EPL Clubs Falling Behind Elite

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Going into the round of 16 3 out of the 5 English sides were favourites to go through. 2 made it. Hardly a terrible result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwoodity

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Yeah I agree with you.

Decent line-up left, would have been even juicer had United brought their A game and been there instead of Sevilla (as harsh as that may sound). Also can’t help but think spurs or Chelsea should be there ahead of Roma and you’ve arguably got the best 8 clubs who entered the competition. Looking forward to the draw though
A bit too EPL-centric.

Sevilla were far and away better than Man Utd over two legs.

Chelsea were gash.

Spurs were probably the ones that would be better than Roma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
That the co-efficient is a means for determining whether epl clubs are falling behind the elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said it was.

Co-efficient is an indicator of which teams have won more games and progressed further in the two comps.

England have had a good year so far.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
2 English clubs in the last 8. Up on 1 last season.
Shouldn't improvement be measured by how much English teams bridge the gap to those top sides.
So if LFC/City get beat 5-0 or 6-1 agg v Barca or Bayern has there really been improvement in England?
So tell me what significance does winning competitions back in the 70’s and 80’s and one in 2005 have on your team now? Why aren’t wolves and Huddersfield tearing up the premier league as they dominated eras back in the day? You’re talking **** and you know you are
Yep. European pedigree isn't helping Villa or Forest these days is it. It's just glorious history collecting dust in a cabinet now.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
So tell me what significance does winning competitions back in the 70’s and 80’s and one in 2005 have on your team now? Why aren’t wolves and Huddersfield tearing up the premier league as they dominated eras back in the day? You’re talking **** and you know you are
Nice of you to forget the 2 x quarter final and runner up in 2007.

Using your logic Bayern Munich have no European pedigree because they've won the CL once only in the last 15 years.

FAITH

Brownlow Medallist
Going For The Treble: *LFC EPL; *LFC UCL; *AFC AFL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Thread starter #492
Spurs fans just don't understand.

Collingwoodity

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I never said it was.

Co-efficient is an indicator of which teams have won more games and progressed further in the two comps.

England have had a good year so far.
Then why say it?

It is a good indicator of total wins of a nation but a terrible indicator of mean performance of a nation:

upload_2018-3-15_18-29-32.png

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Think FAITH has missed our 1999 CL win, our 2008 CL win and the 2 finals in 2009 and 2011.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Sure. But Zaza was co-owned by Juve in 2013 when he was 21. Dybala is a big signing, but Palermo's chairman is always looking for a great deal. It is not as if Juve signed Napoli and Roma's best players.
That's aged well.

Top Bottom