Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

This news makes me very angry. If the stupid Tribunal did its job properly this thug wouldn't have been on the ground yesterday. To me, this is the AFL admitting that they stuffed up last week and now belatedly they are getting serious about Greene's thuggery. If he gets off this time it will be carte blanche for all sorts of dirty acts under packs.

This news makes me happy.

It shows the AFL as a bunch of nuff nuffs AND shows Greene’s sincere apology which the AFL and media took hook line and sinker for what it truely was, it was him sticking up his fingers to everyone saying I got away with it.

This news makes me happy.

It shows the AFL as a bunch of nuff nuffs AND shows Greene’s sincere apology which the AFL and media took hook line and sinker for what it truely was, it was him sticking up his fingers to everyone saying I got away with it.

In any other court or tribunal, if you plead guilty and show remorse you will get a lesser sentence.

However, if you then go out and commit the same crime the following week, they throw the book at you.

In any other court or tribunal, if you plead guilty and show remorse you will get a lesser sentence.

However, if you then go out and commit the same crime the following week, they throw the book at you.

Therefore under the AFL system they will remit his first fine and pay him interest on his moneys and apologise for any inconvenience they have caused him

Slightly off topic and I admit I am biased ....... but.... .
Regarding Danferfield's comments on the Bont not being suspended, am I the only one that thought there was no case to answer? I thought he was slightly late but to me it was as much Haynes' fault as his momentum carried him into the Bont. Anyone else see it that way ?

Regarding Danferfield's comments on the Bont not being suspended, am I the only one that thought there was no case to answer? I thought he was slightly late but to me it was as much Haynes' fault as his momentum carried him into the Bont. Anyone else see it that way ?
Steady, we're just WB apologists for the most heinous act ever committed. Who has ever before had their larynx targeted? Bont is outstanding at most things but pinpointing a guy's larynx is an unexpected ability.

Dangerflog is flog.

Steady, we're just WB apologists for the most heinous act ever committed. Who has ever before had their larynx targeted? Bont is outstanding at most things but pinpointing a guy's larynx is an unexpected ability.

Dangerflog is flog.
The thing is most of the greats have a flag to their name and Danger deep down knows his time is seriously running out. People just don’t see them the same if they don’t (ask Johno and Grant).

Must hurt a bit knowing Bont strolled into one as a 20 year old and still has most of his career ahead of him. I think this is just a bit of that jealousy bubbling over.

Hilarious we now get to have the same convo all over again.

The AFL look gullible af for letting him off with a fine and accepting his comments about regretting it. Dude seriously left thinking he was untouchable and did the exact same thing.

If GWS loses by a kick he will have robbed them of the opportunity (possibly their last with this list) to pinch a flag.

No our coach agrees with you and so do I. But the fact remains if the medical report was in on time Bont would have been suspended so the MRO disagrees with all available evidence. Think we would have appealed though and may have been successful.

My argument was high contact. When did the the neck become reportable high contact? 200 players should have reports for tackling Selwood, Shuey and Toby. And it’s a miracle those guys haven’t had corrective larynx surgery every year for the punishment they’ve taken. Seriously though, that larynx injury was a once in a lifetime event that made the act far worse than it was. It could have happened several times last night as players from both sides laid their forearms into players necks on the ground. It will probably never happen again. Anyway, Haynes is fine with it, Bont contacted him to check on him. He dodged a misdirected bullet and we wait to see the certain complaints from Giants supporters of Bont happens to win the Brownlow! That has almost become an annual event though in recent years as nearly every Brownlow medalist dodges a suspension in his winning year. Could be a good omen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never understood the laughable moral code on bigfooty that you can't "wish injury upon someone".

Someone on the internet wishing injury on a player doesn't mean the ring woman comes out of their TV screens and dices their ankles.

It has no impact on the player whatsoever.

Maybe because it speaks to their *real* morals... (just maybe. And I genuinely can't remember which posters were involved.)

1. I think deep down, behind all the bickering and bullsh1t, we'd all like to think people we go out of our way to communicate with (both on this board and with other supporters) are generally decent guys/girls...

2. Probably more importantly, we're here in this thread condemning an absolute scum bag for his faux tough guy acts...
...height of irony to then wade in on the same level??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the replay. This time they got him cold.

1 week too generous. Way, way too generous.

The AFL House Team would be fools to appeal as loss = double penalty and evidence of what should be a season's ban is incontrovertible. Is this correct?

The AFL House Team would be fools to appeal as loss = double penalty and evidence of what should be a season's ban is incontrovertible. Is this correct?
Loses nothing by challenging. Either gets 1 or gets off

Apparently no increased penalty if they lose an appeal now. Joke* that he only got a week

*Again!

Amazing that
1 Greene is such an ahole
2 They let him get away with it over and over
3 He is so dumb he would do exactly the same thing 2 weeks in a row :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back