Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see the Hammers up to 5th at the moment although Man C , Man U and AV all have a game in hand which could completely change the top 7 again .
AV and Leicester totally blew a chance to go back to the top or near the top by both losing . What a strange season it is becoming .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disappointing loss for Everton . I thought they would win as they have been playing some great football recently. It would have put them second just behind Liverpool .

Man U playing Villa at the moment, huge clash . 0-0 about 27 mins first half . Man U go top if they win .

This season is shaping up as fantastic, hope all these challenges for the top spots continue all season .

I am quite dismayed by this thread because any non-English St Kilda supporter should be following Southampton given they red white & black and carry the Saints moniker

Saints or nothing ........ New Orleans in NFL as well

I laugh at mates who follow ManU, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City or Chelsea ........ nothing but bandwagoning bunch of sheep

Last edited:
I am quite dismayed by this thread because any non-English St Kilda supporter should be following Southampton given they red white & black and carry the Saints moniker

Saints or nothing ........ New Orleans in NFL as well

I laugh at mates who follow ManU, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City or Chelsea ........ nothing but bandwagoning bunch of sheep
Why would Spurs fans be bandwagoners?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There does seem a whole lot more this year. Maybe just some fair weather ones.
Yeah, that seems weird, but I suppose if there is a big 6 then Spurs are in there these days - though for years number 6 was Everton.
My thing was just that they haven't won anything in 50 years. I actually really respect fans that support teams like that. Lot of heartache involved in supporting teams that don't win anything.

I don't support Liverpool because they win things either. Half my family is from northern England so it's just an area thing. Being a St.Kilda supporter I think immediately removes you from any bandwagon labels.

My thing was just that they haven't won anything in 50 years. I actually really respect fans that support teams like that. Lot of heartache involved in supporting teams that don't win anything.

I don't support Liverpool because they win things either. Half my family is from northern England so it's just an area thing. Being a St.Kilda supporter I think immediately removes you from any bandwagon labels.
If you support St Kilda and Everton you've had your heart broken many many times.

I first started supporting Liverpool because my Grandmother came from there and I think on my fathers side my great grandmother and great grandfather came from there .

Why would Spurs fans be bandwagoners?

I'm a City supporter and have been since before this that involved Spurs and City in 1981:

One of my best mates is a Spurs supporter and I can support the fact that they have not had success since then. He goes is as passionate sports supporter as you'll get and if they have success I'll enjoy watching him be up up and about.....even if he has reminded me of that FA Cup win 40 fn years ago.

Not a bandwagon supporter either of us - have suffered a heap of suffering before the recent success. Now everyone presumes I'm a bandwagoner which is lazy!!

I'm a City supporter and have been since before this that involved Spurs and City in 1981:

One of my best mates is a Spurs supporter and I can support the fact that they have not had success since then. He goes is as passionate sports supporter as you'll get and if they have success I'll enjoy watching him be up up and about.....even if he has reminded me of that FA Cup win 40 fn years ago.

Not a bandwagon supporter either of us - have suffered a heap of suffering before the recent success. Now everyone presumes I'm a bandwagoner which is lazy!!

My son chose City when he was about 3 or 4 because he liked their kit. He jumped on just as they became a powerhouse, I tried to steer him away, thinking they were eternal middlers. Last year I bought him a vintage 1990s Shearer Newcastle top as a piss take and he's switched to one of proper shithouse middlers after finding some of our ancestors were from near Newcastle and liking the style of the vintage strip. I thought I'd given him a bad enough time lumping him with the saints, now he's taken on the double.

My son chose City when he was about 3 or 4 because he liked their kit. He jumped on just as they became a powerhouse, I tried to steer him away, thinking they were eternal middlers. Last year I bought him a vintage 1990s Shearer Newcastle top as a piss take and he's switched to one of proper shithouse middlers after finding some of our ancestors were from near Newcastle and liking the style of the vintage strip. I thought I'd given him a bad enough time lumping him with the saints, now he's taken on the double.

You are a cruel man gringo! ;)

If you support St Kilda and Everton you've had your heart broken many many times.

How long have you been an Everton fan? Have you seen a relegation?

Being a Fulham fan is an interesting ride.

Try losing a Europa League final to an offside goal in ET... sandwiched between St Kilda's GF losses.

How long have you been an Everton fan? Have you seen a relegation?

Being a Fulham fan is an interesting ride.

Try losing a Europa League final to an offside goal in ET... sandwiched between St Kilda's GF losses.
I have nothing but admiration for those who support unfashionable clubs in any sport. When you see people with their Man U, Liverpool, Barca, Yankees, etc clobber you wonder whether they know anything about the sport or maybe they are just bandwagoneers. I have always liked Fulham. Louis Saha was a favourite back in the day. I've been a Toffee since 1968.

I have nothing but admiration for those who support unfashionable clubs in any sport. When you see people with their Man U, Liverpool, Barca, Yankees, etc clobber you wonder whether they know anything about the sport or maybe they are just bandwagoneers. I have always liked Fulham. Louis Saha was a favourite back in the day. I've been a Toffee since 1968.

Fingers crossed we have enough about us to stay up Dougie :)

I'm liking the way Carlo is setting up your boys at the moment - the steel in midfield with Allan & Doucoure was much needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back