Enoughs Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great that you guys are drawing an online line in the online sand.

Its gone beyond “recreational” and we have got a rat pack further more we all should be angry about people are asleep at the wheel in managing this .
The rat pack is an interesting one. From limited insta-stalking, it looks like Duman, Ryan, Cox hang out a lot. And Hogan, Bewley, Schultz seem to hang out a bit. Then a few random, more solo types like Matera, Bennell, McCarthy.

I’ld say the first group of players learned their lesson already. Hopefully this Hogan incident sets the example for the new boys too. The solo guys, well... at least Merta cut out sugar from his diet. I’ld be surprised if most teams didn’t have a similar number of “rat pack” candidates. We also have a much larger number of great role models coming through - unfortunately the media like to focus on the negatives. Banfield, Giro, Hughes, Tucker, Brayshaw, Cerra, North, Crowden, Sturt, Valente, Switkowski, AP, Tabs, Nyhuis are all solid citizens. Unfortunately, a lot of our “potential AA guys” are in the rat pack.

If none of you guys are p1ssed off that the Eagles are reigning premiers coupled with they are laughing because our culture is worse than theirs now when they were at their lowest ebb , you guys clearly have no pride
How are we worse now than when the Eagles were at their lowest ebb? Can't you remember how the drugs were rampant through the club but they were winners so no one cared.

Is everyone here so jaded that this 'must' be a smoke screen from the club?

Could it not be possible that in an industry rife with mental health issues a young man with recent personal tragedies is legitimately facing problems.

Give the kid and the club a break. Sometimes it's just no one's fault. Or perhaps it could be the weight of expectation coming right from here, us the fans, that is the doing. I don't know and you don't know so for my part Jesse get's the benefit of the doubt.

I'd hate to be some of your mates going through a struggle.

The rat pack is an interesting one. From limited insta-stalking, it looks like Duman, Ryan, Cox hang out a lot. And Hogan, Bewley, Schultz seem to hang out a bit. Then a few random, more solo types like Matera, Bennell, McCarthy.

I’ld say the first group of players learned their lesson already. Hopefully this Hogan incident sets the example for the new boys too. The solo guys, well... at least Merta cut out sugar from his diet. I’ld be surprised if most teams didn’t have a similar number of “rat pack” candidates. We also have a much larger number of great role models coming through - unfortunately the media like to focus on the negatives. Banfield, Giro, Hughes, Tucker, Brayshaw, Cerra, North, Crowden, Sturt, Valente, Switkowski, AP, Tabs, Nyhuis are all solid citizens. Unfortunately, a lot of our “potential AA guys” are in the rat pack.
Where are all the senior leaders like Fyfe, Sandi, Ballas, Mundy, S Hill, etc to bring these idiots into line...we have a lot of individuals that like to get smashed on a regular basis and they always seem to be around Perth drinking. Other clubs may also do it but maybe they just are a lot more discrete.

Where are all the senior leaders like Fyfe, Sandi, Ballas, Mundy, S Hill, etc to bring these idiots into line...we have a lot of individuals that like to get smashed on a regular basis and they always seem to be around Perth drinking. Other clubs may also do it but maybe they just are a lot more discrete.
I’m not suggesting they’re out getting smashed. They can go out and have a drink or two within reason.

Our senior leaders don’t really inspire me too much. Most seem somewhat introverted and probably more interested in looking after their families, and mentoring those younger players that are less “rat packish”.

I think/hope this is where AP and Conca can grow their leadership qualities by setting the example for the younger demographics. I also think Ross and Belly are strong on culture and standards, and will keep the group in line. We’ll be fine.

I’m not suggesting they’re out getting smashed. They can go out and have a drink or two within reason.

Our senior leaders don’t really inspire me too much. Most seem somewhat introverted and probably more interested in looking after their families, and mentoring those younger players that are less “rat packish”.

I think/hope this is where AP and Conca can grow their leadership qualities by setting the example for the younger demographics. I also think Ross and Belly are strong on culture and standards, and will keep the group in line. We’ll be fine.

Yup. speaking up in meetings, driving training session standards and helping out players on the track i can see, but actually having the will to call significant sections of the playing group and telling them to cut their s**t out? not sure if i can see it. The main reason for Neale leaving given by Mark Duffield as young players taking it too easy has me more worried as time goes on as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually loving the ******* passion in this thread, even if we all disagree.

This club has been so namby and soft for too ******* long.

I'm getting too old to never see a flag. And I'm sure you are all too.

Twenty-five years of... uh, winning a semi-final in Geelong? Longmuir after the season? * me. This is Fremantle. A town born out of people who were poor as * from England, Italy, Greece, Yugoslavia, Portugal... people who worked hard... we used to stand for actual hard results. That's no wonder Old Easts won so much, Souths won a lot and had the most supporters.

I really hope we start voting with our vote.

Must admit as someone who has issues with anxiety (or just issues, full stop) - I like the way you’ve handled Jesse. You’ve put it on the table that this isn’t acceptable, taken footy away for a little while and said to him he needs to get help. Sometimes a strong hand is needed to get someone with these issues to take things seriously. Take it from me, you don’t care about anything.

Never mind the media who will have made a mountain regardless of what belly said today.

Jesse won’t see this ever but he has the support of a lot of people out there who just want to see him well. The footy stuff will follow.

You know what , we were merciless with their culture - what makes you think we will get it easy ? Wake the f up!!
Yeah nah I don't like the Fremantle Football Club now but... pretty obvious the Eagles back in the day are much worse than us now. I mean, we don't have a player with an obsession for setting fires.

Yeah nah I don't like the Fremantle Football Club now but... pretty obvious the Eagles back in the day are much worse than us now. I mean, we don't have a player with an obsession for setting fires.
Is it too soon we had one who attempted to destroy a horse race on friday night by pinging a shoe 😳
Get well Rhys

Jesus Christ. I don’t think anyone knows what they’re doing down there.

We are going to get smashed by North in round one and have a forth season in a row where we have been completely unwatchable. Not just bad, absolutely awful.

Our S and C team are doing their usual great work, managing to produce the longest injury list in the league by a country mile when the season hasn’t even started.

We have a bunch of high priced recruits who are either more interested in partying, too injured to play or have turned to complete rubbish since they arrived at the club.

We have coach who still rules with an iron fist because we have the biggest no name assistant coaches in the league.

We will have another season of the WC as a top four team and the West Australian running an Australian of the year campaign for Andrew Gaff.

Now all we need is Sheridan to light it up at GWS.

Perhaps this was more appropriate for the melt thread. Apologies guys.

Jesus Christ. I don’t think anyone knows what they’re doing down there.

We are going to get smashed by North in round one and have a forth season in a row where we have been completely unwatchable. Not just bad, absolutely awful.

Our S and C team are doing their usual great work, managing to produce the longest injury list in the league by a country mile when the season hasn’t even started.

We have a bunch of high priced recruits who are either more interested in partying, too injured to play or have turned to complete rubbish since they arrived at the club.

We have coach who still rules with an iron fist because we have the biggest no name assistant coaches in the league.

We will have another season of the WC as a top four team and the West Australian running an Australian of the year campaign for Andrew Gaff.

Now all we need is Sheridan to light it up at GWS.

Perhaps this was more appropriate for the melt thread. Apologies guys.

Im thinking the same thing I just cant bring myself to say it yet though so bravo for letting it all out publicly. Maybe Jesse can come on here every now and again just to get some things off his chest too.

Quality melt!

Team - Just spent close to an hour cleaning this thread up due to multiple reports and a series of arguments that got personal with name calling and more. I have been heavy handed with the clean-up ranging from deleted posts up to warnings and infractions.

I get this is an emotive issue, but please refrain from turning on each other and getting personal (and nasty). If you need to familiarise yourself with the board rules you can do so HERE. In particular can I remind you of rule number 2:

2. Civility - Differing opinions can lead to heated exchanges, whilst we encourage very robust and passionate discussions on this board, we also want posters to treat others with respect and play the ball and not the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back