Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see it myself, but heard on SEN today that Caro said last night something about Andrew Dillon and Steve Hocking giving the tribunal a directive of giving Greene that fine last week. So much for the independence of the tribunal.

If last week didn’t happen, that would have been the directive this week. Two weeks in a row and same act? Fine becomes suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see it myself, but heard on SEN today that Caro said last night something about Andrew Dillon and Steve Hocking giving the tribunal a directive of giving Greene that fine last week. So much for the independence of the tribunal.
The AFL has obviously learned nothing from the Ian Collins affair then. :(

The AFL has obviously learned nothing from the Ian Collins affair then. :(

Please don't start that one again :)

They really don't seem that bright, car crash of a season for interference and not being able to read the mood of the people this year.

Jack Riewoldt and Treloar giving Greene a fair spray at the moment on 360. “ Never had anyone touch my face in a pack in my whole career , never thought about it happening or doing it, only people he’s hurting is his mates and himself. Absolutely unacceptable. “

Yeah. Was good stuff.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I don't understand this at all, same offence but different outcome. If they gave him carte blanche do it one week, of course he's going to do it again.

Like parenting or teaching, consistency is key.

I don't understand this at all, same offence but different outcome. If they gave him carte blanche do it one week, of course he's going to do it again.

Like parenting or teaching, consistency is key.

I’ve been a teacher for 32 years and at tonight’s staff meeting we were discussing changes to our behaviour policy in light of some of our serial offender kids. Claims of inconsistency were brought up and discussed and I turned to my fellow male colleague with whom I’d had a difference of opinion over Toby yesterday and said exactly my point about Greene yesterday. He finally understood my argument and agreed considering some of his students. The testimony of Greene and Neale sounded like a hundred boys I’ve dealt with over the year. So much BS and inconsistency and contradictions, they ended up doing themselves in. As much as the guy shits me, I genuinely hope this big punishment, which I’ve dealt to kids over the years contrary to the will of colleagues, finally gets through to the dickhead. But it probably won’t, just as it hasn’t for one or two kids a year I’ve taught.

What is it with that s***stain club. Full of arrogant, hyperactive, unhinged, entitled tools.

But he’s a good bloke according to Robbo and bad things don’t happen to good blokes do they?

If Robbo writes a glowing reference in 2016 for you, then surely you get off.
Wait what was the reference for, when he bashed the bouncer?

I’m not sure the tribunal was even able to suspend him. AFL counsel went in saying that he should get a fine between $5000 and $7500. Do they even have the power to give them more than what the prosecution is asking for?

Im talking about the entire match review and tribunal system. Last weeks absurdity of having the prosecuting counsel arguing on behalf of the defendant has laid bare the corruption at the very heart of the people empowered with running the game. Its pretty clear that the AFL engineered last weeks verdict without taking into account Tobes' inherent recidivist idiocy and like day following night, or GWS crashing out in a preliminary final it inevitably and so very quickly blew up in the faces of an administration that is desperate for their very own franchise to succeed and just exposes the joke that the entire football judicial system has always been to endless and deserved amounts of ridicule. These clowns are very fortunate that the game is imbedded deep into peoples psyches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a teacher for 32 years and at tonight’s staff meeting we were discussing changes to our behaviour policy in light of some of our serial offender kids. Claims of inconsistency were brought up and discussed and I turned to my fellow male colleague with whom I’d had a difference of opinion over Toby yesterday and said exactly my point about Greene yesterday. He finally understood my argument and agreed considering some of his students. The testimony of Greene and Neale sounded like a hundred boys I’ve dealt with over the year. So much BS and inconsistency and contradictions, they ended up doing themselves in. As much as the guy s**ts me, I genuinely hope this big punishment, which I’ve dealt to kids over the years contrary to the will of colleagues, finally gets through to the dickhead. But it probably won’t, just as it hasn’t for one or two kids a year I’ve taught.

Without meaning to get off topic, I'm a casual relief teacher & the schools with the best discipline policies have very clear guidelines. They write down all the possible offences e.g. swearing, spitting and then detail the punishment that goes next to it. e.g. sent to another classroom/ off to assistant principal / form to parents filled out. The worst schools to CRT in are those with vague policies and/or inconsistently applied.

The AFL need a similar system. The thing about Greene is that his offences are so alien to our game that the AFL has to change the rules just for him. No other player in history karate kicks in a marking contest. A player in a Friday night game got pinged for high feet this year, but as the C7 ex-player commentators pointed out it was nothing like Greene's, just feet in the back. The way marks have been taken for time immemorial.

Similarly, there isn't an offence that details eye gouging because no-one else does it. It's completely foreign to our game. w***er$ in thugby are famed for it in the bottom of their horrible mauls; does Greene have a rugby background? The closest thing was Judd's chicken wing, which was also universally condemned.

This could be the second time a rule is changed just for one player. That's two times too many. Someone from his club needs to step in before he hurts someone, or gets seriously hurt himself. As fun as it would be to see Naughton go Barry Hall on him, we'd be without our star forward for numerous weeks.

year when North Melbourne win their next premiership. [SPOILER ALERT: It is not in this century]

Yay!

If you could confirm the year as being “never” - due to either crapness on their behalf or civilisation ceasing in 50 years due to the climate being screwed - I’ll bankroll your newsletter for the next few years.

Im talking about the entire match review and tribunal system. Last weeks absurdity of having the prosecuting counsel arguing on behalf of the defendant has laid bare the corruption at the very heart of the people empowered with running the game. Its pretty clear that the AFL engineered last weeks verdict without taking into account Tobes' inherent recidivist idiocy and like day following night, or GWS crashing out in a preliminary final it inevitably and so very quickly blew up in the faces of an administration that is desperate for their very own franchise to succeed and just exposes the joke that the entire football judicial system has always been to endless and deserved amounts of ridicule. These clowns are very fortunate that the game is imbedded deep into peoples psyches.
They are also fortunate that nearly all the media are too cosy with the AFL to call them out on their wide-ranging shortcomings, mismanagement and ... maybe worse things (?)

Let’s at least hope that we can look to the independent commentators and websites for some enlightened commentary.

I have a feeling in my waters that Greene WILL be rubbed out.

He got a ridiculous Get Out of Jail card from the AFL system last week ****ing with Bont's head. Big mea culpa from Greene. Free to play the Lions.

So the following week he basically thumbs his nose at the AFL and its disciplinary system, and does it again.

Big test for the AFL. Dont think they will take that s**t from Greene.

He will be rubbed out.

Great call DT, one of the few that backed the 1 week suspension would stay.

Hats off to you DR

Michael Christen got it done by suspending him directly as opposed to last weeks referral which allowed others to massage the results . True it had to be upheld but MC like his employers is a determined man .

It's been inconsistent for decades, going back to Granty being robbed of the Brownlow and Dimma getting rubbed out for tapping a guy in the stomach and missing finals in the 80s. Maybe I can't remember what it was like before then but that was the first time I recall being peed off about it. Seems to be getting worse though.

It's been inconsistent for decades, going back to Granty being robbed of the Brownlow and Dimma getting rubbed out for tapping a guy in the stomach and missing finals in the 80s. Maybe I can't remember what it was like before then but that was the first time I recall being peed off about it. Seems to be getting worse though.
Don't forget Todd Curley copping 4 weeks for accidentally running into an umpire whilst looking in the opposite direction.

Without meaning to get off topic, I'm a casual relief teacher & the schools with the best discipline policies have very clear guidelines. They write down all the possible offences e.g. swearing, spitting and then detail the punishment that goes next to it. e.g. sent to another classroom/ off to assistant principal / form to parents filled out. The worst schools to CRT in are those with vague policies and/or inconsistently applied.

The AFL need a similar system. The thing about Greene is that his offences are so alien to our game that the AFL has to change the rules just for him. No other player in history karate kicks in a marking contest. A player in a Friday night game got pinged for high feet this year, but as the C7 ex-player commentators pointed out it was nothing like Greene's, just feet in the back. The way marks have been taken for time immemorial.

Similarly, there isn't an offence that details eye gouging because no-one else does it. It's completely foreign to our game. w***er$ in thugby are famed for it in the bottom of their horrible mauls; does Greene have a rugby background? The closest thing was Judd's chicken wing, which was also universally condemned.

This could be the second time a rule is changed just for one player. That's two times too many. Someone from his club needs to step in before he hurts someone, or gets seriously hurt himself. As fun as it would be to see Naughton go Barry Hall on him, we'd be without our star forward for numerous weeks.
Wasn’t the sliding rule brought in after the Thomas/ Rohan incident?

Also, the karate kicks were fend-offs, not just in marking contests but in handball receives (Dahlhaus).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back