Podcast Ep. 7.22 - Thud

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work team.

1) When is Portia back?

2) Can you explain our bomb to the centre square from defensive kick in tactic? How about our midfield set ups?

3) Is our lack of defensive height a red herring (ie not an issue if our midfield pulled their finger out) or a true problem?

4) Who should we target coach wise?

5) Has Jack Watts ever come to Sotos and if so, what did he have? If not, what would he have?

We just lost to a side with a very strong midfield and three tall targets up forward, who were able to get silver service when their midfield got on top.

What, if anything, can we do to ensure that the same doesn't happen this week coming up against an arguably superior midfield unit of Kelly, Coniglio, Ward, Greene, Whitfield and co delivering the ball to a clearly superior tall forward unit of Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg?

Good work team.

1) When is Portia back?
When Portia isn't on the podcast, all the other hosts should be asking Where's Portia?

This week was our first real test of our midfield against a good opposition in good weather and we were too slow. Wines or Rockliff out?

A 195cm+ KPD is clearly our top list need. Until we draft one could Ladhams or even Hayes play on the resting rucks, when playing sides with 3 very tall forwards, like Brisbane and GWS?

If Burton is fit do you bring him in for Bonner or drop Farrell and push Houston up the ground?

When was the last time either host can remember Ken making a move during a game when we were getting smashed early that turned it around for a win?

What happen Ports?

I thought last week against WCE we showed signs of being able to halt a team’s momentum. This week it was like the floodgates were opened.
Do we see the problem as the midfield being too slow or is down to the fact that we are not winning enough ball in the ruck to give them opportunity?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The coaching staff have focused on midfield issues rather than defensive matchups.
Is that an attempt to deflect away from defensive matchups?

Do we put too much emphasis on having a settled defence vs having a horses for courses defence?

Not sure I'll catch this one live but very interested in what you say.

Oh and #BringBackThePortia :)

Do you think internally the continual occurrence of "What happen power" moments is being addressed or discussed, if so what can we look for as supporters to prove this?

We went defensive at CBs (sending a winger to the back of the square) in the third quarter but it didnt do much other than stem the tide a bit when it was too late.

Would you have tried that earlier in Q2 or gone more aggressive / attacking?

(Eg attacking in my eyes would be Gray, Boak, Houston with Butters/Rozee off a wing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back