Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wi
I was hoping Man City would struggle for a few weeks to give Liverpool the chance to get a big lead but out they come and win 8-0 , they are a very good team or sure . Liverpool might be a few points clear at the moment but one slip up and that will change . I cant see Man City losing to many games again this year . Liverpool will need to have a good run with injuries if we want to challenge like last year as Man Cities depth is again much stronger . Still its a long season so who knows what could happen.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
With the players City have, that sort of result is going to happen, especially if a side rolls over. I’m hoping a few managers have seen a chink in their armour and they slip in another couple of games.
I really think it’s going to get down to team psychology and that hunger to win every game. I think (hope) that Liverpool are a bit more motivated to win the league.
City will really want to win the CL, it’s the perfect time for them to have a red hot crack at that. It may influence their EPL campaign.
You are right though, long term injuries to any of the front three could cruel Liverpool. City have better depth.

Wi

With the players City have, that sort of result is going to happen, especially if a side rolls over. I’m hoping a few managers have seen a chink in their armour and they slip in another couple of games.
I really think it’s going to get down to team psychology and that hunger to win every game. I think (hope) that Liverpool are a bit more motivated to win the league.
City will really want to win the CL, it’s the perfect time for them to have a red hot crack at that. It may influence their EPL campaign.
You are right though, long term injuries to any of the front three could cruel Liverpool. City have better depth.
Remember my observation: Spurs = Useless?
Knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by a fourth tier club this morning.
Now: Spurs = USELESS

Remember my observation: Spurs = Useless?
Knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by a fourth tier club this morning.
Now: Spurs = USELESS
Disaster for Spurs this morning , dont know what else to say .

Spurs 2: Bayern Munich 7.
At.
White.
Hart.
Lane.

Send Pochettino to Real.
He is finished.
Whats going on at Spurs ? They were great last year , im shocked at their start so far this season.

I have no idea.
Trouble is: neither does Pochettino
Doesn't help that your manager is openly shopping himself around!

Not to worry Sunny. You guys can join United in mid table this season!
Don't think i have ever seen another season where it's so obvious from this early on
That there are only 2 worthwhile teams in it to win the league!

Personally think the overall standard outside of City and Liverpool of course
Is at an all time low in the EPL!

Doesn't help that your manager is openly shopping himself around!

Not to worry Sunny. You guys can join United in mid table this season!
Don't think i have ever seen another season where it's so obvious from this early on
That there are only 2 worthwhile teams in it to win the league!

Personally think the overall standard outside of City and Liverpool of course
Is at an all time low in the EPL!
I think with the exception of those two it’s become more even. I’m overseas at the moment and can only see the Bundesliga, man, that’s a crap standard.
It’s probably because I only really follow two clubs but I’m really seeing some strong similarities between the Liverpool resurrection and what’s happening at the Saints. Klopp and Ratts also seem to share a similar approach to their work. Fingers crossed I’m right rather than merely suffering some sort of deranged heat induced hallucinations.

Wow , City played some very lazy football , terrible back passes that Wolves could have scored from . In the end Wolves won 2-0 , amazing . Long time since ive seen City play that badly .
Talking about playing badly , i have no idea whats happening with Spurs . I dont think i have any results correct , i picked Liverpool and Leister to finish 1-1 and was nearly correct .

Liverpool have a handy break but there is a long way to go thats for sure.

Wow , City played some very lazy football , terrible back passes that Wolves could have scored from . In the end Wolves won 2-0 , amazing . Long time since ive seen City play that badly .
Talking about playing badly , i have no idea whats happening with Spurs . I dont think i have any results correct , i picked Liverpool and Leister to finish 1-1 and was nearly correct .

Liverpool have a handy break but there is a long way to go thats for sure.

8 games in and 8 points clear, thats over 20% of the season played. Even at my most optimistic, I wouldn’t have thought that possible.
With a couple of top sides falling into a hole, this is shaping up as one of the strangest seasons in recent times.

8 games in and 8 points clear, thats over 20% of the season played. Even at my most optimistic, I wouldn’t have thought that possible.
With a couple of top sides falling into a hole, this is shaping up as one of the strangest seasons in recent times.
That is one huge black hole your talking about there my friend!

I mean Newcastle ffs! :oops:
It's as bad as it gets at Old Trafford these days!
I'm still in a state of disbelief just how diabolical my beloved United have become!
What will it take for the revolution that is required in order to address this disturbing freefall?

Glaziers and Woodward out immediately please! These greedy ass clowns have completely hijacked and sabotaged
A National treasure loved throughout the world, yet inexplicably their criminally treacherous actions continue unabated! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is one huge black hole your talking about there my friend!

I mean Newcastle ffs! :oops:
It's as bad as it gets at Old Trafford these days!
I'm still in a state of disbelief just how diabolical my beloved United have become!
What will it take for the revolution that is required in order to address this disturbing freefall?

Glaziers and Woodward out immediately please! These greedy ass clowns have completely hijacked and sabotaged
A National treasure loved throughout the world, yet inexplicably their criminally treacherous actions continue unabated! :mad:
It’s starting to parallel the H&G era, which culminated in the appointment of that cheap shyster Hodgson. I read that Edwards is refusing to put on a DOF, which is insanity in this era. I suspect if he relents it will be for a compliant ex player. Edwards would be my number 1 target, then hope the parasites get in financial trouble and have to sell.

It’s starting to parallel the H&G era, which culminated in the appointment of that cheap shyster Hodgson. I read that Edwards is refusing to put on a DOF, which is insanity in this era. I suspect if he relents it will be for a compliant ex player. Edwards would be my number 1 target, then hope the parasites get in financial trouble and have to sell.
Edit: Woodward not Edwards

United are the new old Liverpool. Mid table finishes year after year and living off past glory. It's embarrassing. The club top to bottom is an absolute mess and all Woodward and the Glazers can think about is that we're still making bank every season.

Liverpool haven't won the league for 30 years after being an absolute powerhouse. Look how long it has taken them get back to the top. United are in this shambolic state of constantly changing managers who try to take the club in a different direction but receive little to no financial backing. Squad has holes in it everywhere and it's going to take at least 4-5 transfer windows just to sort that out. But how much longer are they going to give Solskjaer when we're only two points from the drop zone?

I feel like this is only the beginning for United, at this stage I don't expect us to even score going into games let alone win them. 6 years ago finishing second was a failure of a season. Mourinho said finishing 2nd with that squad was his greatest ever achievement. Thought it was incredibly disrespectful of the then manager but he's absolutely right. If we were to finish top 6 I'd be genuinely surprised. Outside of the 'regular' top 4 Leicester, Wolves and West Ham look miles better than we do right now.

If you're Mason Greenwood sitting in the change rooms who do you look up to and say I want to be just like you as a player? Our best player doesn't even want to be there and is more concerned with his social media platforms. Rashford is burnt out and looks like someone who has way too much pressure on his shoulders for a 21 year old. Only leader is McTominay (as much as I like him) who wouldn't start in any top 4 side.

Rant over.

It's amazing how bad Arsenal have been and yet we're sitting third, one point behind City. A lot of luck goes into that, as well as having a world-class striker. It obviously won't last unless we start to put some good performances together, but hopefully getting a few of our first choice defenders back from injury can give us a bump.

I can't even go #eco; it's a passion, an obsession, which is killing me but is impossible to stop. My only hope now is a charity dedicated to helping survivors of Manchester United catastrophe, compounded by Liverpool's form. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem; well I have a big problem. Where are you United Fans Anonymous? Even in the summer I get no respite, as the AFL season starts and I have to support St Kilda. It's unrelenting torture.

I can't even go #eco; it's a passion, an obsession, which is killing me but is impossible to stop. My only hope now is a charity dedicated to helping survivors of Manchester United catastrophe, compounded by Liverpool's form. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem; well I have a big problem. Where are you United Fans Anonymous? Even in the summer I get no respite, as the AFL season starts and I have to support St Kilda. It's unrelenting torture.
I'm reading that Ole is already under threat & might go after the Liverpool game. How much longer does Woodward get away with this crap?

I think the Saints will start coming good from next season, there's certainly some promising moves. That might give you some respite until you get rid of Woodward, appoint a top class DOF and ideally lose the Glazers.

Everyone saying Man U are "the new old Liverpool".

The comparison is specious - Liverpool weren't spending any money around 2010.

Man U continue to spend money, don't get any better.
The comparison is there because they are both pretenders!
The new United and the old Liverpool!

As for Liverpool not spending money back then....Find that highly doubtful
For years under Fergie United spent less than Liverpool yet continued to roll on
Winning title after title!

Liverpool's new found success has nothing to do with supposedly getting out their chequebook
It's all to do with the acquisition of Mr Klopp!
No coincidence United's drastic decline also coincides with Fergie's departure!
And throw in the scandalous actions of their greedy owners and one complete f#ckwit in Ed Woodward!

From an outsider's pov, I don't get why Woodward isn't given the flick. Everyone can see he's not capable of running a club. I hope he has the job for life, but can't for the life of me work out how he's lasted so long.

Which manager do you think should try his hand at turning this big ship around? Allegri? Poch? Keep OGS? A penny for Ferguson's thoughts.

From an outsider's pov, I don't get why Woodward isn't given the flick. Everyone can see he's not capable of running a club. I hope he has the job for life, but can't for the life of me work out how he's lasted so long.

Which manager do you think should try his hand at turning this big ship around? Allegri? Poch? Keep OGS? A penny for Ferguson's thoughts.
What they should do is get Poch and the best DOF they can and start rebuilding the club with a view to being competitive at the top level in 3 years time.
What they’re likely to do is get big Sam, shift Ole to DOF and look for a sugar hit for the next 3 months.

What they should do is get Poch and the best DOF they can and start rebuilding the club with a view to being competitive at the top level in 3 years time.
What they’re likely to do is get big Sam, shift Ole to DOF and look for a sugar hit for the next 3 months.
Big Sam at Utd, Mourinho at Arsenal and the second coming of David Moyes at Everton. Get Ian Dowie to Watford and why not bring Tim "the gilet" Sherwood back to Spurs for a bit more retro flavour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back