Radio EON:New sports radio station to launch this week

Remove this Banner Ad

What, really? You know something?
I thought a few people knew, I heard a lot of their management got sacked a while back now. Not sure why or who exactly though, but I assumed he was part of that.

It might just be over the Christmas holidays. I was listening on Saturday and they were live with their usual shows.

I think the weekday / weekend shows are okay but live sport wise there is just not enough interest in the NBL and the A-League to get people to listen.

Alot of people might follow their local team, so in my case Adelaide United and the 36ers but I would switch stations if a Sydney Kings v Perth NBL game came on. That is where being Nationial hurts them a bit.

Last edited:
I thought a few people knew, I heard a lot of their management got sacked a while back now. Not sure why or who exactly though, but I assumed he was part of that.

My understanding is that on the Monday before the Melbourne Cup Glenn & Danny approached the backer looking for more money, the backer said yes, but not with you two running the place and took over running it himself. At the same time the sales manager and one other (who I just cannot remember) was also shown the door.

Any date set on when the regular programs return?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain yourself staffi?
Explain What?
I have been travelling the USA and the last thing i was going to do was check this website and chat room , me and my girl did some of famous route 66 with a group on rented Indian Brand Motorbikes ( eat your heart out Dazza )

My understanding is that on the Monday before the Melbourne Cup Glenn & Danny approached the backer looking for more money, the backer said yes, but not with you two running the place and took over running it himself. At the same time the sales manager and one other (who I just cannot remember) was also shown the door.

Athol now is your understanding fact or just a nasty rumour ?
Because if you google up Glen Wheatly and EON and radio you get lots of articles about him and EON and a new exciting venture , The AGE , Herald Sun , Financial review even Radio and media websites with stories on him.Even an article about him buying a Sydney Radio station last week.
Now if thats the case how could one of the biggest names in Radio and Media in this country be sacked nearly 2 months ago according to you and not even a snippet or a mention or even anything even those radio websites that mention Joe Blow from Bush radio 1 has moved to Bush radio 2.
When I read about it in something other than this chat room I will believe it.
If all those papers and websites wrote plenty about his start up they would be jumping in to write what you said if it was true!

First time I have been critical of EON since joining this forum
But what the hell is going on there?
Now is the time that you might get a few new listeners discover the place , summer sport holidays people flicking the radio around.
I was at Rosebud foreshore park today and people in tents had SEN and ABC on and these are people that would normally be working 9 to 5 in a months time.
Now I dont mind the Talksport and English stuff and of course the EPL live but no a league no nbl who at EON decided to have to stop all that and give a free hit to SEN etc.
Even I admit Bianca and Jack have no chance to compete with Lyon and the million dollar SEN show and even Harf and Richo on their new show at RS , so now is the time to step up not shut down.
Crazy move by Glenn and the mgt at EON

First time I have been critical of EON since joining this forum
But what the hell is going on there?
Now is the time that you might get a few new listeners discover the place , summer sport holidays people flicking the radio around.
I was at Rosebud foreshore park today and people in tents had SEN and ABC on and these are people that would normally be working 9 to 5 in a months time.
Now I dont mind the Talksport and English stuff and of course the EPL live but no a league no nbl who at EON decided to have to stop all that and give a free hit to SEN etc.
Even I admit Bianca and Jack have no chance to compete with Lyon and the million dollar SEN show and even Harf and Richo on their new show at RS , so now is the time to step up not shut down.
Crazy move by Glenn and the mgt at EON

You get sacked?

Hope everyone is giving EON Sports Radio a chance to show you what true Sports Radio is all about.
Not just AFL , AFL AFL being rammed down your throat like at SEN.
Everyone seems to agree that SEN has dropped the ball and EON is here to pick the ball up.
Not the same old same old voices in some cases ten years plus of saying the same thing.
Fresh voices and fresh Sport views.

sounds great

Okay so I just had my first (and prob last) ever listen to EON. All I am hearing are ads for Tesco and the traffic on the M6 in the West Midlands has a lane blocked and there is a lorry broken down somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back