English Premier League - Matchday 20 (Second half of the season begins)

At this stage, Who do you think will get relegated? (Pick 3)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha you seem to be melting because of the lack of melts. Keep fishing buddy:D

You've beaten us for the 5th time in 50 games, just enjoy the moment.
To be honest I'm getting the most joy reading arsenal forums of all places. Identity crisis, they didn't know who to cheer and who they wanted to win.

I sometimes wonder if Chelsea/Tottenham is more of a commotion than Arsenal/Tottenham...

I dunno, being beat by the club you detest the most...

"3 point lane" they called it. One Chelsea win there in 11 seasons came the reply.

And the funny thing is that the two times that they did lose in those 11 seasons happened to be the title winning ones as well. You won the battle, but they won the war, and if things keep going the way they do, it will be the same thing again.

I sometimes wonder if Chelsea/Tottenham is more of a commotion than Arsenal/Tottenham...

And the funny thing is that the two times that they did lose in those 11 seasons happened to be the title winning ones as well. You won the battle, but they won the war, and if things keep going the way they do, it will be the same thing again.
They've lost five times in 11 matches,not twice.

Said i would've taken a point before the game but we just weren't at the races, didn't play the same effort and intensity we had previously.

Still 5 points clear on top so totally in our hands given we still have to play Liverpool,Arsenal,City and United in the run home.

Rodgers is gonna go on forever about how we screwed him over by overruling not signing Alli when he signed shite like Benteke

Wasn't Benteke a transfer committee signing that Rodgers explicitly didn't want? Or am I thinking of Balo?

Haha, it sort of ties in with what I posted earlier about setups. On paper our best XI can match it with almost any talent-wise. But our weaknesses - e.g. Ramsey on the wing, Walcott in general play (yes, even though he has been scoring), an aging Monreal with poor cover from our DM/LM - get exploited far too easily. Lack of structure, Wenger being poor tactically, Wenger playing favourites out of position and not suited to the opposition, etc all contribute.

A group of Alexis, Giroud, Perez and Welbeck is well and good, but what's the point when Walcott's touching the ball 10 times a match, or Ramsey's continually drifting central and crowding Ozil's space, or Ox just totally goes missing? What's Alexis going to do at CF when the setup behind him is getting destroyed by City or Everton away and the manager isn't changing things?

Poch isn't perfect either, I'm aware of criticism re: his in-game tactics and when games aren't working out, but he has both man-management and setup/formation sorted nicely. He is why Spurs are slightly ahead of us on-field at the minute
i think its a combination of his man management/formation and our starting XI.
Alli, Kane and Eriksen attacking
Wanyama and Dembele holding down the middle
Rose and Walker down the flanks, even if Walker gets a little ambitious with his crossing ability
Dier, Verts, Alder in defence
Lloris in goal.

Its the best starting lineup we've had in a long time.

Haha it must be a strange feeling for them with us 2 sitting above them. They'd be torn.
Most won't care about us atm, they'll still have this belief they'll finish higher. Eventually it'll reach the breaking point where our year on year improvements in many key metrics (goals scored/conceded, points per game, points v top 6 rivals) meets their continued stagnation. Maybe that's when the penny drops with their board/Arsene etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be mean. Let WR celebrate winning this season's cup final for Spurs.
No no no. The cup final is at Anfield when Janssen scores the winner and Jodly dies a little inside :D

To be fair Janssen scoring any goal would be like a cup final win for Spurs fans at this stage.
He has scored 3. However, long term he'll be fine. Every player who comes in struggles in the beginning, apparently the training regime is a shock to the system. Sissoko has only just adjusted, took other just as long as well.

Liverpool fans are happy tonight, but they shouldn't be. Even though they have gained a point on Chelsea this round, Chelsea have played perhaps their hardest remaining fixture, while Liverpool played relegation threatened Sunderland. You can spin it how you want, but this round was a disaster for you
Chelsea still need to come to Anfield. Obviously not great to drop points to Sunderland, but we closed the gap all the same. Chelsea's streak is over. Let's see if they wobble. We're still in a great position.

Spurs were a better side than us last season, and it's probably the same this season. Only a choke (i.e. the last 3 games of last season) would see them finish below us I feel. Poch is a fantastic manager and that's the difference between the sides.
Have you thought about ultra trolling Spurs by retiring Wenger and signing Poch.

The melts would be all time.

Do any Tottenham fans on here read The Fighting utensil? Are the posters in the matchday threads on that site always so f***ing psycho?
I'm on that forum. Some of them are mental tbh. Generally a meltdown or fight in every thread but it's funny to read. I don't get involved in those though

Back