ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, the Fremantle Football Club has a disappointing culture. As a lifelong supporter, I can attest to that. All these players have inherited a culture that simply isn't good enough.

I can blame the management, the coaches, the blokes on the ground who cruise through games. But our fans have a disappointing culture as well. There's a large proportion of Dockers fans who have this "stay positive!" mentality. This club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. "Just be positive", "it wasn't that bad", "you're all complaining about nothing" and the Fremantle motto of "there's always next year" just adds to this lame culture.

Losing to a fellow top eight contender like that is not good enough. The performance was utterly disappointing. The Hawks are a good side, and they're worth our respect. But going out there and forfeiting is just aggravating. I doubt the Collingwood, Geelong, or Carlton footy clubs would say "oh, sixty points, stop complaining!" It's simply not good enough. Sixty points is a terrible performance: No matter how good the side. To lose by that much with a 'defensive' mentality just adds to the disappointment.

I adore this club. Being a Fremantle fan is something I identify myself by. Like most of you, I'm probably an idiot for being proud to support a club so average. But it's utterly disappointing to be watch this club accept poor performances. And to see people on here defending lacklustre players and horrible performances just... it's not good enough. It's almost laughable that you'd continually defend s**t performances.

It was a typically poor performance by Freo and they should be told so. Enough moddy coddling of this group. Perform or get lost.

I just hope we can chalk up our first win for the year. It's so depressing. Watching us lose every week. Why don't the players try harder. If only we had drafted [insert name] we'd be alright.

I guess if we go winless at least then we will get a priority pick.

Agreed. Unfortunately the AFL has canned the PP so we'll have to settle for pick one on it's own. Also we should trade Watts.

Yeah let's just accept this rubbish because there is a team in the comp that is worse than us. Typical. Pretty much the same attitude as most of our players i would have thought.

If you're not upset enough to send the club a hand written letter you need to STFU ;)

We lost. It was really disappointing. Now, how about we wait and see how the players and more importantly the new coach respond, before dumping the burden of our clubs entire miserable history on them.

If you're not upset enough to send the club a hand written letter you need to STFU ;)

We lost. It was really disappointing. Now, how about we wait and see how the players and more importantly the new coach respond, before dumping the burden of our clubs entire miserable history on them.

No we don't Prattsa. This is a discussion forum. If you only want to hear the positive stuff go and live in fantasy land.

Slightly on topic.... Stephen Hill with 12 possessions gets named as one of the sides best. Talk about rewarding mediocrity...

And the other one... Mzungu... Pity his opponent Clinton Young destroyed us all day for 25 touches and 12 uncontested marks. Nice maning up there.

Mediocity at its best...

Really, one poor loss... Is that all it has taken for this type of rant. Look at club histories and clubs have waited s whole lot longer than we have to achieve success. Need to give this ranting a rest for a while.

Excuse me for interupting but:

Boo ****ing hoo

Try 32 years of s**t and then get back to me sook. :thumbsdown:

No, please do interrupt, good to see some perspective here actually. I'm waiting for a Melbourne supporter to drop in and give some context too.

Not that you want to compare to the mediocre in the competition, but we had one bad game and suddenly we're back to being the worst club in the world. Massive over reaction. Be upset by all means, I am too, but let's keep some semblance of sanity.

Slightly on topic.... Stephen Hill with 12 possessions gets named as one of the sides best. Talk about rewarding mediocrity...

And the other one... Mzungu... Pity his opponent Clinton Young destroyed us all day for 25 touches and 12 uncontested marks. Nice maning up there.

Mediocity at its best...

Agree totally. Would love to know who played on Kade Simpson when we played Carlton.

Have looked at Freo's best players on AFL.com for the last few weeks. I gather they were watching different games to the rest of us.

Mediocity at its best...

I can only think that it was a cut 'n' paste that went wrong - there is no way they were among our best. MZu especially had an absolute shocker, first really poor game of the season, but poor nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, one poor loss... Is that all it has taken for this type of rant. Look at club histories and clubs have waited s whole lot longer than we have to achieve success. Need to give this ranting a rest for a while.

I glad you were happy with the performance against the Suns, the loss against Carlton which obviously wasn't necessary considering they are not that good. We looked half asleep against Sydney until someone let the players know at half time that they were actually at the SCG playing footy. The game against Brisbane was beyond bad. If the loss to Hawthorn had of happened in isolation most of us would not have ranted as you put it. Look at the whole context.

One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is the fact that we had the two longest road trips in footy in the last couple of weeks and a six day break thrown in for good measure. This must have had an effect on recovery, training and just flat out feeling like sh*t.
I'm prepared to give them a pass this week with the expectation of a ferocious effort on Sunday.

No we don't Prattsa. This is a discussion forum. If you only want to hear the positive stuff go and live in fantasy land.

I have no problem being critical about player/coach performance. I have even less problem, discussing those criticisms on this forum. Heck, you may even go as far as saying, that is why I'm here. This thread however, is nothing but emotive nonsense.

What points were raised that are worth discussing? It's all reactionary rubbish. If you want to tear up your membership, do it. If you want to let the club know how upset you are, do it. Coming on here and venting your spleen just makes you look like a sook.

Why does every Zac Clarke ruck knock or Stephen Hill kick have to be tied to 18 years of Fremantle history?

New coaches, new game plans and new players will take time to gel together. St Kilda had bad losses in their first season under Lyon - one of them was even against Fremantle. Lyon was never going to come in and flick some magical switch, it was going to take time.

Again, how about we wait and see how the players and more importantly the new coach respond this week before slashing our wrists and tearing up our memberships.

Before anyone questions my loyalty to Fremantle Dockers let me just say that I have been a supporter of the club since 95 and a member for the last 11 years. I have sunk thousands of $$$ into this club in the form of membership, purchasing of merchandise and many other things such as club functions etc.. I feel due to being loyal since day 1 my comments below are warranted, some may find them hard to swallow but I feel it needs to be said.

I am sick and tired of the same mediocre crap being dished up by this club year after year. I’ve had an absolute gutful and I am just about ready to hand back my membership and stop supporting this sorry excuse of a club. When will this club stop “Promising” like they have since 95 and actually start to deliver? I thought after the 2010 season that we were actually finally moving forward but since then we have gone backwards. Every coach we have gone through has all said the same BS but in different words, “We are building to something special, have patience” Well I’ve been patient for 16 years and I’ve just about had enough, I don’t want to be patient anymore, I WANT TO SEE RESULTS NOW! I don’t care how good a side Hawthorn are, we were absolutely diabolical on the weekend and it’s been the same mistakes year after year that have cost us games and will continue to cost us games until we change our culture! We are a mentally week team that has and will always reward mediocrity, we have had a “Near enough is Good enough” culture for far too long and it’s about time we change that culture.

It’s about time this club grew up and started earning respect by getting results on the board. I don’t care how badly, Richmond, Port and Melbourne have been the last 5 to 10 years, we still remain the joke of the competition and every team will continue to have the mindset that we are easy beats. /end rant

Now moving on to our current game plan, I never really rated Harvey as a coach but I could see what he was trying to achieve when he recruited players like Fyfe, Hill, Ballantyne, Morabito, Suban, Walters and Mzungu. Our Game Plan under Ross Lyon is completely CRAP! Harvey was building a list for fast attacking football and recruited players with toe (Hill & Morabito), who can find space (Barlow) and players with good skill.

I believe defence is very important but Ross Lyon’s game plan does not suit our list! Clogging up space, trying to cause turnovers, flooding defence and trying to get teams on the counter-punch is not working and will not work against the top sides! Saint Kilda had the perfect list for our current game plan because they had players who could take those big contested marks on the counter punch; we have a forward line that will only work with quick ball movement.

Some people say our list is a top 4 list while others say it’s overrated, at the moment I’m still on the fence. Going by 2010 / early 2011 I would say our list has great potential and has a heap of current and future A graders but we are still very mentally weak. People say we are slow but when you are chasing tail and getting smashed anyone would look slow. I look at Adelaide’s list and apart from the twin towers up front we have a very similar list. We should be playing like Adelaide and not this crap unattractive defensive style football which basically tells the opposition, “Go on and try and score against us because I bet you can’t”

I’m calling it now and I could well be proved wrong this Sunday but we aren’t winning any of our next 5 games and we wont be playing Finals footy in 2012 which in my eyes would deem our season, “A failure”

tl;dr

Awesomely I'm overseas at the moment and missed the game - by the number of meltdown threads I presume it went suckily. Will watch it when I get back I think

I have no problem being critical about player/coach performance. I have even less problem, discussing those criticisms on this forum. Heck, you may even go as far as saying, that is why I'm here. This thread however, is nothing but emotive nonsense.

What points were raised that are worth discussing? It's all reactionary rubbish. If you want to tear up your membership, do it. If you want to let the club know how upset you are, do it. Coming on here and venting your spleen just makes you look like a sook.

Why does every Zac Clarke ruck knock or Stephen Hill kick have to be tied to 18 years of Fremantle history?

New coaches, new game plans and new players will take time to gel together. St Kilda had bad losses in their first season under Lyon - one of them was even against Fremantle. Lyon was never going to come in and flick some magical switch, it was going to take time.

Again, how about we wait and see how the players and more importantly the new coach respond this week before slashing our wrists and tearing up our memberships.

Nothing to do with 18 years of history. No need. Most of the players who are the problem at Freo are still playing today. Seems the coach was pretty put out by the performance himself. I don't agree with your suggestion of difficulty with game plan, it looked like a typical lack of effort. Many of the players playing for freo have a history of playing well for a week or two and then doing nothing for a month. Not sure how our club is supposed to improve with these players. They probably will play well next week. That would be true to form. And perfectly acceptable for some of the Freo supporters. The five weeks before and the five weeks after will all be forgotten. Pretty sure some of the players are counting on it.

Dont bother watching.
Just think back to the times where we just showed up in games.

We didnt go in hard for the ball, never looked like wanting it.
So got smashed in clearances.
We didnt chase hard or tackle very well.
All our attacks started from the backline and never looked dangerous.
We had no run and looked slow.
Would love to know how many chase down tackles we have for the year, wouldnt be many.
Scary thing is Clarke is probably leading that stat.

Before anyone questions my loyalty to Fremantle Dockers let me just say that I have been a supporter of the club since 95 and a member for the last 11 years. I have sunk thousands of $$$ into this club in the form of membership, purchasing of merchandise and many other things such as club functions etc.. I feel due to being loyal since day 1 my comments below are warranted, some may find them hard to swallow but I feel it needs to be said.

I am sick and tired of the same mediocre crap being dished up by this club year after year. I’ve had an absolute gutful and I am just about ready to hand back my membership and stop supporting this sorry excuse of a club. When will this club stop “Promising” like they have since 95 and actually start to deliver? I thought after the 2010 season that we were actually finally moving forward but since then we have gone backwards. Every coach we have gone through has all said the same BS but in different words, “We are building to something special, have patience” Well I’ve been patient for 16 years and I’ve just about had enough, I don’t want to be patient anymore, I WANT TO SEE RESULTS NOW! I don’t care how good a side Hawthorn are, we were absolutely diabolical on the weekend and it’s been the same mistakes year after year that have cost us games and will continue to cost us games until we change our culture! We are a mentally week team that has and will always reward mediocrity, we have had a “Near enough is Good enough” culture for far too long and it’s about time we change that culture.

It’s about time this club grew up and started earning respect by getting results on the board. I don’t care how badly, Richmond, Port and Melbourne have been the last 5 to 10 years, we still remain the joke of the competition and every team will continue to have the mindset that we are easy beats. /end rant

Now moving on to our current game plan, I never really rated Harvey as a coach but I could see what he was trying to achieve when he recruited players like Fyfe, Hill, Ballantyne, Morabito, Suban, Walters and Mzungu. Our Game Plan under Ross Lyon is completely CRAP! Harvey was building a list for fast attacking football and recruited players with toe (Hill & Morabito), who can find space (Barlow) and players with good skill.

I believe defence is very important but Ross Lyon’s game plan does not suit our list! Clogging up space, trying to cause turnovers, flooding defence and trying to get teams on the counter-punch is not working and will not work against the top sides! Saint Kilda had the perfect list for our current game plan because they had players who could take those big contested marks on the counter punch; we have a forward line that will only work with quick ball movement.

Some people say our list is a top 4 list while others say it’s overrated, at the moment I’m still on the fence. Going by 2010 / early 2011 I would say our list has great potential and has a heap of current and future A graders but we are still very mentally weak. People say we are slow but when you are chasing tail and getting smashed anyone would look slow. I look at Adelaide’s list and apart from the twin towers up front we have a very similar list. We should be playing like Adelaide and not this crap unattractive defensive style football which basically tells the opposition, “Go on and try and score against us because I bet you can’t”

I’m calling it now and I could well be proved wrong this Sunday but we aren’t winning any of our next 5 games and we wont be playing Finals footy in 2012 which in my eyes would deem our season, “A failure”

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=U9NUc0ut8Ek[/YOUTUBE]

I just want to see the club, players, get angry, and take it out on the duckers.
For Lyon to make the hard decisions, and give others a chance to redeem
themselves, and pick a side ready for battle.
Lyon has to prove he can adapt, change, and get the best out of this team, and himself.

Not really sure what you would like us to do?

I mean, from a club point of view they have taken a risk and went and got themselves an experienced coach, the first one in our history. Went and got some good assistants. They tried to get themselves a tall forward. They have refreshed the identity of the club.

All moves that some agree with, some don't but really what more can they do to show fans that they are trying to win a flag?

Give Lyon a chance, it is round 8! He may mix things up as he goes.

I agree with the Op but not to the extent he feels. We're always a mediocre side and ses to never change. We're always a threat at best and never contenders due to not being the standard of the best Victorian teams, which we have to to win the flag. I though Mark Harvey was the man, and now I think Ross is, but I though we'd be better than a 6-9th team compared to where we were 2010. It feels like we're sought of the same for 2012 as 2010- a threat that will be deadly in a home final but just not as good as the best teams in the league. Hopefully just a slower start than what's to come.:)

Mediocity at its best...

Don't think anybody who is the buddy of Ibbo is in any position to be having a go at guys like Mzungu or Hill (or really anyone for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back