ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main problem about the situation at the moment is, that we did similar well until round 8 the last two years. Even our start to 2010 looks not as good anymore, when you look at the final ladder positions. Got pretty talked up after beating Geelong.

But generally it is very difficult to move into the right direction in a team sport up against 17 other teams trying the same. There always will be luck in it. No choach/player/whatever is going to change anything alone. You need a right mix oft key personal, depth, luck with injuries, opposing mistakes, the right gameplan at the right time...

Thats rubbish. If you honestly think the players and coaching staff have this mindset then your an idiot.

but for me as a supporter, the worst imaginable weekend for me is seeing the dockers lose and the eagles win... id get upset if your mob won a game of scrabble, that has nothing to do with the players though, this bullshit idea that our players give a s**t about your success and caring more about beating you than being successful themselves is the typical arrogant attitude we have come to expect from your scum of the earth supporter base... now piss off back to your board

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think this is Fremantle's problem right there in a nut shell. Unable to get out of the "Poor Cousin" syndrome that has plagued not only the Supporters but the players as well.

Get up for 2 games a year and we done enough to keep our jobs. I hope we get a good game this weekend but I think the 2 teams are at different stages of their development.

You blokes have some very decent players like Fyfe, Sandi and Pav but it falls away in consistency from there. With FYfe being injured and Sandi under an Injury cloud it leaves old man Pav to carry the can. One man can't win a war it takes a team of warriors who have Finals Toughness to get a Premiership Flag...or 3 :D

The only people around here perpetuating that mindset are West Coast fans...probably so they have an excuse if/when Fremantle beat them.

We want success period...not success against the eagles. Get success period and beating the eagles is included in that but it's not the primary goal.

More Reg than Reg.

Try blowing 4 days and a few thousand dollars to be there in person.

One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is the fact that we had the two longest road trips in footy in the last couple of weeks and a six day break thrown in for good measure. This must have had an effect on recovery, training and just flat out feeling like sh*t.
I'm prepared to give them a pass this week with the expectation of a ferocious effort on Sunday.

After that trip, and considering what we've served up over the last few weeks, on Sunday you should prepare yourself for an absolute pizzling. If we can keep the loss under 10 goals it will be a positive.

I think this is Fremantle's problem right there in a nut shell. Unable to get out of the "Poor Cousin" syndrome that has plagued not only the Supporters but the players as well.

Get up for 2 games a year and we done enough to keep our jobs. I hope we get a good game this weekend but I think the 2 teams are at different stages of their development.

You blokes have some very decent players like Fyfe, Sandi and Pav but it falls away in consistency from there. With FYfe being injured and Sandi under an Injury cloud it leaves old man Pav to carry the can. One man can't win a war it takes a team of warriors who have Finals Toughness to get a Premiership Flag...or 3 :D

Smug_alert.jpg

F%#k you sound like my dad KPR.

lol, i sound like my own dad as well, im guessing thats where i got it from... but back on that, if a premiership meant that we lost our enxt 20 derbies I would take that deal in a heartbeat... having said that, i do love to see the eagles lose

Thats rubbish. If you honestly think the players and coaching staff have this mindset then your an idiot.

but for me as a supporter, the worst imaginable weekend for me is seeing the dockers lose and the eagles win... id get upset if your mob won a game of scrabble, that has nothing to do with the players though, this bullshit idea that our players give a s**t about your success and caring more about beating you than being successful themselves is the typical arrogant attitude we have come to expect from your scum of the earth supporter base... now piss off back to your board

You and I don't agree on everything, but I like you. :thumbsu:

Smart-arse WCE supporters often throw this shite around - and I concur with your response(s).

I had to dis-own my neices because they were brought up on the dark side. One of them claimed to being a freagle for 5 minutes, but they're the worst of all, condescending scum, "I like freo like a little brother"! Prefer you to hate us, because then we have something in common. Bad luck this weekend scum!

Before anyone questions my loyalty to Fremantle Dockers let me just say that I have been a supporter of the club since 95 and a member for the last 11 years. I have sunk thousands of $$$ into this club in the form of membership, purchasing of merchandise and many other things such as club functions etc.. I feel due to being loyal since day 1 my comments below are warranted, some may find them hard to swallow but I feel it needs to be said.

So after being a passionate supporter since day dot, including a season where we won 2 games and didn't win a home game until round 22, you're outraged that we're 5-3 so far in 2012?

[YOUTUBE]DksSPZTZES0[/YOUTUBE]

I am sick and tired of the same mediocre crap being dished up by this club year after year. I’ve had an absolute gutful and I am just about ready to hand back my membership and stop supporting this sorry excuse of a club. When will this club stop “Promising” like they have since 95 and actually start to deliver? I thought after the 2010 season that we were actually finally moving forward but since then we have gone backwards. Every coach we have gone through has all said the same BS but in different words, “We are building to something special, have patience” Well I’ve been patient for 16 years and I’ve just about had enough, I don’t want to be patient anymore, I WANT TO SEE RESULTS NOW! I don’t care how good a side Hawthorn are, we were absolutely diabolical on the weekend and it’s been the same mistakes year after year that have cost us games and will continue to cost us games until we change our culture! We are a mentally week team that has and will always reward mediocrity, we have had a “Near enough is Good enough” culture for far too long and it’s about time we change that culture.

What were you promised this year?

Now moving on to our current game plan, I never really rated Harvey as a coach but I could see what he was trying to achieve when he recruited players like Fyfe, Hill, Ballantyne, Morabito, Suban, Walters and Mzungu. Our Game Plan under Ross Lyon is completely CRAP! Harvey was building a list for fast attacking football and recruited players with toe (Hill & Morabito), who can find space (Barlow) and players with good skill.

Do you know how list management works? Harvey didn't recruit any of those guys. Lloyd & Bond are in charge of list management.

I’m calling it now and I could well be proved wrong this Sunday but we aren’t winning any of our next 5 games and we wont be playing Finals footy in 2012 which in my eyes would deem our season, “A failure”

Lets not get carried away after one loss in a row. West Coast actually lost to the Bombers by more than we lost to the Hawks.

Have you seen our next 5 games? We will be lucky to win one of them. Apart from Geelong game we have been very average this year. Sure inaccuracy has cost us, but bad kicking is bad Footy.

We may play well against average teams but the good coaches have worked us out.

So the club promised you a premiership this year but the game plan is no good, the coach sucks, and the players can't kick. Think we're in trouble. :eek:

Basically the Dockers always have rewarded mediocrity and no matter who our coach is its always the same crap every year

So we can add bad culture to the poor coach with the terrible game plan and the unskilled players? Gee if we've won 5 from 8 with those issues I'd love to know what you think is wrong with the demons?

Pretty sure there aren't many pats on the back being dished out at the club this week so not sure where the "rewarding mediocrity" comes from.

I can blame the management, the coaches, the blokes on the ground who cruise through games. But our fans have a disappointing culture as well. There's a large proportion of Dockers fans who have this "stay positive!" mentality. This club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. "Just be positive", "it wasn't that bad", "you're all complaining about nothing" and the Fremantle motto of "there's always next year" just adds to this lame culture.

You need some perspective though.

Mundy has struggled since returning from injury, Barlow's form has been up and down, Fyfe and Morabito are injured, Broughton and Ballantyne aren't in the same form as last year leaving Crowley, Pearce and Hill as our most consistent running players. two of those guys weren't in most peoples best 21 at Christmas.

If we lose the next 5 like some are saying then lets get the microscope out, but at this stage considering where many of our key players were at fitness-wise for the start of pre-season then losing Fyfe and sandilands to injury 5-3 is a reasonable return IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But our fans have a disappointing culture as well. There's a large proportion of Dockers fans who have this "stay positive!" mentality. This club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. "Just be positive", "it wasn't that bad", "you're all complaining about nothing" and the Fremantle motto of "there's always next year" just adds to this lame culture.
We have a few sad hangers on that attend nearly every training session who won't hear a bad word about Freo players or the club. You wonder whether this muppet mentality being allowed around the club affects the players' attitudes - positive reinforcement of poor performance simply results in more poor performance.

I think all training sessions should be closed aside from family days. Training should be solely about the game ahead, not for sycophants to deludedly cheer on hack efforts - they can do that on the weekend if they want.

Injuries or not this current list of players has not improved since 2010 and its about time the club tells these players, "if you don't want to play to your potential and continue to play half arsed footy piss off and we'll recruit players who will pull there finger out"

So the players have 4 months to prove that we're very close to a flag or we throw the baby out with the bath water and rebuild and have a crack at a flag in 2017?

Unfortunately, we need to ask significant questions of lloyd and bond who i think have overall... failed at the job of building a list... anyone can select a half decent player in the first round of the draft.... and to a degree i think selecting mature age rookies is less of a task as well, as our recruiting staff can watch many wafl, sanfl and vfl games to get an idea of how these physically mature players go about it.... but where we seem to fail, and have always seemed to fail, is with our draft picks from the second round onwards... we have had the odd success like fyfe or balla, but in general, we always seem to select duds... every other club seems to be able to pick late gems... we dont and im sick of it.

bond and lloyd need to have one hell of a draft this year, otherwise we will be in dire straits from a list point of view. If that happens, they should both fall on their own sword

I disagree. Clubs always talk about getting 100 games into players, so look at the guys that have been on the list for 5 years or more.

Pavlich, Mundy, Crowley, Bradley, Sandilands, Duffield, Johnson, Grover.....anyone else? Half of those are fringe players, so we've turned over three quarters of the list in about 4 drafts and the majority of our bestt 22 have been drafted in that time and people are disappointed with 5 wins from 8 games? :confused:

Contrast that with the Eagles where apart from Naitanui and Shuey their core players have played those 100 games, and the Hawks where most of their best players have been in the system since Connolly was our coach.

We have a few sad hangers on that attend nearly every training session who won't hear a bad word about Freo players or the club. You wonder whether this muppet mentality being allowed around the club affects the players' attitudes - positive reinforcement of poor performance simply results in more poor performance.

I think all training sessions should be closed aside from family days. Training should be solely about the game ahead, not for sycophants to deludedly cheer on hack efforts - they can do that on the weekend if they want.

This is a new one. Blaming a footy team's form on the guys watching training hasn't been done before. Well done

Before anyone questions my loyalty to Fremantle Dockers let me just say that I have been a supporter of the club since 95 and a member for the last 11 years. I have sunk thousands of $$$ into this club in the form of membership, purchasing of merchandise and many other things such as club functions etc.. I feel due to being loyal since day 1 my comments below are warranted, some may find them hard to swallow but I feel it needs to be said.

I am sick and tired of the same mediocre crap being dished up by this club year after year. I’ve had an absolute gutful and I am just about ready to hand back my membership and stop supporting this sorry excuse of a club.

Sorry mate but it's hard not to question anyones loyalty after they come out with the old " I've had a gutfull " & " Hand back my membership " diatribe. I too have supported the club since 95 but have only been a member for 10 years . I too have also pumped $$$$ into the club through merchandise , functions etc . Thats what supporters do isn't it ? Don't get me wrong , sometimes I ask myself "Why Freo? ". That question caused me some sleepless nights after the loss to Melbourne after leading by 51 pts at half time (I think everyone remembers that one). But I put up with the sledging from my Wet Toast E-Girls mates (Who are very vocal this week) ,and the looks of pity people give my kids when they are out in their Dockers gear. I tell you this. I will never hand in my membership because when the day finally comes when we do win the big one , how F%^KN sweet will that be?

This is a new one. Blaming a footy team's form on the guys watching training hasn't been done before. Well done

Yes I was quite incredulous at this. I feel so guilty for all the training reports I did in the pre-season. Who knew it would lead to this :eek:

We are one draft away from a 5 year rebuild and 1/3 of a season into a new coach and game plan. Middle of next year is about judgement day for me.
There have been a few howlers in the drafts but some good ones too.
Missing out on Clark hurts, especially if we had got him as a bargain and still nabbed Crozier.
I don't like us in any of the next 5 so things are going to get pretty primal around here, this is just the start. Ross is going to be really earning his pay and if Pav is still smiling and reading off an auto cue about how the boys are really really truly really going to give great effort next week after yet another shellacking in 5 weeks it's going to get really ugly.
Batten down the hatches!

Dom must have to maintain a minimum post count to keep his mod's licence.

I understand where the op is coming from. I can hardly begrudge anyone wanting to publicly spit the dummy and quite frankly with the team's recent performance its quite justified. Ross will be the deliverer of the message though, and he will also be judged on his results.

In the last 3 games it has become glaringly obvious that we are often last to the ball, softer in the contest, seriously wayward in front of goal, below par in marking ability and unable to handball or kick to a team mate's advantage.

Forget about getting used to the coaches game plan, our players are having trouble dealing with basic football. They can't even seem to communicate with each other, or is on-field talk not part of the modern game? I see multiple instances of players being run down from behind with other players close by who could have warned them. How many times have you seen one of our players hand off to a player running past and simply not bothered to lay a shepherd? This sort of stuff should be automatic and it certainly is in other teams. Lachie Neale is putting a lot of our senior players to shame with the way he approaches his football.

Time to man up Ross, get them back on track. Perhaps you can tell Pav to get rid of his fat arse, because if he ever takes this game seriously he'll be one hell of a player.

I'm thinking that this reaction could become the norm over the next few weeks.

We won't be beating the Eagles and we certainly won't beat Adelaide.

Why?

Eagles - I don't believe that we have a plan to combat their press, plain and simple. I went into pure meltdown and anger over a 20/20 style game in the pre-season where we served up s**t and didn't handle the press well. While I admit that at the time, I overreacted, the fact remains that even now, I'm not convinced. The ball will be down the Eagles end a lot this Sunday and we'll be lucky to lose by less than 10 goals because we can't convert for s**t and we'll be lucky to kick 7 goals for the game and this would be a diabolical effort.

Adelaide - They've shown that they can beat the good teams and the not so good teams with the exception of Hawthorn. They've shown they can win the tight ones and dish out beltings. In short, they play exactly the way I wish Freo would play. High marking, long kicking, quick moving exciting football is the way they go about it. They're tough at the stoppages, winning clearances and they're converting pretty damn well which is again something I wish Freo were capable of. This will be another game we'll be lucky to lose by less than 8 goals.

If I'm wrong on either game, I'd be very happy as that would mean we've upset the odds dramatically.

At the end of the day, the OP has the right to an opinion and frankly, the juvenile responses from certain people doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People get attacked for telling the truth and it seems like people here can't handle it.

I knew that the game plan would get criticised quite quickly and the only surprise is that it's taken this long. Unlike the Taliban on this board, I wasn't wholly convinced by the Lyon appointment and while he's had 8 rounds and inherited a s**t load of cultural problems which I blame on Schwabolly, the fact remains that 5-3 is pretty good but the game plan is ****ing s**t. Watching Freo used to be an exciting weekly occurance for me but now, the only reason I watch Freo is to see if we win and in the forlorn hope that we might actually play some half decent football. On current form, the latter is a forlorn turning into non-existant hope and that saddens me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back