Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We might not be far behind them my friend!
More points dropped at home with a frustrating 2-2 draw!
Was about to say it's getting ugly man, but that happened quite a while back now!

Tis most disturbing to see what we have become
This club is in freefall and i don't think they see it at the moment!
Something's got to give pretty soon me thinks. Ole has been set up to fail in my view!

It's going to take something pretty special to turn this massive Ship ( Titanic ) around!
Wanted to personally punch Woodward in the face last week, after seeing those pics of him abusing Fergie!
Gotta Get that pompous Snake out of our club!

On the tram home from the match. It's below freezing and I'm not happy. It's six league wins in the last 23 games. I agree, he's been shafted by the board and we are a shambles. Ole needs results asap; perhaps Pochettino will soon be here? I just don't know, the club seems adrift and aimless.

On the tram home from the match. It's below freezing and I'm not happy. It's six league wins in the last 23 games. I agree, he's been shafted by the board and we are a shambles. Ole needs results asap; perhaps Pochettino will soon be here? I just don't know, the club seems adrift and aimless.

More or less adrift and aimless than Arsenal? We sacked the manager but today's result suggests that most of the players are worth sacking too.

I don't know that I agree with the "real trouble" bit, definitely real temporary trouble but both are big enough that they'll be fine eventually. Sometimes it just takes longer than we all want, that's all.

Arsenal haven't won a league game in two months. They are eighth, United ninth - that's real trouble for two such huge clubs. Once you lose momentum it's very difficult to win back in such a competitive league. At least Arsenal have acted by sacking Emery; if I were them, I would go for Brendan Rodgers.

Poch would be a great fit for Man Utd I reckon.

Arsenal haven't won a league game in two months. They are eighth, United ninth - that's real trouble for two such huge clubs. Once you lose momentum it's very difficult to win back in such a competitive league. At least Arsenal have acted by sacking Emery; if I were them, I would go for Brendan Rodgers.
The many big parallel's i see with United and Arsenal is that somehow both clubs had allowed their squads
To get as low in general quality as i can ever remember....Both clubs have not shown clear direction in the transfer market in recent years
And have looked completely aimless and lost since losing their long time legendary managers
Plus i believe they have both taken their eye off what it's all about at board level with dubious priorities..... When Winning is really all that matters!

Throw in the added burden that both clubs share a bond where whatever really classy players they have
They are all either Prima Donna's United-Pogba Lindgard Arsenal Aubemyang-Ozil or mentally soft/injury prone as in
United Martial-Shaw-Bailly and Arsenal with Lacazette and their Captain!

The many big parallel's i see with United and Arsenal is that somehow both clubs had allowed their squads
To get as low in general quality as i can ever remember....Both clubs have not shown clear direction in the transfer market in recent years
And have looked completely aimless and lost since losing their long time legendary managers
Plus i believe they have both taken their eye off what it's all about at board level with dubious priorities..... When Winning is really all that matters!

Throw in the added burden that both clubs share a bond where whatever really classy players they have
They are all either Prima Donna's United-Pogba Lindgard Arsenal Aubemyang-Ozil or mentally soft/injury prone as in
United Martial-Shaw-Bailly and Arsenal with Lacazette and their Captain!

The atmosphere at Old Trafford today was unsettled. The fans would never turn on Ole, such is the affection for him, but everyone feels the current situation is unacceptable. The only way out is a great manger who is proven and a lot of money to fix the squad.

Money has been spent at Old Trafford. Arsenal and Manchester United are making many of the same mistakes made by Liverpool between 2009 and 2015. Once a manager receives time and support to build something, then those two clubs will return to where they once were.

But take your time, guys.

Poch would be a great fit for Man Utd I reckon.
Yeah possibly but i wasn't too impressed with the way he carried himself in the last 12 months!

And to make matters even more galling is that next week they face a resurgent Spurs under Jose of all people
Could well be the death knell for Ole! I was thinking more Postecoglou! ;)
In all seriousness they could do worse! Probably end up being Big Sam the way we are going!

I see that Van Der Sar has recommitted to Ajax, so he wont be taking the Director of Football position
That has been vacant for god knows long....I'd get Cantona in as their new director for Footballing philosophy
Put a good team around him, then scout down the best manager that suits possible!
Maybe Poch, maybe Allegri or see if they can turn Simeone's head!
And get rid of Woodward...Least out of all Football matters and hopefully the rumours about the Glaziers possibly
Being willing to sell come true and we get some really benevolent backer or group that actually care about
The Clubs values, success and what it stands for!

Yeah possibly but i wasn't too impressed with the way he carried himself in the last 12 months!

And to make matters even more galling is that next week they face a resurgent Spurs under Jose of all people
Could well be the death knell for Ole! I was thinking more Postecoglou! ;)
In all seriousness they could do worse! Probably end up being Big Sam the way we are going!

I see that Van Der Sar has recommitted to Ajax, so he wont be taking the Director of Football position
That has been vacant for god knows long....I'd get Cantona in as their new director for Footballing philosophy
Put a good team around him, then scout down the best manager that suits possible!
Maybe Poch, maybe Allegri or see if they can turn Simeone's head!
And get rid of Woodward...Least out of all Football matters and hopefully the rumours about the Glaziers possibly
Being willing to sell come true and we get some really benevolent backer or group that actually care about
The Clubs values, success and what it stands for!
I think Poch is good at building teams and taking them a step up. He did it at Southampton and he took Spurs to a Champions League final which is just nuts IMO.

I think Ole has done a good job of flushing out the deadwood at Man U. Poch I think would have the backing of the board financially and it'd be a project he would be perfect for. Either there or Arsenal but he has said he'd never do that to Tottenham so who knows...

Not sure if this has been posted here before - "If AFL clubs were EPL teams"

St Kilda Saints – Bournemouth

St-Kilda-Bournemouth.png
Both of these clubs are based on the seaside to relatively little fanfare.

Bournemouth’s stadium is the smallest in the Premier League, accommodating just 11,329 people.

Similarly, the Saints are one of the smallest clubs in Melbourne and are often ignored in favour of focus being applied to bigger clubs in town.

Both sides also have relatively fun yet flawed lists.

Watching the likes of Jack Billings, Jade Gresham and Nick Hind run with pace can be a thrilling, yet at times frustrating experience.

Similarly, Josh King, Ryan Fraser and Callum Wilson can play with pace and flair, yet they may go missing for long stretches, turning Bournemouth games into occasionally dour affairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh how sweet it is! :fist:

Seems like there is life in those grand old Red Devils yet!
Always sweet to put the noisy neighbours back in their box
On their own dunghill! True natural order is restored for today anyway!
Manchester is as it should always be Red Again! ❤

Even if it does help out bloody Liverpool!
City can't win it i wouldn't think from here!

Title race has been over for weeks but it's even more over now.

Yes, it would certainly appear to be “all over but the shouting” LFC are in a rich vein of form and playing some wonderful football. More importantly they’re getting results when not always playing particularly well.
However, they have a whole pile of games to get through in the next couple of months and I’m personally of the opinion that if Herr Klopp can negotiate this busy period, then the title can be theirs. (at present it’s theirs to lose, simple as that)

Well played Man U , looks like Man City are just expecting to win these days . It happens when a club has a lot of success very quickly although I don’t think they have won the champions league which is surprising given the squad they have had .

Man U have had an ordinary start to the year but they were still good enough to beat City . I wonder how far City will drop this season .

Lecister are Liverpool’s only real opponent already at the stage and they are playing well . My heart still goes out to their team and fans after their owner was killed in that helicopter crash.
I clicked on a video a few weeks ago and thought I would see what we were shown at the time as we were told there was no full video of the copter going down but this one showed it . It took off, everything thing seemed right as it rose above the stands , then all of a sudden it started to spin and went down like a rock . Luckily it crashed the other side of the stand so we didn’t see the impact but I pretty sure everyone would have been dead on impact as it went down so fast . I remember at the time some people were saying what a great pilot to head the copter away from people but watching the video it was clear he had absolutely no control and it dropped in seconds .

Anyway, I’m glad the team are fighting on .

After last seasons magical year at the top it’s hard to figure why City , Spurs and even Man U have dropped away so badly . I know some Man U supporters on here were very unhappy with their teams choice of recruits. Is that a manager decision or do they have a team of recruiters like in the AFL . I think I was sucked in by all the talk of Harry Maguire stiffing up their defence . Still you can’t blame one new recruits for how they have played at times this year . I’m a big fan of Rashford but he needs more help from somewhere. It seems the unlimited funds United used to have have dried up and they are struggling to get those big names they used to get every season .

City and Spurs have played some truely horrible football at times this season . I’m no expert but Spurs seem to rely on Son and Kane to get them going . But there has been little sign of the teamwork they had for the first three quarters of last season .

With City , their awesome mids and strikers have all been off the boil so far this season . Are they too concerned about winning the Champions Cup ? The way they are playing I would be surprised if they made the final .

Still , there is a long way to go and I’m not called a league win for a Liverpool yet , and I won’t unless it becomes physically impossible for them to lose it . It’s strange though because we didn’t splash out on big name recruits this season either but the ones we have picked up over the last few seasons have been fantastic.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Poch had lost the players a little bit and definitely had messed around with the formation a bit too much to try and solve defensive deficiencies. Jose has the team built around a spine of Dele Alli and Harry Kane and everything built around that. And Spurs schedule isn't too packed so I can see the resurgence continuing.

It's funny as the table rounds into shape - looks like it will be the big six, Leicester and Wolves rounding out the top eight pretty soon with one unlucky team (probably Wolves but possibly Arsenal) missing out on European Football.

Interesting times at my club. Big Dunc lifted the passion levels and restored some pride in playing for “The grand old team” I thought Marco Silva had similarities to Alan Richardson....i/e: “nice guy, can’t coach to save his life” I wish him well, but can’t say I’m sorry to see him leaving.
Carlo Ancelotti has a great coaching pedigree, it remains to be seen if he can revive the fortunes of a once-great and powerful club. For Evertonians’ sake I wish him well! COYB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back