Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread isn’t embarrassing. I feel completely comfortable saying publicly that his behaviour is a disgrace to the game and to sportsmanship in general. Sets a poor example for kids coming through as well. Hope he has a shocker this week and they get knocked out. It’s not ok.
Yes I'm not embarrassed. Too bad it didn't work out as it should have. Dunno why we need to delete threads somebody doesn't like, just don't open them

I think what the poster who called the thread embarrassing was referring to was the wishes for Green to suffer serious injury. The poster is right we shouldn't wish it on anyone and we would all be livid if another fan wished that on our player-. I do hope Green misses the GF though.

Green has been suspended for 1 week
Greater Western Sydney star Toby Greene has reportedly been slapped with a one-match ban from the Match Review Officer.
Cameras caught the midfielder grabbing at the face of Lion Lachie Neale during the club’s semi final win.

Greene was fined $7500 for serious misconduct on the Bulldogs’ Marcus Bontempelli last week after grabbing at his face among other actions, but was not judged to have made contact with his eyes.

GWS star Toby Greene offered one-match ban and could miss preliminary final with Collingwood
Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
September 15, 2019 1:26pm

Subscriber only
Toby Greene has been offered a one-week suspension by the match review panel for his bottom-of-the-pack incident against Lachie Neale.
The league is yet to reveal its full ruling on the Saturday night Lions-GWS clash but Greene has again been offered a suspension.
Greene threw himself onto the pack with Neale on the ground and seemed to grapple with Neale.

Toby's quote from last week, with one small change at the end I added:

"I'd just like to thank the Tribunal for a fair hearing," Greene said afterwards.

"I apologise to Marcus for my actions. Obviously, it was nervous times there and I'm extremely apologetic for what I did, but I can't wait to get out there this Saturday night and do it again"

I just hope that during his suspension that he stays home and watches the game. Don't want him going out and punching up Bouncers.
Thing is he's only a toughguy when the other bloke is at the bottom of a pack or pinned down.

Face to face scrap he'd s**t the bed.

They're going to challenge and decent chance he gets off

Politically - I can't imagine that happening.

It will just look like the AFL is doing GWS too many favours.

He was braindead enough to put himself in the same position again. He'll go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does that “sincere “ apology look now AFL, how stupid do you feel right about now getting sucked in by his sincere apology.

Thug outside the game, thug inside the game and will never change but the AFL response it to accomodate it.

AFL = Fawlty Towers

Last edited:
How does that “sincere “ apology look now AFL, how stupid do you feel about now getting sucked in by his sincere apology.

Thug outside the game, thug inside the game and will never change but the AFL response it to accomodate it.

AFL = Fawlty Towers
I think he will get off. Last weeks footage was much more conclusive than this weeks

I think he will get off. Last weeks footage was much more conclusive than this weeks

Agree but difference is he has been hit with one week he has to defend that he can’t plead guilty like he did last week.

I’m sure everyone noted his remorse and sincere apology also.

Last edited:
If you look at the footage closely he punches Neale in the face. Not sure what all these media peanuts are looking at when they only talk about contact with the face.
Hopefully the AFL does it’s job properly and the grub gets the week.

If you look at the footage closely he punches Neale in the face. Not sure what all these media peanuts are looking at when they only talk about contact with the face.
Hopefully the AFL does it’s job properly and the grub gets the week.

Mediaa agenda to push that he is misunderstood. AFL don't want their chances lessened and I bet will allow a successful appeal.

This news makes me very angry. If the stupid Tribunal did its job properly this thug wouldn't have been on the ground yesterday. To me, this is the AFL admitting that they stuffed up last week and now belatedly they are getting serious about Greene's thuggery. If he gets off this time it will be carte blanche for all sorts of dirty acts under packs.

I think what the poster who called the thread embarrassing was referring to was the wishes for Green to suffer serious injury. The poster is right we shouldn't wish it on anyone and we would all be livid if another fan wished that on our player-. I do hope Green misses the GF though.
Never understood the laughable moral code on bigfooty that you can't "wish injury upon someone".

Someone on the internet wishing injury on a player doesn't mean the ring woman comes out of their TV screens and dices their ankles.

It has no impact on the player whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back