Roast Enough is Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

You couldn't be further from the truth.

You guys in memberships will get nutted for their incompetence though, I doubt the board gives two shits unless a lot go and it hurts their ability to pay for stuff.

You guys in memberships will get nutted for their incompetence though, I doubt the board gives two ****s unless a lot go and it hurts their ability to pay for stuff.
Yep and here we are demanding the club to improve, so what do people think will happen if the club has less money to spend to improve the club? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Yep and here we are demanding the club to improve, so what do people think will happen if the club has less money to spend to improve the club? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It's the catch 22 though isn't it. The club wipes its arse on the fans and holds up membership retention as a reason to run business as usual. I personally will keep blowing money and going to less games but see why others might protest that way. It's a s**t thing for you though as you guys get hammered like you operate in a vacuum.

that's on them. not me.
But it's obvious that a club with less money won't have as much of a chance than a club with more money. Like I said before, you can do both. Support them financially and raise your concerns, like you did last year. I'm glad the person who started this thread is still supporting them financially because if we all dropped off we wouldn't have a club.

It's the catch 22 though isn't it. The club wipes its arse on the fans and holds up membership retention as a reason to run business as usual. I personally will keep blowing money and going to less games but see why others might protest that way. It's a **** thing for you though as you guys get hammered like you operate in a vacuum.
They don't wipe their arse on the fans at all. In fact it's the complete opposite. Clubs like ours know how much membership/financial support means. It hurts us more than it would a Collingwood or Richmond.

I think people have seen what has happened on field and then exagerrated how bad things are. We need a better head coach. The rest has been improving year on year.

But it's obvious that a club with less money won't have as much of a chance than a club with more money. Like I said before, you can do both. Support them financially and raise your concerns, like you did last year. I'm glad the person who started this thread is still supporting them financially because if we all dropped off we wouldn't have a club.

They don't wipe their arse on the fans at all. In fact it's the complete opposite. Clubs like ours know how much membership/financial support means. It hurts us more than it would a Collingwood or Richmond.

I think people have seen what has happened on field and then exagerrated how bad things are. We need a better head coach. The rest has been improving year on year.

again that's on them, not me. they created that situation. i just decided to drop off.

if people dropping off is going to cause us issues then maybe they should take a pay cut and put more of that money back into the club. that'd put us in a better position than $600 worth of membership in my case.

you think they care enough for that to happen? not a chance. because when it's their money suddenly it's important. when your spending other peoples money it doesn't matter as much.

you think archie fraser is signing up for memberships and making donations to make up for the seaford cluster *?

again that's on them, not me. they created that situation. i just decided to drop off.

if people dropping off is going to cause us issues then maybe they should take a pay cut and put more of that money back into the club. that'd put us in a better position than $600 worth of membership in my case.

you think they care enough for that to happen? not a chance. because when it's their money suddenly it's important. when your spending other peoples money it doesn't matter as much.

you think archie fraser is signing up for memberships and making donations to make up for the seaford cluster ****?
You can do what you want, I just hope that the majority of our supporter base don't hold your view because we will be in a much, much worse position if they did. You are smart enough to know what you are doing won't benefit the club. I don't think I need to go through that.

I don't agree with this at all. If all of the disappointed members on Bigfooty, wrote an email to Andrew Bassett instead of posting here the club would have to take notice.
Not sure 50 letters would make much difference. Funny today on sen on a small sample size there was slightly more support than less which surprised me. What if we pick scott to coach and many supporters write to the club disagreeing which is happening here do they sack him before it starts. Footy clubs can’t pander to supporters otherwise the club would never make the unpopular but sometimes needed decisions

What are people's expectations if we sack Richardson??

Does Brad Scott make Jono Marsh an AFL standard defender??
Does Michael Voss make Seb Ross/Dunstan/ any of our mids hit a target??
Does Ratten make our mids kick to players on a lead instead of bombing long??

Our list is average, we have no depth, and we've got a massive chunk of our core sitting in the stands (with a couple of key ones looking at early retirement, and our best player for the last 5 years looking at the exit door)

FWIW, I think Richo is gone, but I think we all need to seriously temper our expectations once it happens, because we're just not that good.
I'm with Mikka84 on his response.
Also, I doubt a new coach would need to give Armo/Brown games. It would also be a great excuse to re-think the leadership. One of our problems is that it's hard to drop our captains and vice-captains even though they're no good. Don't get me wrong, Geary is our best choice for skipper, but when he and Ross are our #1 and #2 and they're basically turnover kings of the AFL it's no wonder the rest of our team can't raise their standards. As for Newnes, he might be better off following in Leigh Fisher's footsteps as he's clearly just out there for fitness and an occasional kick of the footy.
Anyway, I would love to know what happens in the post-games. Does Richo rip into the senior players? Is there any threat of them not getting a game the next week? From the outside, it looks like these guys are locks and it's depressing.
Anyway, you're right that we don't have the cattle, but it's like f'ing groundhog day, week in week out.
I actually would start to think there was a chance for Richo if he made some kind of statement like dropping Newnes or making another player captain for the day to let Seb know that captains need to take the game on, get clear, compose themselves, make sure you're giving your teammates every opportunity to be good instead of making them look crap by taking the easy option out with a rushed, blind kick forward. Weak as piss.
So what would I do in the event Richo does nothing? I'd wait til Steele comes back, axe Richo, make Steele Skipper, JB Vice captain. Give the reins to Ratten with Lade by his side til the end of the year if Ratts and Lade are happy with that. After that I'm happy to let Lethlean make whatever call he wants. I'm no fan of Brad Scott, but he seems like the kind of guy capable of learning from his mistakes. If Voss is the same, either of them might do OK with the right guys around them.

i emailed the club last year when i had enough. their assessment was that 2018 was a one off. alan richardson was great coach who just needed more support. safe to say they completely mis-read this one and have no ******* idea. it's hilarious how far off it they are.

so my families 6 memberships were paid up and cancelled two weeks ago.

they can have my money again when they can demonstrate they can responsibly spend it. which right now they are not doing.

i know this will just ******** the loyal types, who will hand over their cash no matter what, who think the club is completely faultless and never does anything wrong.

but it's my opinion and i'm entitled to do what ever the **** i want with my money. my moneys not going to a glorified version of entourage where there's always jobs for mates.
You aren’t even a member. My god. And you whinge more than anyone on here. No I’ve heard it all. Better off without your sort because when it comes to voting you have no influence. Amazing.

And yes I will had over money no matter what because I support through thick and thin and more importantly to improve they need our money.

The only way the club doesn't get my money is if they fold and relocate. If other supporters feel the need to make a statement financially then so be it. That's their choice.
Unfortunately my kids *do* get a choice and unless we turn around our onfield performances that money *will* go to another club. Fact.

It's the catch 22 though isn't it. The club wipes its arse on the fans and holds up membership retention as a reason to run business as usual. I personally will keep blowing money and going to less games but see why others might protest that way. It's a **** thing for you though as you guys get hammered like you operate in a vacuum.

I don't see how the club is 'wiping it's arse with fans'... How have they run business as usual? There's been a heap of changes and no supporter can accuse those in power of sitting on their hands after the horror of last season. We all know that more change is coming that will most likely going to address a number of the issues that we as supporters have.

Despite what the foot stampers shout, Richo's performance as a coach warranted a chance to rectify things this season. His first 2 years were write offs as the rebuild was at ground zero.. the next 2 were better than expected but probably have not worked in our favour. Last year was a horror show but seemed to be against the grain of where the club was tracking... it happens sometimes (look at Melbourne this year... a club that many rated as having a flag winning list).

This season Cho needed to rejuvenate the team and get them playing football that we've only seen in spurts over the past 18 months. He has failed miserably here not withstanding the list being gutted with injury.

There's no doubt that he's a cooked goose but the carry on is pretty unwarranted IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how the club is 'wiping it's arse with fans'... How have they run business as usual? There's been a heap of changes and no supporter can accuse those in power of sitting on their hands after the horror of last season. We all know that more change is coming that will most likely going to address a number of the issues that we as supporters have.

Despite what the foot stampers shout, Richo's performance as a coach warranted a chance to rectify things this season. His first 2 years were write offs as the rebuild was at ground zero.. the next 2 were better than expected but probably have not worked in our favour. Last year was a horror show but seemed to be against the grain of where the club was tracking... it happens sometimes (look at Melbourne this year... a club that many rated as having a flag winning list).

This season Cho needed to rejuvenate the team and get them playing football that we've only seen in spurts over the past 18 months. He has failed miserably here not withstanding the list being gutted with injury.

There's no doubt that he's a cooked goose but the carry on is pretty unwarranted IMO

lol melbourne made a prelim mate.

I found SEN interesting this morning with many people with accents ringing up. First they would congratulate Ash Barty on her number one rankings then they would go into bat for Richo saying he had been unfairly judged.
Yeah Richo has employed the security guards from Marvel to ring up SEN.

So no Saints supporters have non Australian accents?

What's your point re accents?

And where are they now? Their fall is worse than ours with a better list & less injuries.

Lol right back at ya champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROFL what?!?!? wow this has to be the most ludicrous post i've seen. you're comparing the performance of a coach who hasn't played finals in 5 seasons, with that of a club who made a prelim last year. to justify the drop off last year as "it happens sometimes".

this spin and then there's this.

the point is richo has never made finals. melbournes drop off will be palatable given they made a prelim. i'm sure if richo made a prelim, the knives would be at bay.

ROFL what?!?!? wow this has to be the most ludicrous post i've seen. you're comparing the performance of a coach who hasn't played finals in 5 seasons, with that of a club who made a prelim last year. to justify the drop off last year as "it happens sometimes".

this spin and then there's this.

the point is richo has never made finals. melbournes drop off will be palatable given they made a prelim. i'm sure if richo made a prelim, the knives would be at bay.

So you’re saying that Melbourne (who started rebuilding in 2007) are less of a disappointment than us (who started rebuilding in 2013) despite them making the finals once & getting poleaxed in a prelim & now find themselves in freefall?

And you reckon Melbourne fans find that palatable???

If anyone is spinning something it’s you and it ain’t PR

Richo is gonski & I’ve wanted that since he let JJ collect 44 touches last season & absolutely destroy us. Tactically he’s no good.

I’m stating the fact that clubs can have an unexpected horrible season. 2018 signed Richo’s fate.

The fact that the club hasn’t bounced back from last season makes his job untenable.

This is despite the FACT that sh1tty years can happen to any club.

He did , our median player is around 19 years old isn't he?

Club will want to appear to do something , so they will sack Richo and you lot will rejoice , even though its probably 3 steps backwards and we may or may not take a step forward.
Meanwhile why did we appoint the worst drafting team in history. We did it twice, mid to late 2000's and 2010's.
Why did we not fail to see how crap they were.
Why did we appoint Watters and Richardson if they were bad for the job. Why is the selection process flawed?

He did , our median player is around 19 years old isn't he?

Club will want to appear to do something , so they will sack Richo and you lot will rejoice , even though its probably 3 steps backwards and we may or may not take a step forward.
Meanwhile why did we appoint the worst drafting team in history. We did it twice, mid to late 2000's and 2010's.
Why did we not fail to see how crap they were.
Why did we appoint Watters and Richardson if they were bad for the job. Why is the selection process flawed?
This is a valid point. I'd suggest a board spill, because every appointment we made until last year seems to have failed.

Trout carried the can for his terrible drafting, so who's carrying the can for these appointments?

I maintain, get Roo and Lethlean to work with Bassat on a new club structure, from board to boot studder and see where that gets us.

Can't be worse, cos right now we're getting all the non football stuff right, but all football related matters have been horrendous for well over a decade now.

So you’re saying that Melbourne (who started rebuilding in 2007) are less of a disappointment than us (who started rebuilding in 2013) despite them making the finals once & getting poleaxed in a prelim & now find themselves in freefall?

And you reckon Melbourne fans find that palatable???

If anyone is spinning something it’s you and it ain’t PR

Richo is gonski & I’ve wanted that since he let JJ collect 44 touches last season & absolutely destroy us. Tactically he’s no good.

I’m stating the fact that clubs can have an unexpected horrible season. 2018 signed Richo’s fate.

The fact that the club hasn’t bounced back from last season makes his job untenable.

This is despite the FACT that sh1tty years can happen to any club.

For what’s it worth agree with you 100%, wanted Alan moved on last year.

Lethlean did the review as Board requested , think there were shortcomings clearly, hence why assistant
coaches were replaced , technical areas beefed up , recruiting personnel changed.
Probably making considered evaluation the administration thought they would rather see Senior Coach
be given final opportunity as alternative choice of replacement of Senior Coach were not available at time.
Think also New President coming in , even though was on the board , had not been there long enough
to really analyse situation in his own mind , rather than knee jerk reaction costing club money again
with no better replacement available at the time.

As for Melbourne hope the failures continue .

For what’s it worth agree with you 100%, wanted Alan moved on last year.

Lethlean did the review as Board requested , think there were shortcomings clearly, hence why assistant
coaches were replaced , technical areas beefed up , recruiting personnel changed.
Probably making considered evaluation the administration thought they would rather see Senior Coach
be given final opportunity as alternative choice of replacement of Senior Coach were not available at time.
Think also New President coming in , even though was on the board , had not been there long enough
to really analyse situation in his own mind , rather than knee jerk reaction costing club money again

There is no way they could afford to get rid of richo last year. Luckily it hasn’t really cost us because I doubt any coach has us more wins with the injuries we have. Also we lost bugger all members and no players and there was no board challenge. Amazing what one particular person thought would happen. Have seen him for a while. Anyway he will be gone in 9 or less games so we start again.

What are people's expectations if we sack Richardson??

Does Brad Scott make Jono Marsh an AFL standard defender??
Does Michael Voss make Seb Ross/Dunstan/ any of our mids hit a target??
Does Ratten make our mids kick to players on a lead instead of bombing long??

Our list is average, we have no depth, and we've got a massive chunk of our core sitting in the stands (with a couple of key ones looking at early retirement, and our best player for the last 5 years looking at the exit door)

FWIW, I think Richo is gone, but I think we all need to seriously temper our expectations once it happens, because we're just not that good.
I think a new coach has potential to make a big change with individual players - Ross for example used to play quite a stop and prop and dinky pass game - but if memory serves he would hit a target more often than not - now he seems to play like he thinks the game is made of single plays where meters gained is the most important thing - he seems to try to run as fast and as far as he can and then kick it as far as he can - he doesn’t seem to even look for a target or to where the ball is going to go half the time - I would trade him because he might have some currency - but failing that a new coach could tell him to watch Ablett play and to slow down a bit and start thinking about who he can give the ball to as soon as he gets it - cause watching him play I honestly don’t think who he is giving it to is high on his list of what he is going to do when he has ball in hand

or what’s it worth agree with you 100%, wanted Alan moved on last year.

Great post there Stewart66......agree with all you stated.

I also suspect that'd they'd back him in with all the changes and see what happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back