Enoughs Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are critisizing the club for how its being handled in the media. I like it. I reckon Belly's done the right thing in the interest of the players welfare first of all.

And it also sends a message to the rest of the squad it doesnt matter who you are or how much you get paid if you take the piss pardon the pun you will be punished at selection and supported if there's a health issue at stake.

Must admit as someone who has issues with anxiety (or just issues, full stop) - I like the way you’ve handled Jesse. You’ve put it on the table that this isn’t acceptable, taken footy away for a little while and said to him he needs to get help. Sometimes a strong hand is needed to get someone with these issues to take things seriously. Take it from me, you don’t care about anything.

Never mind the media who will have made a mountain regardless of what belly said today.

Jesse won’t see this ever but he has the support of a lot of people out there who just want to see him well. The footy stuff will follow.

I think you're right with this. I think the club has at least done something publicly before the season has even started and I guess we'll see how we go. The big issue is that everyone knows he's on more than just alcohol so while Belly will straight faced say what he needs to say we all know that Jessie is in an even deeper and darker than hole than Bell can admit publically.

Last edited:
Aren't you the same bloke who tried saying Ryan Crowley was depressed and that's why he wasn't training? But a day later, he was done for drug use?

And boy oh boy the story I have heard about ol Crows lately.. not too different to Cuzzy.

Aren't you the same bloke that s**t cans Freo any chance he gets on the main board to feed your need to feel important.

It’s just been on the radio this video is not from Saturday night, it’s an old video. Old mate Hardie has implied there’s a video from a car park incident last Saturday night, obviously nobody has seen it. But it’s good enough fodder for Hardie aye.

It’s just been on the radio this video is not from Saturday night, it’s an old video. Old mate Hardie has implied there’s a video from a car park incident last Saturday night, obviously nobody has seen it. But it’s good enough fodder for Hardie aye.

I think there's more chance of Hardie being right than wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha funny thread. Supporting Freo has always been like those cartoons in the MAD comics:

We got Hogan...but then he went out drinking the week b4 R1 and got himself suspended

We got a second Rising star...and then he broke the leg of our starting mid and then left for GWS

We finally got to a GF and dominated...but couldn't kick straight so lost by 15

We got a Brownlow medalist...but then he broke his leg too so missed the good part of the next two seasons

We got the tallest player in the comp...but he struggles to hold a mark most of the time

We have one of the best small forwards in the game...who is played mostly in the middle

Everything is trending up with a great young list on paper...within a month of the season, half the players become unavailable

I could go on all day. It's amusing.

All this talk about our culture. We all knew coming into this that Hogan had off-field issues. I wouldn't even call them issues actually as he didn't get into trouble with any law enforcement or anything just he loves a good party. It's not as if he came to Freo and started acting this way. This probably won't be the last time he gets into a situation like this, but the good will outweigh the bad with Hogan at his time at Freo so all is well.

Haha funny thread. Supporting Freo has always been like those cartoons in the MAD comics:

We got Hogan...but then he went out drinking the week b4 R1 and got himself suspended

We got a second Rising star...and then he broke the leg of our starting mid and then left for GWS

We got a Brownlow medalist...but then he broke his leg too so missed the good part of the next two seasons

We got the tallest player in the comp...but he struggles to hold a mark most of the time

We have one of the best small forwards in the game...who is played mostly in the middle

Everything is trending up with a great young list on paper...within a month of the season, half the players become unavailable

First thing I thought of was the back cover fold in. Anyone feel like putting one of those together for our 2019 pre-season?

Herald Sun reporting that he was asked to leave a sponsor event in late December for being smashed. Senior player drove him home. Not before Rosich, Bell and senior management had lengthy discussions about how to handle the situation.

I just feel like the club could have been on the front foot more with this. Stories, rumours, pictures have been circulating all off-season. Come out, acknowledge it and say systems etc are in place. All the media in town know of these stories already it seems.

It's very much a Mets/Yankees or Tottenham/Chelsea feel with our club.
I actually think it starts with the president of the club. We need a knob head that would die for the club and publicly demands success.
Please, don’t ever, ever associate this club with Tottenham nor Chelsea. Spurs has and always will be a small club trying to be big. Not cursed just not good enough. Won absolutely nothing for 50+ years. Unfair with Mets too, NY Yankees are the richest club in America if not one of in the world. I’d say Mets have done it well the last few years. The thing is with those sports, the professionalism is another level. They are elite athletes, do their job and service. Get paid millions and respect the process. Australian sport though, seem too casual or lacking. Haven’t really shook that culture drinking. The lifestyle in America and England vs Australia is huge. Here players, including at NRL level too, are treated like gods when on 800k contracts. It’s a joke really. They can’t handle it

So funny and so true at the same time.

Please, don’t ever, ever associate this club with Tottenham nor Chelsea. Spurs has and always will be a small club trying to be big. Not cursed just not good enough. Won absolutely nothing for 50+ years. Unfair with Mets too, NY Yankees are the richest club in America if not one of in the world. I’d say Mets have done it well the last few years. The thing is with those sports, the professionalism is another level. They are elite athletes, do their job and service. Get paid millions and respect the process. Australian sport though, seem too casual or lacking. Haven’t really shook that culture drinking. The lifestyle in America and England vs Australia is huge. Here players, including at NRL level too, are treated like gods when on 800k contracts. It’s a joke really. They can’t handle it

West Coast in all honesty probably have a claim to that title in Australia.

This is Fremantle. A town born out of people who were poor as **** from England, Italy, Greece, Yugoslavia, Portugal... people who worked hard... we used to stand for actual hard results. That's no wonder Old Easts won so much, Souths won a lot and had the most supporters.

Completely agree, the Dockers should tap into the history of East Freo and South Freo the same way Roos used the old South Melbourne's 'Bloods' culture to help turn the Swans around. They are two of the most historically successful footy clubs in the country and that connection has never been promoted strongly enough.

I'm actually loving the ******* passion in this thread, even if we all disagree.

This club has been so namby and soft for too ******* long.

I'm getting too old to never see a flag. And I'm sure you are all too.

Twenty-five years of... uh, winning a semi-final in Geelong? Longmuir after the season? **** me. This is Fremantle. A town born out of people who were poor as **** from England, Italy, Greece, Yugoslavia, Portugal... people who worked hard... we used to stand for actual hard results. That's no wonder Old Easts won so much, Souths won a lot and had the most supporters.

I really hope we start voting with our vote.
I disagree. The team Ross had in 2012-2015 were freaking hard workers. We were an obsessive team based on defence and going 100%. Players like De Boer, Suban, Mzungu were proud Freo players. Such a shame this club isn’t like this now. Young players coming in, not enough on the list apart from Fyfe, Mundy and Sandi from that period. The thing that angers me is that we never got the maximum success due to injuries (thanks Weber and fitness staff.. still going with that these days too) and mismanagement of players. It was finally Freo became a professional, well respected club. Since signing Bennell, Freo has gone down a bit. Never agreed to getting Harley, thought we were a club based on no BS allowed. Yet we chose a talent vs hard work, professional player. Not sure why we’re still hanging on to him. He’s done. We owe him nothing. If his life unravels outside of AFL, that’s on him not Freo as we were incredibly supportive and patience. It feels like we’re keeping him because of this, his mental well-being.

It's more like WCE are Juventus and we are Torino, we had a promising year, except in their case it came to an end in the form of a plane crash killing all their players ours is more of a train wreck killing all hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Back