Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been inconsistent for decades, going back to Granty being robbed of the Brownlow and Dimma getting rubbed out for tapping a guy in the stomach and missing finals in the 80s. Maybe I can't remember what it was like before then but that was the first time I recall being peed off about it. Seems to be getting worse though.

And a couple of our players getting fined for “intimidation” vs West Coast in 97.

But it got worse the week after when Daniel Southern was suspended for wrestling after he was fined week before in the game I noted above.

97 was a bad year for many reasons.

And a couple of our players getting fined for “intimidation” vs West Coast in 97.

But it got worse the week after when Daniel Southern was suspended for wrestling after he was fined week before in the game I noted above.

97 was a bad year for many reasons.
Dimma was suspended in 97 too. I thought it was earlier. So it was all around this time the tribunal seemed to me to go off the rails.

And here comes the Plastics appeal

Still may get off

unless they can come up with new evidence, I wonder what they are appealing exactly

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL
A Player or the AFL General Manager – Football Operations may appeal the decision of the Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds:
» An error of law has occurred;
» The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it;
» The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive or inadequate;
or
» The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive or inadequate.

Last edited:
unless they can come up with new evidence, I wonder what they are appealing exactly

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL A Player or the AFL General Manager – Football Operations may appeal the decision of the Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds: » An error of law has occurred; » The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it; » The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive or inadequate; or » The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive or inadequate.
Lack of evidence

Wasn’t the sliding rule brought in after the Thomas/ Rohan incident?

Maybe but Lindsay Thomas wasn't a serial slider who deliberately tried to hurt Rohan. Sliding was and remains pretty common, it's just that Thomas had the misfortune to hurt Rohan. In soccer, studs first tackles weren't outlawed until a spate of broken legs; now they're usually a red card offence.

No-one will convince me that karate kicks and eye gouging aren't deliberate, premeditated acts designed to injure.

He’ll get off on appeal for sure, just have to hope he decides to behave himself for once as any incident he could be involved in will be referred back to the last 2 weeks.

I look at what he did to Bont & then what he did to Neale, it was far worse towards Bont & he only got fined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll get off on appeal for sure, just have to hope he decides to behave himself for once as any incident he could be involved in will be referred back to the last 2 weeks.

I look at what he did to Bont & then what he did to Neale, it was far worse towards Bont & he only got fined.
On what grounds will he get off? Haven’t they already made every argument available to them.

Done. You are on the mailing list.

Coming up in the next newsletter, I'll be telling you who will win the Melbourne Cup, when the recession will start in the USA and the year when North Melbourne win their next premiership. [SPOILER ALERT: It is not in this century]

Sorry to impinge upon your time Mr Rot , but can you tell me when Trump will finally be pushed over the precipice?
Thanking you in advance

On what grounds will he get off? Haven’t they already made every argument available to them.

Unreasonable considering the evidence, Neale said he didn’t feel contact to his eyes which is what the charge relates to

Just because they got the Bont decision wrong, they shouldn't be forced to repeat it.

Despite the first one obviously looking worse, I think the difference in the Bont and Neale incidents from the MRO point of view was the immediate reaction from the players (and of course the ridiculous direction from Hocking to push for a fine only).

Despite the scratch under his eye Bont didn't react, whilst Neale immediately grabbed his face in pain, which was enough to nail him on the charge.

Just wish he'd copped 2 weeks to end any chance he had of making it back for the Grand Final should they make it. The thug doesn't deserve to play again this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back