English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

United haven't ever really recovered since Ferguson left. They are the big club they once were by name only now.

They're not competing for the title but IMO they're now doing the right thing in developing young talent.

Will Ole be given the time to rebuild the club via youth, much like Klopp and Liverpool have done ?

They certainly don't want to end up like another fallen big name club Arsenal, mired in mediocrity for over a decade now.

There is rumours of Zlatan wanting to return to MUFC. Not really sold on that tbh, has been an amazing player, but I feel like he is past his best

Will Ole be given the time to rebuild the club via youth, much like Klopp and Liverpool have done ?

Sadly I cannot be confident with this club. As you said earlier, the issues start a lot higher up the tree than Ole.

It was a dubious decision to appoint Ole, but now we've gone down that path I certainly hope he is given the time and support required. There is no use committing to a plan if you're going to s**t the bed at the first speed hump.

We bought James, AWB and Maguire in this transfer window. All are very good additions IMO, though the decision to hold off on the Maguire transfer until the last minute was absurd.

At the other end of the spectrum, we've allowed Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku go without bringing anything in by way of replacements. Regardless of what you think of those players, they needed replacing, and you cannot rely on youth to do that alone. That's just madness.

So we're in a great position now with our youth, though we don't have anywhere near the required experience to support them and allow them to develop properly.

Next to go has to be Pogba IMO. Absolutely love him but it is very clear he wants out and when he's not having fun he's simply awful. Someone will pay huge for him and you can set the club up incredibly well with the money you get for him, if you use it wisely.

I am probably biased re: Zlatan as he's my all-time favorite. Loved when we got him to the club in the first place, hated when he hurt himself. Absolutely I'd bring him back if he wanted to come. No doubt he's well past his best, but the bloke just knows how to score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lousy decision by Tottenham to give Poch the flick. Would have thought getting them into their first champions league final would have bought him a bit more time. Obviously not.
As a Spurs fan I gutted with the decision. Yes we are in a bit of a form slump but we still on track to make it through the group stages of the Champions league plus we have had some injury issues.

Poch was a gentleman and he when he first started at Spurs he said his goal was to make sure the team played attractive football that the fans would be proud of. He certainly did that.

Lousy decision by Tottenham to give Poch the flick. Would have thought getting them into their first champions league final would have bought him a bit more time. Obviously not.
As a Spurs fan I gutted with the decision. Yes we are in a bit of a form slump but we still on track to make it through the group stages of the Champions league plus we have had some injury issues.

Poch was a gentleman and he when he first started at Spurs he said his goal was to make sure the team played attractive football that the fans would be proud of. He certainly did that.
This is a subject where I have plenty of experience. I’m a Sunderland supporter.

I hope Spurs do better than the Lads are doing. I wonder if the Board and Administration consult before making these decisions.

What sort of stability is being pursued by taking a decision which will cause instability? This merry-go-round of management intrigues me as I think, in most cases, the change is counter productive.

Does anyone ask the players? Brand me with a hot poker if I’m wrong. Sunderland’s decent players are playing like donkeys at the moment. The only reason I can put my finger on is that a manager who they liked got the arse.

My view is tell the abusive fans to shut the * up. If they don’t like what’s happening then stay at home. They’re only having a negative impact and shouldn’t be welcome.

Rather enjoyed watching the Man Utd v Liverpool game this morning.

Many are saying it's the worst loss in Utd's history, certainly can never remember them getting so brutally humiliated at Old Trafford.

Impossible to see Ole surviving much longer as manger. They are likely out of contention for the Title, at this early stage of the season.

Ronaldo looks cooked to me. Should have been sent off too