English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremias

Gonna struggle to hold off your lot, I reckon. Gonna be an exciting few months.

Very tight at the top so you're right, it's going to be an exciting couple of months.

We haven't lost in the Premier League since October so we're going along nicely...but still find ourselves stuck in 6th.

Thankfully a couple of teams above us - Liverpool, Arsenal and even City - look to be faltering so there's certainly going to be opportunities for us to break into the top 5 and perhaps higher.

I think you're right - Liverpool seem most susceptible to dropping out of the top handful - but it's going to go right down to the wire.

We're still in contention for 3 trophies + the PL so it's going to be a packed couple of months for us ahead. Liverpool have the 'advantage' there with just the League to worry about now.

Sunderland's away win at Crystal Palace was stunning(certainly stunned me!). 4 first half goals wiped the smile off Big Sam's dial. A loss would have been catastrophic. Still last on the ladder thanks to Liverpool. Another 'six pointer' at home to Southampton next week. Haway the Lads.

Before the season started I thought a sneaky tenner on Leicester being relegated would be a decent bet. From memory it was around 25/1 when I looked.

But then laughed that thought off as ridiculous, no way that would happen, they just won the league. May as well keep my money. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a Sunderland supporter prepares you, immunes system you concerning clubs randomly sacking the manager during the season. The EPL is big business but clearly clubs don't rate the influence of a Manager because they change them like we change our undergarments. However this a new low. Ranieri did the impossible and I can't imagine a scenario where it ends with him being sacked after Leicester City winning an EPL Championship. Strange days indeed!

_95139230_getimage.png

£30M vs. £90M

We've drawn Atletico Madrid in the Champions League.

Can't believe we're the last English side in the Champions League haha.

More importantly, we've had 4 wins on the bounce.
I was really hoping for them to play against one of; Juve, Barca, Real or Bayern.

Not because I wanted them to get belted or anything, but it would've been great for them to play one of Europe's true heavyweights.
Although Atletico aren't exactly a small club and will still be a great experience for them. I look forward to seeing how they get on.

Middleborough 1 Sunderland 0.:'(

This EPL season has been a disaster from start to finish. I blame all and sundry for the Black Cats being relegated to The Championship. Especially Big Sam for his lack of a moral compass which left Sunderland in the lurch before the season started. The English FA for its complicity. David Moyes for taking on a job he was ill suited for. His signings and loan players failed miserably. The players he sent elsewhere or ignored as permanent signings should have been kept or snapped up based on their achievements from the previous season. Hopefully he is not serious in his desire to remain at the club. And the owner Ellis Short (I think). Never prepared to spend the money to buy a decent striker. * off and take your penny pinching ways with you.