Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not EPL but this is nuts

2nd division team knocking out the reigning European champions.

2nd division in Germany isn't like it is in England, either. Teams are much worse.

Liverpool so low on confidence, they just seem to be trying to walk the ball into the net all the time.
Seems to be the same move, get to the byline and cut it it back or try to find space in the box for a finish from 8 yards out.

TAA and Robertson being off form means that any time they do go for an early cross it's pretty easily dealt with.
Seem to create dozens of chances without really threatening with clear cut opportunities.

Got to assume that they will turn a corner soon but City seem to be hitting form at the right time and rightly massive favourites for the league now.

I predict:
1) City
2) Liverpool
3) United
4) Leicester

I wouldn’t have Liverpool that high , seems the injuries and loss of form have hit at the same time .
1 - City
2 - United
3 - Leicester
4 - Spurs
5 - Liverpool
6 - Villa

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn’t have Liverpool that high , seems the injuries and loss of form have hit at the same time .
1 - City
2 - United
3 - Leicester
4 - Spurs
5 - Liverpool
6 - Villa

Liverpool too good to stay in this slump and Klopp too good a coach IMO.

Surely he has to get some money this window to strengthen given the injuries. Even a couple of loan deals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Liverpool games almost always on a Monday night in Australia, or Sunday for England? Do Liverpool ask for that day when they are doing the fixture like teams request times here in Australia?

Why are Liverpool games almost always on a Monday night in Australia, or Sunday for England? Do Liverpool ask for that day when they are doing the fixture like teams request times here in Australia?

For some reason in the UK Sunday has become the big day for watching what was traditionally a Saturday afternoon game - 'SUPER SUNDAY' it's marketed.
I'd guess that time slot is mainly with Liverpool doing well and with such a big following they put them in the prime time spot.

Usually the 4:30pm Sunday afternoon game (local time) is the marquee game for the week and usually the last game of the round but with COVID and everyone watching on TV I've noticed the fixturing has changed a bit with more later games on Saturday and Sunday night. Which is great for us here in Australia as it means we can watch games in the morning without having to get up at stupid o'clock :).

Liverpool look to have turned a corner and got some confidence back.

Massive game this week against City - if Liverpool don't get a result I can't see City slipping up - but if Liverpool can win it blows the title race open again.

Any Chelsea fans look away now ......

Saw this tweet on twitter and I laughed .

Murdoch vs Zuckerberg feels very much like Chelsea vs Real Madrid in that you just want a 0-0 draw and the stadium to collapse in on itself.

Go Saints! 3-0 with 2 others overruled by VAR (1 controversially). On to Wembley where we famously won the prestigious Johnstone's Paint Trophy! Methinks my English team scrapes the barrel even more than my Australian team!

Well the Super League didn't last very long. Not surprised.

I thought it was going to get done. Actually surprised the backlash actually worked. Funny how we don't give a * what corrupt politicians do, but * with our sport and we'll riot in a pandemic.

FSG, the Glazers and Kroenke need to be stripped of their ownership.

Greedy seppo bastads
It'll happen eventually, they won't be able to mend relationships with the fans after this. Seen their true colours now. Fall out is already underway anyway;

I thought it was going to get done. Actually surprised the backlash actually worked. Funny how we don't give a fu** what corrupt politicians do, but fu** with our sport and we'll riot in a pandemic.
I think we do give a * just the system on the political side is much more entrenched.

Change only happens when it affects their back pocket, in this case they saw the writing on the wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back