Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

International games shouldnt be allowed to interupt the EPL , lol.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can’t stand them. They disrupt the flow of games in the major leagues around the world. It’s a weird situation that’s someone thought was a good idea years ago. If someone suggested that from scratch today, it would be laughable. In the main they are a bunch of pointless games made up of incredibly expensive players that clubs have huge investments in. The actual teams may never actually play together in the World Cup, as that’s only every 4 years and players retire, lose form etc.
I’m really surprised top clubs haven’t responded by pressuring players to ‘retire’ from international football or pressuring FIFA to make changes. I’d think FIFA would be vulnerable to legal challenges, especially when some clown of an international manager badly injures a player through poor training practices.

Well it was an intriguing if not a very peculiar battle at Old Trafford yesterday between the two giants of English football!
United showed some well overdue grit and determination and Liverpool looked strangely subdued and limp when
They had a very real opportunity to put a United team that was severely undermanned and seriously lacking in confidence to the sword!

In the end the Scousers were more than happy to pinch a point from the game, that ultimately left both sets of fans pretty unfulfilled!
United desperately needed the win and for most of the game did what they needed to, but once again defensive frailty let them down!
Still i'm hoping they can take something positive from the contest as at the very least we saw a committed and well organised team effort!

Liverpool will no doubt move on from the fixture just relieved they did not lose, but also more than a little concerned about how they can
Be worked out in a tactical sense for other teams going forward. They were very disappointing in my view in their performance, but when
You have the record they have so far his season, they should be forgiven for one subpar performance which ultimately they still got something out of!

The whinging from a clearly frustrated Klopp at the end about the VAR decisions was more than a little bemusing as they were clearly the right calls
Which all neutrals seemed to agree with!
You would never have seen Fergie carry on like that if a couple of decisions had gone against him! :p 😏

Well it was an intriguing if not a very peculiar battle at Old Trafford yesterday between the two giants of English football!
United showed some well overdue grit and determination and Liverpool looked strangely subdued and limp when
They had a very real opportunity to put a United team that was severely undermanned and seriously lacking in confidence to the sword!

In the end the Scousers were more than happy to pinch a point from the game, that ultimately left both sets of fans pretty unfulfilled!
United desperately needed the win and for most of the game did what they needed to, but once again defensive frailty let them down!
Still i'm hoping they can take something positive from the contest as at the very least we saw a committed and well organised team effort!

Liverpool will no doubt move on from the fixture just relieved they did not lose, but also more than a little concerned about how they can
Be worked out in a tactical sense for other teams going forward. They were very disappointing in my view in their performance, but when
You have the record they have so far his season, they should be forgiven for one subpar performance which ultimately they still got something out of!

The whinging from a clearly frustrated Klopp at the end about the VAR decisions was more than a little bemusing as they were clearly the right calls
Which all neutrals seemed to agree with!
You would never have seen Fergie carry on like that if a couple of decisions had gone against him! :p 😏
I thought Manu played really well and Ole did a great job tactically. Probably the best team we’ve played this season, which makes Manu’s season to date all the more confusing.
Our midfield got smashed in the first half but looked much better when Ox and Keïta came on, which was way too late. As you’d shut down our two fullbacks, it looked an obvious move to me.
We really missed not having Shaq to fill in for Salah, it meant Mané and Firmino couldn’t play their usual games.
Atkinson was pathetic but the VAR decisions were correct and the result a fair one. I think Fergie would have had a bit to say 😊

I thought Manu played really well and Ole did a great job tactically. Probably the best team we’ve played this season, which makes Manu’s season to date all the more confusing.
Our midfield got smashed in the first half but looked much better when Ox and Keïta came on, which was way too late. As you’d shut down our two fullbacks, it looked an obvious move to me.
We really missed not having Shaq to fill in for Salah, it meant Mané and Firmino couldn’t play their usual games.
Atkinson was pathetic but the VAR decisions were correct and the result a fair one. I think Fergie would have had a bit to say 😊
Yeah i agree! He would have had plenty to say! I was being facetious!
Was glad not to see bloody Shaquiri again....He always kills us!

Nice to get the win but I'm not sure if we're going to get away with that midfield set-up much longer. Henderson is badly out of form, even the goal he got came off his shin!
Yeah , they have to start playing someone else until he regains his form . There must be better options .

If you get chance to see a replay of the Liverpool vs Arsenal game in the Carabao cup have a look. One of the craziest/brilliant goal fests you’ll ever see

I watched the highlights today, ridiculous game. As an Arsenal fan I feel a bit hard done by to lose the lead so late to that goal, but basically it was a toss up all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its early in the season but I’m going to stick my neck out already and predict we will finish higher than Watford this season . I know its crazy to make that claim so early but I have a feeling in my guts that tells me we might have them covered .

Amazing how much criticism Rashford cops. He turned 22 yesterday...more of this thanks, what a talent he is.

I’m no expert at goalkeeping but what was the Chelsea keeper doing so far over the other side ? Is that normal position for a free kick from there ? Obviously you guys know more than me but was that a stuffup ? Still a great goal though , I like Rashford , dont know why he cops criticism , looks a great player to me .

I’m no expert at goalkeeping but what was the Chelsea keeper doing so far over the other side ? Is that normal position for a free kick from there ? Obviously you guys know more than me but was that a stuffup ? Still a great goal though , I like Rashford , dont know why he cops criticism , looks a great player to me .

Actually just watching the replay from the other angle he’s not so far over , that first footage he looks too far over to one side . Don’t think any goalie could save that .

Belief is such a powerful thing. At first it was just Klopp talking, but after the last 12 months any Liverpool player would always feel that they will eventually win even if they are losing right up til the last possible moment.

Of course they will lose now and then but they will never feel that they *can't*.

Now I finally understand that Fergie quote about his team never losing but rather just running out of time.

Such a privilege to witness the Kloppification of Liverpool, god knows how they'll replace him when he eventually moved on.

I agree, wasn’t great positioning by the goalie. Probably wants to encourage Rashford to shoot that side but gave him too much room. Great strike by Rashford though and may still have beaten the keeper regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back