Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatched the Cameron Andrews incident from last year and the Neale vs Port from rd 17 and I reckon that if Greene tries to do some s**t, he's gonna have half the Lions team immediately there to remonstrate. Not to mention that probably 95% of the crowd will go off at him.

Brisbane won't back down.
Hodgey is the one. I nice elbow to the temple in a marking contest.

The person I have the most distaste for is Leon Cameron

He has sh!t on our club since the day he took the reigns of that scumbag joint. Hope he continues to fail and gets the ass and ends up at Deer Park.

Literally couldn’t stand him as a footballer and he is a maggot of a coach.

Quite ironic that a player that was an outside squib who barely took a hit for either club he played for is coaching the dirtiest team in the league.

No but it’s a man’s game and these are finals and there’s no proof yada yada and so proclaimeth Slobbo who just doesn’t understand!

I pretty sure he was the one protesting that soft jumper punches should result in suspensions, but you know, eye gouging and ripping the head of a pinned player on the ground is fine.

Just part of ‘tough guy’ finals I guess.

Quite ironic that a player that was an outside squib who barely took a hit for either club he played for is coaching the dirtiest team in the league.

...and quite obviously a fan of how his side goes about it.

Don't really think I could deal with it if he was ever to return to the Dogs.

Kevin Sheedy is the reason that lot are as filthy as they are.

Sheedy’s Essendon sides right throughout his tenure there were disgraceful.

Thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants, kneeing opponents, snide little hits off the ball, you name it, they did it, all at his direction.

Sheedy takes over the Giants and lo and behold, they turn into thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants etc

I ****ing cannot stand Sheedy, and it nauseates me that he is in the AFL Hall of Fame and that his praises are sung as supposedly one of the great ambassadors of the game.

Thug as a player and a coach who condoned and taught thuggery.

F**k Sheedy.

Thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants, kneeing opponents, snide little hits off the ball, you name it, they did it, all at his direction.

Sheedy takes over the Giants and lo and behold, they turn into thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants etc

I ****ing cannot stand Sheedy, and it nauseates me that he is in the AFL Hall of Fame and that his praises are sung as supposedly one of the great ambassadors of the game.

F**k Sheedy.

You forgot the fact that he was the biggest conman the game has ever seen.

Leaving aside our partisan sense of outrage as Dogs supporters, tonight's outcome just makes no sense from the point of view of jurisprudence, especially when we consider players' salaries are out of all proportion to the meagre fines being dished out. Greene would be earning over $30,000 a game.

If someone fronted a law court on these charges and with a rap sheet as long as Greene's they would quite likely end up with a custodial sentence. The magistrate would surely summarise by saying that fines have clearly had no effect in curbing the errant behaviour.

So we are left wondering whether the AFL's first priority in its judicial system is indeed fair treatment under the laws of the game ... or something else altogether.

Will it get any serious public scrutiny? Highly unlikely.

The fundamental problem (again) is that the AFL is a monopoly and is accountable to no-one, although technically it is accountable to its constituent clubs. And the weaker half of them, including ours, are on dangerous ground if they dare make a public stink. So the AFL can just run its own agenda which, though nominally about sport, is almost entirely about growth and money.

There's an army of journos, celebs, media organisations and others who ride the AFL gravy train and it's not really in their interest to make serious waves about this or any other issue. They see their job as simply to keep the pot boiling, for which they'll be well rewarded. It's not to make life uncomfortable for the AFL.

All this leaves us with a sense of impotent anger. We'd like to be able to turn our backs on the whole business (although it's still seen as a sport by you and me) but we can't because we have such a deep emotional attachment to the club we support.

What a great line of business to be in!

Footy Classified:
“It was all Bont’s fault because Haynes ran into him...”
And they believe that sh1t. And Bartel - seriously I hope someone injures one of his family members tomorrow, and then gets off because it’s “retribution”.

Which family? His new one or the one he's chucked away?

#callmeNadia

I've seen the incident now or perhaps it was edited propaganda, doubled down, rough conduct yes, but
the game was fairly rough lots of blood rules. Pleaded guilty copped his whack no significant damage
done to Bont, when we won weeks earlier Bont was lauded for his aggression before half time and
there was damage done. Even Terry Wallace said a week for the look of the incident, because it was
not a good look, but that game has been bubbling for a few years now, you could smell the tension.

Footy Classified:
“It was all Bont’s fault because Haynes ran into him...”
And they believe that sh1t. And Bartel - seriously I hope someone injures one of his family members tomorrow, and then gets off because it’s “retribution”.
No more playing nice - I want to see Greene and Bartel and Leon Cameron seriously injured, ideally by some falling infrastructure at that sh1t-hole they train at. F*ck em all.
Stop it. Nuffies coming on here will think you're serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How sure are we of the eye gouge? Was it reported on Bonts medical report? The incident certainly looks awful but why wasn’t Bont cause to testify and provide evidence?

It seems there’s this odd code of silence with players sometimes, maybe Bont felt the need to keep quiet about it because of the broken larynx thing...?

I just don’t understand how Gordon and co can sit there and accept a $7500 fine for that.

Leaving aside our partisan sense of outrage as Dogs supporters, tonight's outcome just makes no sense from the point of view of jurisprudence, especially when we consider players' salaries are out of all proportion to the meagre fines being dished out. Greene would be earning over $30,000 a game.

If someone fronted a law court on these charges and with a rap sheet as long as Greene's they would quite likely end up with a custodial sentence. The magistrate would surely summarise by saying that fines have clearly had no effect in curbing the errant behaviour.

So we are left wondering whether the AFL's first priority in its judicial system is indeed fair treatment under the laws of the game ... or something else altogether.

The AFL tribunal is not a court of law or a part of the judicial system. At the end of the day the AFL is really just a business that has the ability to self-regulate. Legal concepts such as jurisprudence, public policy, common law notions justice, checks and balances through the ability to appeal to an independent higher authority, etc do not directly apply.

Not much we can do people. Time to move on

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This. Some of the tripe on the main board really does the Bulldog posters no favors. The result wont be changed, dont get sucked into threads where oppo supporters are there to bait you. As they say "silence is golden"

This. Some of the tripe on the main board really does the Bulldog posters no favors. The result wont be changed, dont get sucked into threads where oppo supporters are there to bait you. As they say "silence is golden"
Most of them seem to think similar to us about it though?

The AFL tribunal is not a court of law or a part of the judicial system. At the end of the day the AFL is really just a business that has the ability to self-regulate. Legal concepts such as jurisprudence, public policy, common law notions justice, checks and balances through the ability to appeal to an independent higher authority, etc do not directly apply.
They don't apply within their own rules [which is part of why people get so peed off with them]. But they could be challenged and I would think successfully

How sure are we of the eye gouge? Was it reported on Bonts medical report? The incident certainly looks awful but why wasn’t Bont cause to testify and provide evidence?

It seems there’s this odd code of silence with players sometimes, maybe Bont felt the need to keep quiet about it because of the broken larynx thing...?

I just don’t understand how Gordon and co can sit there and accept a $7500 fine for that.
To be honest, I don't see evidence of him eye gouging Bonti. I would say it would have been pretty obvious from his reaction if there had been. Still, what he was doing was pretty cowardly and crap and the penalty decision was corrupt.

F**k Sheedy.

To highlight where this comes from I want to recount a story I heard Sheedy share at my footy club (as a guest speaker) nearly 30 years ago.

Sheedy was down from the country to try out with Richmond as a young player.
In a possibles v probables game he was picked (much to his disbelief) for the 'possibles'.

As the game started he copped a whack between the ears.
Thinking not much of it he moved onto the next contest and copped another whack in the back of the head.
Following this he thought right these blokes are going to cop it, so he spent the rest of the game whacking as many players as he could in retaliation.
He claimed he had about 4 possessions and was involved in about 30 incidents of rough play for the game.
At the end of the game Sheedy was walking off thinking 'well that is the end of my Richmond playing days', when Graeme Richardson comes over and says 'well played son, you are going to have a huge future at this club'.

This is a learned behaviour, which sums it up really ...

not a good look, but that game has been bubbling for a few years now, you could smell the tension.

It might have been bubbling and reached a crescendo, but this isn’t the end of it. This ain’t closure. And I do hope that we play the Giants in Melbourne next year. Cancel overseas travel, wedding plans and root canal surgery. The next chapter of this rivalry may yet be the most brutal.

The Plastics will keep.

See ya next time d********

Lions, don’t screw it up.

FWIW if you plead guiltily to serious misconduct and get a $7500...

Gee, that’s a hell of a deterrent :rolleyes:

It might have been bubbling and reached a crescendo, but this isn’t the end of it. This ain’t closure. And I do hope that we play the Giants in Melbourne next year. Cancel overseas travel, wedding plans and root canal surgery. The next chapter of this rivalry may yet be the most brutal.
Bet my left one it's up there again

Guess we will never know as the question was never asked to our medical staff and the one person who should have was the AFL advocate and as reported:

However, he wasn't forced to defend himself from speculation that he eye-gouged Bontempelli, with the AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson QC making no submission about what he believed Greene did with his hands during the incident.

And he is the AFL guy to find the truth.

So then surely it is up to the tribunal members to ask the question? As an outsider we can only assume no one wanted to hear the answer??

Was Bont asked to go along? Maybe he declined? Maybe he wasn't asked? What we do know is we have a player charged and pleaded guilty to a serious misconduct incident yet we do not know what the serious misconduct was.

Now we have the most luckiest player who has been guilty on 17 occasions which include kicking, spitting, slapping, kneeing and multiple striking charges and who has only missed 6 games through suspension. Though there are the fines totalling around $25,000 for a player who would have in excess of a million while playing football. He is only 25 so by the time he retires he will break all sorts of tribunal records.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back