Epic Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a good read of this thread. Surely last night comes close to one of the best grand slam finals of all time.

Other matches I can think of:
* Roddick vs El Aynaoui 21-19 in the fifth, 2003 AO QF
* The Poo beating Agassi in five, I believe this was around 2003 Wimbledon SF
* Schiavone vs Kuznetsova last year at the AO 4th round, 16-14 in the third
* Sampras' swansong at the US Open 2002 where he beat long time rival Agassi in the final. Retired the next year
* Agassi vs Baghdatis US Open 2006. Both players literally couldn't move. Such an epic, Agassi 7-5 in the fifth and then got flogged in the next round (3rd). His last Slam of his career.

Djokovic over Murray in the semi, Murray looked like he was a pea heart at 2-4 in the final set, but BROKE BACK and it was just a stroke of bad luck that saw Novak there last night instead of him

Roddick v Kohlschreiber 3rd round @ the 2008 Australian Open ...man, that was epic. Record amount of winners hit or something like that. Will never forget it.

Roddick v Kohlschreiber 3rd round @ the 2008 Australian Open ...man, that was epic. Record amount of winners hit or something like that. Will never forget it.

That was a great match, I'm a bit of a Kohlschreiber fan actually. The bloke has some mad shots. Seems to always be there or there abouts though and never taken his game ot the next level.

Also IIRC, in that match there were a few people in the crowd who were a bit tanked and were pestering Roddick which caused him to yell out "shut up" and I think he inisghted them even more> :D

5. The only womens match in my list: Shanchez Vicario V Rubin in the early nineties. One of the rare times the men had to wait a real long time for their match!!! Awesome, awesome game... with it being something like 11-9 (or it could have been more) in the final set??

This is the earliest women’s match I can recall being enthralled by. Revisited it today, epic battle!

Incredibly, Rubin & ASV won the doubles together at the same slam! That was during a run when ASV made the slam final in 8 out of 11 consecutive appearances. The three occasions she was knocked out earlier were by a 13th/14th American seed.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was epic but Zverev win over Novak in the Olympic semi. Zverev was outplayed in the first set but came back strongly in the second and was fantastic in the third.

Why haven't I came into this thread before now. One of my favs was Kuzzy against Schivaone in the AO, searing heat and a thrilling three setter with Schiavone winning.

I don't know if it was epic but Zverev win over Novak in the Olympic semi. Zverev was outplayed in the first set but came back strongly in the second and was fantastic in the third.

Why haven't I came into this thread before now. One of my favs was Kuzzy against Schivaone in the AO, searing heat and a thrilling three setter with Schiavone winning.
Yep, Kuzzy a common factor in some belters over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back