Games EPL Fantasy 10/11

Remove this Banner Ad

When is the cut off time? I did trades on Saturday yet they didn't go through in time for the last round but are now instead counted as my trades for this week! I brought in Carroll too who scored which was annoying!

Surely it isn't up until kickoff as I thought I got in pretty early!

Hleb for 5.0 is a steal!
Not really, your better of getting someone like Charlie Adams from Blackpool, or David Jones from Wolves or Maybe even Jon Obi Michael who I think only cost 2 aswell.

Reasons being:
- Avg 1 goal every 10 games (which isnt great for a winger attacker only like 4 goals a season)
- He has only scored 1 goal and 7 assists in 2 years (from 72 games)
- He has got to be mentally mindf**ked with how he has been treated since leaving Arsenal
- Has a history of Hamstring and Knee injuries.
- Has had an unsettled preseason and my not be at full mach fitness let alone fit in to Birmingham's tight defensive tactics after playing such free flowing footbal at Arsenal, Barca and Stutgard.

Used my wildcard few week ago, might regret that with a few injuries atm, including Dawson :(

Got O'Shea and Evans too who are risky due to rotation, plus Micah Richards.

Has any1 on here finished super high in the rankings before? I wanna crack the top 10K this year after getting top 20K last year IIRC.

Hart
M. Richards, Terry, Carragher, L. Young
Malouda (C), Walcott, Bale, Downing
Chamakh, Tevez

Subs: Carson, Obi Mikel, Rodallega, Al-Muhammadi

My side is looking pretty top notch, I used 1 of my 2 trades to trade out Gomes (injured) for Hart, was tossing up between Reina, Cech and Hart.

20k is awsome, Ive been playing for like 6 seasons and my best is like 72k.

Hart
M. Richards, Terry, Carragher, L. Young
Malouda (C), Walcott, Bale, Downing
Chamakh, Tevez

Subs: Carson, Obi Mikel, Rodallega, Al-Muhammadi

My side is looking pretty top notch, I used 1 of my 2 trades to trade out Gomes (injured) for Hart, was tossing up between Reina, Cech and Hart.

20k is awsome, Ive been playing for like 6 seasons and my best is like 72k.
Cheers mate, this year is my 3rd of taking it serious (or as serious as you can take it living in Australia). It was actually 17,946th last year haha :)

It annoys me how you can't really get line ups for each team, each week, like you do in the AFL.

My team atm is ...

Jaska Foster

Evans O'Shea Richards Dawson Williamson

Lampard Malouda Bale Albrighton Barton

Drogba Berbatov Carroll

0.4 left in the bank.

Ranked 135K atm, 3 rounds in. Need a big score this weekend, which won't happen because I have a few players out and only have 1 free transfer.

I'm glad we have this thread, is there an official BigFooty League going atm?

Yeah there is I think there is code a few pages back.

I know what you mean about the line ups, they dont have to give the team list untill like a couple of hours before kickoff.

I had Terry in my team and last min changed him to Ivanovic who is a much more attack minded full back simillar to Luke Young, Glen Johnson and Ash Cole. Turns out he was recovering from an Injury and only came on as a late sub. You cant even trust the info you get on the prem league site with the little red and yellow info boxes ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( Have had to use my first wildcard already because of injuries and partially because i overrated my team. :eek:

Team before wildcard:

------------Stockdale----------------
Craddock--Samba--Dawson--Foley
Bale--Fabregas--Arshavin--Ferguson
----------Bent--Tevez---------------

Bench: Gomes--Shawcross--Albrighton--Rodallega (who made dreamteam while on my bench, *sigh*)

New Team:

-------------Friedel---------------
-------Cole--Toure--O'Shea------
Bale--Malouda--Arshavin--Etuhu
-----Drogba--Zamora--Carroll----

Bench: Carson--Alrbighton--Al-Muhammadi--Bramble

Hoping Cole, Malouda, Drogba, Carroll etc. can stay in form, though knowing my luck their footballing ability will take a month off.

What are Van de Vaart's stats usually like in la liga? Cause I always get him for international fantasy games (World cup, Euro) and he tends to do well.

82 points for the gameweek :)

I'm spewing I forgot to use my 2nd free transfer to get in Alex though. Now it feels like i'm a week behind with everyone transfer I use because i'll be getting him this week.

Hopefully Fabregas is ok :(

ATM sitting 9th in the BF league currently with Drogba, Ashley Cole and Carrol all still to play this week.

Add to that, my ****ing captain got 2...Berbatov

Pretty suckie prizes...

Fantasy Premier League Prizes Page said:
1st Prize
The overall winner of Fantasy Premier League 2010/11 will win a VIP trip for two to a Barclays Premier League match (the identity of which is determined by The Premier League) featuring a team of the successful player's choice. The Winner’s Prize includes travel, two nights' hotel accommodation, two match tickets, pre-match meal and £250 spending money.

Monthly Prize
This season the person who finishes top of the monthly leaderboard will be declared Manager of the Month and will win a digital camera, an mp3 player, and a Premier League club replica kit of the Winner’s choice.

Surely the world's largest annual sporting competition could reward it's better fantasy players a little better...?

Pretty suckie prizes...

Surely the world's largest annual sporting competition could reward it's better fantasy players a little better...?

It's a free competition.

And with that in mind I think the prizes are pretty good.

Except for the bit where they make you go to a s**t EPL game. Should be a choice to be able to go watch some real English football instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back