English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't been done any favours with the first month of the fixture.
Just played Arsenal away - we play Spurs away week 3 and then Leicester at home in week 4.

That is a big start. If you can win both of those you'll be in good stead for the rest of the season though. That would be a massive boost if the club can manage that.

It'll be interesting to see how the Spurs handle this season after last seasons embarrassment. Finishing third when they were in a two horse race for the league title :drunk:.

Mahrez has signed a contract extension at Leicester.

Will be interesting to see if he honours that contract or if it's simply a move to get Leicester more money in a transfer.
No player honours their contract in full unless they plan on moving on a free transfer.

He won't hang around the whole time but there's no release clause in his contract which is great for the club.

2 games in and Sunderland is in the relegation zone. The pre-season was disrupted by the FA pinching our Manager. Five new players have been signed. Lots of injuries and intrigue. Sunderland managed to settle its back four at the end of last season. The centre backs Kaboul and Kone provided stability. 2 games in and Kaboul's gone to Watford and Kone is sooking because he wants to go to Everton. Initially he was sooking because he was promised a new contract. Sunderland offered him a new contract doubling his weekly pay and he knocked it back. He followed this effort with a self diagnosed 'back injury' that kept him out of the game against Middlesborough. Poor form as far as I'm concerned. M'Vila is a priority and I'm not sure what's holding up the transfer. Moyes has a different approach which sees Borini and Khazri on the bench at the moment. Southhampton away this week. A point would be nice!

I'm guessing Jatz will be pretty happy this morning.

The Champions League draw was announced early this morning & Leicester couldn't have asked for a better one IMO.

They sit in Group G with Porto, Club Brugge and FC Copenhagen - all tricky sides to play against, but none are powerhouses of world football.

It'll obviously be tough for Leicester to advance beyond the group stage - European competition is very tough regardless of the opposition - but they're in as good a position as they could have possibly hoped for. It'll be fascinating to see how they go.

Happy to see Wenger FINALLY make a purchase.

Mustafi and Perez are great signings. Should solidify us in the top 4 at least now. I'd put us at 3, behind Utd and City.

Particularly happy with the Mustafi signing. 35m is a bargain when you consider Stones was 50m! Mustafi is the much better player. He just didn't have the English native premium added to his price tag.

Back 4 is pretty stout now.. Monreal Mustafi Koscielny Bellerin
........................................................Cech

WITH BFG, Gabriel, Holding and Gibbs providing great depth (when they're fit...):thumbsu:

I'm guessing Jatz will be pretty happy this morning.

The Champions League draw was announced early this morning & Leicester couldn't have asked for a better one IMO.

They sit in Group G with Porto, Club Brugge and FC Copenhagen - all tricky sides to play against, but none are powerhouses of world football.

It'll obviously be tough for Leicester to advance beyond the group stage - European competition is very tough regardless of the opposition - but they're in as good a position as they could have possibly hoped for. It'll be fascinating to see how they go.
Was disappointed more that happy to be honest haha. Chances are we won't play in it again, would have preferred a big European side.

If we progress, we still may get that of course.

The transfer window closed with Sunderland signing Didier Ndong and borrowing Jason Denayer for this season. All that time and no goalscorer signed. 8 new players added to the squad. M'Vila was left posting Instagrams from Heathrow and not signed. Mannone is out for months. Pickford better stay fit as he has to learn on the job. Another tough year ahead!

Soooooo, I just became a (very small) part owner in the Lewes football club :D

Who is Lewes? Great question! Fan owned club (obviously) that plays in the 8th tier of the football pyramid.

This gives a really good run down of the club and town:

Anyway, go the Rooks!

Lewes_F.C._logo.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manchester derby was decent. Was weird in the end, scoreline should have been 2-0, but almost as the same time should have been 2-2. Bravo should have killed both those balls, so it should have been 2-0, but he didn't and Zlatan only converted one of the 2 easy-ish chances, so should have been 2-2. Funny ole' game!

Although the output from Pogba and Mkhitarya was very disappointing. Rashford should definitely start ahead of Mkhitarya, for the moment at least. Through 3 games Pogba hasn't lived up to a quarter of his extortionate price tag. He'd want to lift soon or the pressure will start building on him and Mou.

And we know how Mourinho responds to pressure! It aint pretty....

You're not wrong! Woke up early for it and was not disappointed!

Can't really ask for more than a 3-0 away win, in your first game in the Champions League. Hopefully this kick starts our season now!

Perfect start to your European campaign.

Win your next game at home against Porto & you give yourselves a fantastic opportunity to progress beyond the group stage.

Perfect start to your European campaign.

Win your next game at home against Porto & you give yourselves a fantastic opportunity to progress beyond the group stage.
Yep, made even better with Porto and Copenhagen playing out a draw as well. If we somehow get all 3 against Porto, we'd be just about favourites to top the group.

I really hope the players don't get as far ahead of themselves as I do :D