Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow...What a day/night all round!

Have spent it all pretty pissed and i'm still going! 🥴
If the Saints win didn't put some wood in my pants, after
United were done with Chelsea, let's just say it was party time down below! 😁

Only one game i know, and the club def still has it's issues
But Man what a way to start a new era! And our crowd were phenomenal!
Rode our luck in the 1st half...But the quality and dare shown in the 2nd half
Was inspiring to say the least! 5 Academy graduates in the starting line up no less
And all the goals were assisted by them! Sensational performance!

Capped off by the one moment in sport that genuinely gave me the emotional tingles
Just like the United of old was young Dan James scoring on his debut and the deeply
Heartfelt celebration from the young man, having just lost his father very recently!

All in all just a wonderful swashbuckling performance that belied the general negativity
Surrounding Manchester United these days!
Well played lads! Very proud indeed!
They sure did put a big smile on this old p!sshead's dial! Glory Glory Baby!

Wow...What a day/night all round!

Have spent it all pretty pi**ed and i'm still going! 🥴
If the Saints win didn't put some wood in my pants, after
United were done with Chelsea, let's just say it was party time down below! 😁

Only one game i know, and the club def still has it's issues
But Man what a way to start a new era! And our crowd were phenomenal!
Rode our luck in the 1st half...But the quality and dare shown in the 2nd half
Was inspiring to say the least! 5 Academy graduates in the starting line up no less
And all the goals were assisted by them! Sensational performance!

Capped off by the one moment in sport that genuinely gave me the emotional tingles
Just like the United of old was young Dan James scoring on his debut and the deeply
Heartfelt celebration from the young man, having just lost his father very recently!

All in all just a wonderful swashbuckling performance that belied the general negativity
Surrounding Manchester United these days!
Well played lads! Very proud indeed!
They sure did put a big smile on this old p!sshead's dial! Glory Glory Baby!

I think the most pleasing thing about yesterday was that such a young team was able to produce that performance. Pogba was the oldest outfield player at 26. We have some exciting youngsters, and I thought Maguire and Wan-Bissaka made a huge difference in the defence. Midfield still concerns me; I would liked to see a top class player signed there. There was a very positive atmosphere inside the stadium. Let's hope there is a better season ahead.

I think the most pleasing thing about yesterday was that such a young team was able to produce that performance. Pogba was the oldest outfield player at 26. We have some exciting youngsters, and I thought Maguire and Wan-Bissaka made a huge difference in the defence. Midfield still concerns me; I would liked to see a top class player signed there. There was a very positive atmosphere inside the stadium. Let's hope there is a better season ahead.
Maguire and Wan-Bissaka were great, defence still had some moments where they seemed to lose concentration but that was a very good start. 4-0 home win against Chelsea to start the season, scoreline probably flattered us just a little and on another day we would've been down at Half Time, but that's football.

Midfield concerns me a bit too, the lack of quality when you take Pogba out is quite alarming. Tough game coming up away to Wolves but I feel like we're catching them at a good time, their fixture is pretty hectic with Europa League qualifiers. If we can get the 3 points it can really set us up for a strong season.

As promised!

Amazing game to be at, we were absolutely dominant. Photos really don’t do justice, we were 3 rows from the front so the players were metres away.

Fortunate enough for it to be my 6th game at Anfield but I think this one tops it for the atmosphere, wife was amazed.
851C7E24-73EC-44D2-A924-43633E5F12D9.jpeg 5CB5C3CA-54AB-4636-A379-FA7BD13D1C1D.jpeg 111A3680-0307-4B27-BDE7-FC23561E2065.jpeg

Last edited:
Some strange results this weekend, particularly Crystal Palace (let's not go there) and Newcastle. City and Liverpool already setting the standard again.
Yeah a lot is sides don’t look settled yet which is understandable. Arsenal looked stronger than last season to me. The top 4 looks like a battle between 6 sides again.
Bring back Brains Trust!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some strange results this weekend, particularly Crystal Palace (let's not go there) and Newcastle. City and Liverpool already setting the standard again.
I know you arent happy but whats the story with United ? I picked them to challenge for everything this season . I know its very very early but im surprised at how they are playing at the moment . Still they will probably turn it around , a whole season to go yet .

I know you arent happy but whats the story with United ? I picked them to challenge for everything this season . I know its very very early but im surprised at how they are playing at the moment . Still they will probably turn it around , a whole season to go yet .
Fantastic to see you back BT! Other than city and LFC it’s looking a bit of a raffle for the other two top spots at the moment. Early days of course.

d7aa0c398d99bacf229bfa294cfe3c38.jpg

G’day Folks!!!!
COYB!

It's a very young team just now - the youngest in the league. A number of older players have been moved on and we lack experience. They will learn, but we definitely need another central midfielder and another striker. I think we will struggle to qualify for Champions League again,and I think there are ups and downs ahead.

Great to see you back! :thumbsu:

It sounds a bit sacrilegious as a City fan, but I really love listening to Gary Neville.

This is a great podcast with Stan Collymore: he gives fantastic and honest insight into his failure as a manager at Valencia, you really learn so much when he speaks. He also talks a lot about United's plight and why they are where they are.

It's a very young team just now - the youngest in the league. A number of older players have been moved on and we lack experience. They will learn, but we definitely need another central midfielder and another striker. I think we will struggle to qualify for Champions League again,and I think there are ups and downs ahead.

Great to see you back! :thumbsu:
Should be good for the future having a young side . The question is can Man U supporters wait or will they call for heads to roll if they arent near the top ? Supporters of the top clubs dont usually like rebuilding , they usually want instant success with big name recruits.

Should be good for the future having a young side . The question is can Man U supporters wait or will they call for heads to roll if they arent near the top ? Supporters of the top clubs dont usually like rebuilding , they usually want instant success with big name recruits.

That's the dilemma. I'm all for going with youth, but young kids need time to develop. I think we needed a couple more top signings to help them in midfield and up front. Ole must be given time to develop his ideas, but that will require some patience, and we will need to wait for signings that will compliment them.

That's the dilemma. I'm all for going with youth, but young kids need time to develop. I think we needed a couple more top signings to help them in midfield and up front. Ole must be given time to develop his ideas, but that will require some patience, and we will need to wait for signings that will compliment them.
Yeah i think most of us are prepared to be patient, if they show they have a clear plan!

But my big concern is that Woodward and the Glaziers have set Ole up to fail!
And gotta say man i'm very surprised at the lack of action and protest over in the old neighbourhood
About these disgraceful fraudsters and what they have done to our magnificent club!

Yeah i think most of us are prepared to be patient, if they show they have a clear plan!

But my big concern is that Woodward and the Glaziers have set Ole up to fail!
And gotta say man i'm very surprised at the lack of action and protest over in the old neighbourhood
About these disgraceful fraudsters and what they have done to our magnificent club!

The only concern of the owners is income. For them it's business not sport, and this tension has never been solved since the Glazer takeover. They are holding the club back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back