Radio EON:New sports radio station to launch this week

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems as though they aren't simulcasting Talksport as they usually would, instead they are just airing repeats of the morning and now afternoon shows.

Does anyone know if the Talksport arrangement has ended? maybe they have missed payments recently? Maybe they are starting the simulcast later? I know I can get Talksport without going through EON, so that's not a problem, but you can't get the EPL without going via EON. They are still airing advertisements about live EPL coverage, but they are also still airing ads about their Live A-League coverage of every game.

It seems as though they aren't simulcasting Talksport as they usually would, instead they are just airing repeats of the morning and now afternoon shows.

Does anyone know if the Talksport arrangement has ended? maybe they have missed payments recently? Maybe they are starting the simulcast later? I know I can get Talksport without going through EON, so that's not a problem, but you can't get the EPL without going via EON. They are still airing advertisements about live EPL coverage, but they are also still airing ads about their Live A-League coverage of every game.

Talksport came on late last night. It might have been about 11pm Your right they were replaying interviews from during the day prior to that. I have no idea why the switch is happening later. My guess would be they can keep playing their own adds and not have to pay much production wise as it is all replays.

They're cooked, but it was never a good business plan - an all-sport digital radio service with no AFL broadcasting license.

The only market in Australia where an all-sport radio station can work is Melbourne, because of the enormous latent interest in the AFL. Unfortunately for EON, that niche is already filled by an AFL-backed station.

They're cooked, but it was never a good business plan - an all-sport digital radio service with no AFL broadcasting license.

The only market in Australia where an all-sport radio station can work is Melbourne, because of the enormous latent interest in the AFL. Unfortunately for EON, that niche is already filled by an AFL-backed station.

According to the Digital Radio survey numbers released yesterday, they actually performed well in Sydney.

Only problem is, like the AFL rights, they don't have NRL rights either to give them some type of solid foundation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were right, Cam and Richie have been switched to the breakfast shift. First show this morning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who are the new owners?

And are they going back to covering A-League which was such a big part of their original hype package before they quietly dropped it?

Listening to the station this week, you can really tell the difference compared to two weeks ago. During the advertisement breaks the constant promos for live A-League and NBL coverage (which they had stopped covering anyway) have stopped and in its place is a steady stream of advertisers, which is good for the viability of the station. You can really tell that they've put extra resources into the sales team.

Moving the afternoon duo to the mornings has been a good thing IMO as they have brought much more energy to the breakfast slot. Jack is a polished presenter who I like, but doing solo in the breakfast slot wasn't working (I thought he and Biance were good FWIW).

Update:

New rosters locked in.
Website updated.
Plenty of new shows coming for post 6pm and weekends
New sales team
New advertisers on board
New owners
Social media firing back up
Talk Sport getting less and less airtime

Think you'll find something here you will like.
Good stuff. Although I like Talk Sport.

Did old mate Staffi survive the cut?
I don't know who would put money into this venture again, some people have more money than sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back