will be very happy to see the back of Lukaku in the coming days.
Well we got to see the back of Lukaku thankfully, but have to say yet another underwhelming transfer
Window closed for United! Woodward has got to go! The blokes absolutely useless as a dealer in the transfer market!

Even Mcquire says he heard nothing for weeks before the late swoop.....Eriksson thought we were half hearted and i
Still cannot get Klopps words out of my head for when Woodward approached him a few years back describing United
As the Disney Land of all football clubs! WTF?
All summer long we kept hearing about the imminent signings of Fernandez and Dybala yet once again nothing!

Have just about had enough of that bumbling idiot and the Glaziers! Have turned the biggest juggernaut in world football
Into a laughing stock!
The only comfort that can be gleaned is that Ole had the lads looking good in the preseason and the defensive reinforcements
Will no doubt help, and i must say our youth looks especially promising in Greenwood, Chong, Garner, Gomes and Tuanzabe
So maybe he can pull off a Fergie and shock the comp with the new version of the Babes!

Alan Hanson's famous quote springs to mind " You don't win anything with kids " lol

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well we got to see the back of Lukaku thankfully, but have to say yet another underwhelming transfer
Window closed for United! Woodward has got to go! The blokes absolutely useless as a dealer in the transfer market!

Even Mcquire says he heard nothing for weeks before the late swoop.....Eriksson thought we were half hearted and i
Still cannot get Klopps words out of my head for when Woodward approached him a few years back describing United
All summer long we kept hearing about the imminent signings of Fernandez and Dybala yet once again nothing!

Have just about had enough of that bumbling idiot and the Glaziers! Have turned the biggest juggernaut in world football
Into a laughing stock!
The only comfort that can be gleaned is that Ole had the lads looking good in the preseason and the defensive reinforcements
Will no doubt help, and i must say our youth looks especially promising in Greenwood, Chong, Garner, Gomes and Tuanzabe
So maybe he can pull off a Fergie and shock the comp with the new version of the Babes!

Alan Hanson's famous quote springs to mind " You don't win anything with kids " lol
It was an odd transfer window for Manu. I expected at least one attacking option, especially with Lukaku going. The defence looks stronger but that’s about it.
I can’t say I’m super impressed with LFC’s efforts either. Both sides hoping young players step up by the looks.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC

Into a laughing stock!

You've nailed it mate. The current regime is an abomination, leaving us playing second fiddle in our own city. We are treading water, with the odd huge money signing to prevent a fans revolt. It's scandalous.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
CB907B9A-D899-4B97-9ECF-02F0DFFC5D9E.png

d7aa0c398d99bacf229bfa294cfe3c38.jpg

G’day Folks!!!!
Great tshirt , pity Everton only got a draw to start with , was hoping they might start better , still at least they didnt lose.

I only watched the highlights but yes, it’s too early. It was more a matter of City looking brilliant really. That re-taking of the penalty looked a bit unfair but something to get used to by the looks of things.
Why was the penalty retaken , i just saw the highlights during the night but had the sound turned off .

I only watched the highlights but yes, it’s too early. It was more a matter of City looking brilliant really. That re-taking of the penalty looked a bit unfair but something to get used to by the looks of things.
Yeah City are going to crush some of the lower sides again as they did last season . It was one of the reasons they ended up winning the league .

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
They are using VAR for penalties now. Rice moved into the penalty area before it was taken. Unless he interferes, it seems a harsh rule to me but it is the rule.
He cleared it off the rebound - that’s pretty interfering. Commentary reckoned it would have been taken again anyway as keeper moved off his line.

Both crazy harsh as was the offside goal but as the earlier poster said - need to get used to it

Back