Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

I am trying to become at peace with the situation and see the bigger picture. It isn't easy, but I shall prevail:

Cheers mate

UDoajrG.jpg

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Newcastle aren't going to be relegated. Good year. I think we are about to go on a buying spree too.
I can just picture you topless with your guts hanging out at St James Park Gringo!

Your too cultured to be affiliated with the mad Geordie mob!
But then again I am far too smart and delusionary arrogant to have ever fallen in love with the Saints.
Yet here we are! 🤔

I can just picture you topless with your guts hanging out at St James Park Gringo!

Your too cultured to be affiliated with the mad Geordie mob!
But then again I am far too smart and delusionary arrogant to have ever fallen in love with the Saints.
Yet here we are! 🤔

They went okay in the 90s. Once Shearer went they turned to s**t. My old man's family are from Newcastle, not that I knew that when I chose the Magpies. I had friends who talked me into them back then. It was NU, Sheffield Wednesday or Hammers. Newcastle seemed the best of a bad lot.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
They went okay in the 90s. Once Shearer went they turned to sh*t. My old man's family are from Newcastle, not that I knew that when I chose the Magpies. I had friends who talked me into them back then. It was NU, Sheffield Wednesday or Hammers. Newcastle seemed the best of a bad lot.
Yeah when you put it like that,it seems an obvious choice. One club named after hump day and the other one forever blowing bubbles of shite!
Newcastle have got a big following and played some good stuff in the mid 90's till Kevin Keegan lost the plot and proclaimed on national TV that he would absolutely love it if they could beat United to the title after being 11 points clear in February!

Enter King Cantona who almost singlehandedly drove us to a divine premier league/ FA Cup double culminating in the great man scoring a brilliant winner in the last minute of the FA Cup final against Liverpool who famously turned up wearing white suits before the game. Obviously in reference to their metrosexual team and a symbol of surrender to the King!

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I waited up until 4am to see the mighty saints knock off Man City. Sat through the largely dull Liverpool vs Villa game. At game's end Michael Owen did some analysis of the difference that Firmino brought when he replaced Origi. It was quite insightful and showed the importance of even the most subtle sacrificial movements forward of the ball to create space. It would be a good clip for StK's forwards coach to use to highlight the importance of being conscious of leading patterns.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Good performance and result for United at Villa Park. It was never a penalty for our first goal, but we played well. Champions League qualification is in our control now, with Leicester at home the final game of the season. Seventeen games unbeaten now and Southampton at home next Monday. Special mention to young Mason Greenwood for his impact up front.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Good performance and result for United at Villa Park. It was never a penalty for our first goal, but we played well. Champions League qualification is in our control now, with Leicester at home the final game of the season. Seventeen games unbeaten now and Southampton at home next Monday. Special mention to young Mason Greenwood for his impact up front.
The boy Greenwood certainly has some eye for a goal!
This current United side looks beautifully balanced and ready to challenge now next season!
Maybe another quality Centre Back and a class winger wouldn't hurt! But the midfield woes seem to be behind us now with the inclusion of the superb Bruno Fernandes and even Pogba looks rejuvenated with such class to play with!

Time for an ad .
Everyone needs to put together a side of the best Saints players you have ever seen . No restrictions, don’t have to worry about team balance, but try to have players in the spot where they played as much as possible.
Remember, you can only pick players who you have seen play for the Saints live . So if you never saw Plugger play for the Saints then you can’t pick him .
Send your teams to me when you are done and I will read them out on the next podcast next week .
Just a bit of fun but it will be interesting to see teams from old guys like me and younger guys that are on here too .

Could there be a forward line of Plugger , Loewe , G-Train , Reiwoldt, Hamill and Milne , interesting thought lol. With Plugger G-train and Hamill we might not win ever game but we will win every fight , especially if you have Barry Hall on the bench lol.

Ok back to the soccer . Devastated we were done by Arsenal this morning . Blown our chance at beating Man City’s record but I guess it’s hard to be at their best once the pressure was off by winning the title . We really needed some team to be just a few points behind us like Man City and Liverpool last season . Especially when sides like Arsenal are fighting for a spot in a Europe next year .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It must be about that time of the year when the press start those stories about a break away league with all the big name teams in it . Seems every season it comes up . It’s like here when a federal election is looming the press start talking about the possibility of the Very Fast Train being built , lol, it’s never going to be done here as we don’t have the population to justify the cost .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Final table:

Champions - Liverpool
Second - Manchester City
Third - Manchester United
Fourth - Chelsea

Top four qualify for Champions League 2020-21

Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur (fifth and sixth) qualify for the Europa League.

Relegated - Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich City.

From a Man United perspective, I am very happy with third, given our poor start, and we are still in the Europa League this season. Congratulations to Liverpool - Klopp is a great manager - though it hurts to say.

Just ordered a long sleeve Van Dijk jersey to remember the season. Kind of hoped we lost against Newcastle because it'd be nice to end the title winning season on 96 points. I guess to lift the trophy on 96 is nice though.

Should we have a bigfooty Saints fantasy league?

I set it up with 11 days to go this year. I’m not even sure who won last season. I’d forgotten all about it after the lockdown. I still made the top three.

Here‘s the code:

4a0hjp

Just go here. https://fantasy.premierleague.com
It’s all pretty self explanatory.

Just post the name of your team here so we can keep track of who’s who.

kft
Manager - Queens Road Rangers.

Back